6th September 2015, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I get direct admission to study PhD in Physics without appearing in UGC-NET?

Respected Sir,
Can I get direct admission in PhD program for Physics course without giving UGC-NET? Please reply as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Entrance exams to study PhD in Physics except UGC-NET for B.Ed and M.Sc candidate?
  2. Procedure to study PhD through UGC-NET for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  3. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  4. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
  5. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in UGC-NET to study PhD in Urdu course?
  6. Should I have to appear in UGC NET to study PhD in Botany in CMS College, Kottayam? Procedure to get admission?
  7. NET qualified person can get direct admission in PhD? Procedure to get admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Possibility to study PhD in Organic Chemistry without appearing in UGC-NET for M.Phil postgraduate?
  9. Can I get admission to study PhD in Geography being a UGC-NET qualified Assistant Government Teacher?
  10. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Pharmaceutics)? For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if want to study Ph.D in Ceutics? Basic difference between Part Time and Full Time Ph.D?
  11. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET for study PhD in Management?
  12. Can I get admission to study M.Sc and PhD through college if secure good rank in B.Sc course in India? Detailed information about study Physics/Genetics in B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD in Abroad?
  13. Entrance exams other than UGC-NET to study PhD in Botany course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What is the procedure to be followed for doing Ph.D in Home Science?
  15. Can I get direct admission in Kolhan University to study PhD with 60% in Post Graduation?
  16. Can i do Ph.D.in Organic Chemistry after completing M.Sc. in same with 65%? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Mass Communication?
  18. Is it necessary to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Electronics for postgraduate?
18th September 2015, 05:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get direct admission to study PhD in Physics without appearing in UGC-NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
Can I get direct admission in PhD program for Physics course without giving UGC-NET? Please reply as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply.
No, you can't get direct admission to study Ph.D in Physics. If you can qualify in CSIR NET exam then you are eligible to get admission.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.
18th September 2015, 07:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get direct admission to study PhD in Physics without appearing in UGC-NET?

You have to appear for any entrance exam for getting admission in a reputed university for PH.D course. There is no direct admission for PH.D and there will be exam plus interview before registration.

Hence, if you don't have NET score then you have to appear for other exams to get admission which is mostly conducted by the university concerned.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?