31st October 2016, 11:51 AM
Abu siddique

Do I have to qualify UPSC exam to become eligible for RRB exam?

Hello Sir, I have completed my Engineering (EEE) this year. I want to know can I apply for RRB exam or do I have to qualify UPSC exam to become eligible for RRB exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

1st November 2016, 05:00 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Do I have to qualify UPSC exam to become eligible for RRB exam?

No not all you do not have clear UPSC examination for appearing in RRB examination as both these examinations are independent to each other.

As you are interested to appear in RRB examination so I am giving you short details regarding the same.

* RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board and RRB examinations are held by different RRBs following a particular trend for recruitment of Junior and Senior engineering in Indian Railways.

* Being a B.Tech in EEE you are eligible for appearing in RRB examination for the posts i.e; for junior engineer as well as senior engineer on the educational requirement basis. But for Junior engineer your age must lie within 18 years to 32 years where as for senior engineer it must lie with 20 years to 34 years. In both the cases age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For further details and updates regarding RRB examination you can refer to the link www.rrb.gov.nic.in.
1st November 2016, 05:20 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: Do I have to qualify UPSC exam to become eligible for RRB exam?

After completing EEE you can apply for several jobs in the Indian Railways.Every year Railways publish job post for the vacancies in the different department.You will have to appear UPSC civil service entrance exam.

Jobs in Indian Railways have been divided into four groups.

Group A

Group B

Group C

Group D

Eligibility Criteria- You should have bachelor's degree in civil,CSE,EEE,ECE & Automobile.

You should score at least 55% marks in bachelor's degree.

Age should be in between 20 to 35 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?