11th August 2011, 01:36 AM
rishns

Do I require biology to apply for B.Tech course in Nanotechnology?

hi,
i have just passed 12th with PCM should i also require bio for applying to a B.tec course in Nanotechnology
Rishabh Verma

21st August 2011, 12:13 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Do I require biology to apply for B.Tech course in Nanotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishns View Post
hi,
i have just passed 12th with PCM should i also require bio for applying to a B.tec course in Nanotechnology
Rishabh Verma
No Need of that Biology but.
as far as I'm knowledged.
At present No reputed Institute of India is offering Bachlors course in Nano Technology.

But there are institutes which are offering Post Graduation in nano technology is bachelors degree with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics,Chemistr,Mathematics and Life sciences and with PCM as subsidary subjects.

The Candidates who want to pursue their higher studies in Nano technology can apply for M.Tech in nano technology after completing B.Tech Degree with Material Science,
Mechanical,
Biomedical,
Chemical,
Biotechnology,
Electronics and Computer streams are also eligible

M.Sc in Physics,Chemistry ,Material Science, Biotechnology and CS are also eligibl to apply for the M.Tech course

Admission for 5 year Integrated M.tech course in Nanotechnology is through Entrance test.

This is all about Nanotechnology course in India

All the best for your career with nano Technology

Regards

~AdityA~
21st August 2011, 12:58 PM
saugata2008

Default Re: Do I require biology to apply for B.Tech course in Nanotechnology?

No dear, biology is not required for the course Nanotechnology.
there are some universities like-

**SASTRA University, Thanjavur-TamilNadu -M.tech integrated in medical nanotechnology
**Nano Science and Technology Consortium, Delhi - Nanotechnology Programs
**Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, M.Sc. Materials Science (Nanotechnology)
**National Institute of Technology Calicut - M.Tech and PhD
**SRM University, Kattankulathur - B.Tech, M.S (Course work, Research), PhD
**VIT University, Vellore - M. Tech Nanotechnology
**Noorul Islam College of Engineering, Kumarakovil - M. Tech Nanotechnology
**Karunya University, Coimbatore - Masters and PhD
**Anna University Chennai
**Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Andhra **Pradesh - M.Tech (Nanotechnology)
**Andhra University, Visakhapatnam - M.Sc., M.Tech
**Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi - M.Sc., M.Tech
**Bharathiar University, Coimbatore - M. Sc.
**Osmania University, Hyderabad - M.Sc., M.Tech
**Anna University Tiruchirappalli],Tamil Nadu - M.Tech (Nanoscience And Technology)
**Centre For Converging Technologies, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur - **M.Tech(Nanotechnology And Nanomaterials)
**The Global Open University Nagaland, Nagaland - M.Sc.
**Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
**Central University of Jharkhand - Integrated M.Sc. Nanotechnology
**IITs - B. Tech & M.Tech with Nanotechnology
Thaqnk you
21st August 2011, 01:07 PM
malek basit

Lightbulb Re: Do I require biology to apply for B.Tech course in Nanotechnology?

hello friends

nano-technology comes under engineering field .....and biology is not compulsory for one to have before applying for the course......

the course is available in many private and govt institutes...... u can get one seat from aieee exam also......and to apply for aieee exam biology is not compulsory......

so don't worry and apply for nano-technology .........it is one of the upcoming field in future.........

you might face some problems dealing with biology terms in nano-technology.....as you have studied biology only upto 10th std..........and i must tell you that real biology started after 10th only.......what you have studied upto 10th std is the most general and basic knowledge one must have in biology.........

but as you are so interested for applying in nano technology you will be able to manage everything properly.........

best of luck
21st August 2011, 01:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishns View Post
hi,
Rishabh Verma
dear friend,

PCM is enough to be eligible for B.tech nanotechnology.

But you have to fulfill the criteria for b-tech admission.

You have to passed 12 th with above 50% marks.

Its not mandatory that your 10+2 subjects are included in biology.

thanks
21st August 2011, 02:00 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend...

According to me you don't require biology as the compulsory subject for doing the B.Tech course in the Nanotechnology.

According to me there is no such course of the B.Tech in Nanotechnology being provided by any of the govt. or the private institutes or the university. Instead there is the post-graduation course of the nanotechnology by good universities and institutes both the private and the government.

For doing the Post-Graduation you have to get atleast 50% of the marks in the graduation or the engineering degree.
Only those students who have done their graduation/B.Tech or B.E from the Material-sciences , physics , chemistry , electronics , mechanical , chemical , biotechnology etc are eligible to do the M.Tech or the Post-Graduation in the Nanotechnology .

After doing the M.Tech or the Post-Graduation in the Nanotechnology you can join in the various research field relating to your subjects and even you can join in good companies that is after completing your nanotechnology course you have a very good future prospects .

Hope this would have cleared your doubt on nanotechnology .

So best of luck for your future.

Regards
~PRAVIR~
21st August 2011, 02:42 PM
Er.patel

yes there is no need of biology sub for b.tech in nano tech.but there are no b.tech cource for it as t know but m.tech is there surely.
30th November 2011, 11:03 PM
litunu

there are institutes which are offering Post Graduation in nano technology is bachelors degree with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics,Chemistr,Mathematics and Life sciences and with PCM as subsidary subjects.

The Candidates who want to pursue their higher studies in Nano technology can apply for M.Tech in nano technology after completing B.Tech Degree with Material Science,
Mechanical,
Biomedical,
Chemical,
Biotechnology,
Electronics and Computer streams are also eligible

M.Sc in Physics,Chemistry ,Material Science, Biotechnology and CS are also eligibl to apply for the M.Tech course
Admission for 5 year Integrated M.tech course in Nanotechnology is through Entrance test.
This is all about Nanotechnology course in India
28th January 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

I want admission in maharaja sayajirao university for nano tech i'm a 12th under going student with bio please inform me how can i get there entrance test n other info
-yogesh
21st April 2012, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

is maths compulsory for nanotechnology? and i passed 12th sci wid PCB as a major subjects so can i go for nanotechnology in future?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?