11th June 2018, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Does CBSE board allows to reappear for exam even after passing the paper?

I am a non-medical student of CBSE board and in 12th board exam I got less marks in Mathematics. So, I want to get better marks in Math so what I have to do for this? Can I reappear for Mathematics paper again?

13th June 2018, 11:18 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does CBSE board allows to reappear for exam even after passing the paper?

There is no way to re - appear in the exam if you have passed the exam previously. Not only CBSE but also all state boards do not permit it. Everyone gets one chance to appear in each papers, though, if he/she fails in one or more subjects, then only he/she can re - appear in the supplementary exam next year.

That's totally your fault that you have not prepared well for the exam. As a result, you got less marks! If you are back on the right track, then I want to suggest you to forget this exam and apply for getting admission in graduation course in your interested subject(except Mathematics as you got less marks on it!). Or, if you aren't back on the right track, try to get rid of that things for which you aren't able to concentrate on studies.
14th June 2018, 09:22 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does CBSE board allows to reappear for exam even after passing the paper?

If you have passed the regular examinations of your 12th standard board examinations by securing less marks, then you can appear in Improvement examinations to improve your score. You can apply for Improvement examinations directly by contact your school principal or examination branch.
14th June 2018, 08:15 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

There is improvement examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. If you feel that your marks in mathematics is less then you can apply for improvement examination of this subject.

You can reappear for this subject and perform well in paper to secure better marks in this subject.
14th June 2018, 10:13 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can certainly improve your marks in Class 12th board examination secured by you in first attempt by appearing in the improvement examination next year which is held along with the CBSE Class 12th board examinations next year.

But, one thing I would like to let you know that you will be eligible for appearing in CBSE Class 12th board examination as a private candidate only.

For FAQs related to CBSEE private candidates, you can refer to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
15th June 2018, 05:26 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to reappear in 12th board exam even after passing 12th board examination.
It is allowed to write improvement exam.
It is also possible to change board means you can change board from CBSE to any other. It should be state board or NIOS, ICSE etc.
15th June 2018, 06:07 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Central Board of Secondary Education allows candidates to reappear for subjects in which students feel that they have secured less marks.

The name of examination is called improvement examination. Once results are out, after few weeks, notification of improvement exam is released. Then you can approach your school to apply for improvement examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?