13th January 2018, 10:04 AM
Shravani Davari

Does IIT colleges accept Diploma engineers directly into 2nd year on basis of Diploma?

I am doing Diploma in Civil Engineering, and now I want to take admission in B.Tech in Civil Engineering from IIT in the direct second year. Is it possible? Will IIT take any entrance exam for this? Also, tell me difference about JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get study B.Tech 2nd year directly for Electrical & Electronics Diploma holder?
  2. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  3. Can I get admission in 2nd year of Diploma directly on the basis of Intermediate?
  4. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  5. Can I get admission in B.E. 2nd year in IIT being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering?
  6. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What are the requirements to join Diploma course directly in 2nd year?
  8. How and when to join B.Tech in IIT institutions being a 2nd year student of Diploma in Mining?
  9. Whether IIT Madras accepts Diploma degree for lateral entry admission in their program or not? -- [New]
  10. How should I admit into BSc after completing Polytechnic?
  11. How to join IIT after passing 2nd year diploma?
  12. List of best colleges to apply after completion of 3 years diploma course?
  13. Is it possible to get admission for TET in 3rd year Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  14. Admission to B.Tech from IIT in 2nd year after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  15. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  16. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  17. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  18. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
15th January 2018, 09:25 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does IIT colleges accept Diploma engineers directly into 2nd year on basis of Diploma?

There is no lateral entry in Indian Institute of Technology which is the top engineering institute of India.

Diploma students are eligible for admission in Indian Institute of Technology. The competitive exam for admission in IITs is Joint Entrance Examination.

JEE has two stages JEE Main and Advanced. It is conducted by CBSE.
15th January 2018, 02:17 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Does IIT colleges accept Diploma engineers directly into 2nd year on basis of Diploma?

There is no provision of lateral entry in case of Indian Institute of Technology admissions. It is true that diploma candidates are eligible for admission in IITs but they can not take direct admission in second year.

Diploma holders from a recognized institute can apply for Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE for admission in Bachelor of Technology.
15th January 2018, 04:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

*No, Indian Institute of Technology does not accept admission of diploma candidates directly in second year of engineering.

*Diploma candidates are eligible for admission in Indian Institute of Technology but they get admission in first year of engineering. Admission to IITs is based on Joint Entrance Examination.
15th January 2018, 05:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No Indian Institute of Technology does not accept diploma engineers directly in second year of engineering.

Diploma candidates are admitted in first year of engineering only. You are eligible for admission in IITs not NITs.

You can also apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in second year of engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?