28th June 2016, 01:06 PM
suresh pilli

Is it possible to get study B.Tech 2nd year directly for Electrical & Electronics Diploma holder?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have completed my Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering. I like to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech directly now. Is is possible for me to do the B.Tech in 2nd directly?
With Regards-
Suresh

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) being a Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  2. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering through Distance Education being an Electrical ITI Holder?
  3. Can I get admission in B.Sc(Electronics) 2nd year if completed Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  4. Which is better to study among B.Tech and AMIE after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  5. Am I eligible to do B.E in Electronics after completion of diploma in Electrical?
  6. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) being a Diploma holder in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  7. Procedure to study B.Tech Electrical Engineering for Electronics Diploma holder?
  8. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
  9. Can I get jobs in MNC's like infosys and others?
  10. Part time courses for Diploma holder in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  11. Procedure to apply for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering for ITI holder?
  12. How to take admission directly after completing last year diploma in electrical engineering?
  13. Which stream of Diploma is best between Electrical and Electrical & Electronics? -- [New]
  14. Can I study Diploma in Marine Engineering after completing B.E.(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)?
  15. Can I do Diploma in 2 streams in my last year of Diploma?
  16. Is it possible to change my stream from Diploma in Electrical Engineering to Diploma in Electronics? How to change the stream?
  17. Possibility to study Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering for a candidate who has completed ITI Electrical 20 years ago?
  18. Can i Study in BE Electrical & Electronics Engineering through Evening Collage in Bangalore? -- [Most Discussed]
28th June 2016, 05:10 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get study B.Tech 2nd year directly for Electrical & Electronics Diploma holder?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology. It is a four-year Undergraduate degree course in the field of Technology. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream or three years Diploma in Engineering course from a Government recognised Board/ Institute are eligible to pursue B.Tech course.

Candidates who have completed three years Diploma in Engineering course can get direct admission in second year of B.Tech course through Lateral Entry admission process. To get Lateral Entry admission in B.Tech course, you should have to appear and qualify lateral examination like LEET which is conducted by your respective state technical board of education.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have completed Diploma course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, so, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.Tech course.
28th June 2016, 05:17 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to get study B.Tech 2nd year directly for Electrical & Electronics Diploma holder?

As you have done diploma you can take direct admission to the 2nd year of B.Tech course. For the entry in the B.Tech course you have to appear for the lateral entry examination. You can get good college after scoring good marks in the examination.

Eligibility criteria for admission to B. Tech Second Year=====>

**Candidates must have passed Diploma (with minimum 60% marks) in any branch Engineering/Technology are eligible for admission to Second year in any branch of Engineering/Technology.
28th June 2016, 09:49 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to get study B.Tech 2nd year directly for Electrical & Electronics Diploma holder?

As you are a diploma holder you can directly appear for the B.Tech 2nd year only after your Diploma through the lateral entry scheme.After completing your diploma course you have to appear for the Entrance examinations for B.Tech course.

There are some specific eligibility criteria which are available in order to appear for the B.Tech after your diploma course,such as
  • Candidates who have completed diploma with at least 60% of the marks in diploma are eligible for B.Tech course.
  • Candidates who are in the finale year of Diploma are also eligible for the B.Tech course .

You can appear for Lateral entry after your diploma through the ECET examinations which will be appeared after diploma course.According to the results in the examination you will be allotted seat in the B.Tech course in the respective stream of study in respective college

Through this examination you can be directly appear for the 2nd year of the B.tech course in lateral entry in to your desired branch electrical engineering.

After your B.Tech in electrical engineering you will have good future in electrical stream in government sector or either in the private sectors also.
28th June 2016, 10:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.tech course.

To get admission in the course for diploma candidates, candidates have to qualify in LEET examination.

The examination is conducted by various state government and private government universities. The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidates must have passed diploma from any recognised university.

So, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for admission in the 2nd year of B.tech course through lateral entry.
29th June 2016, 12:25 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

You can eligible for b.tech electrical and electronics after completing diploma.

But you need to write ECET exam after completing diploma. In this exam you can qualify this exam you can join the directly b.tech 2nd year.
29th June 2016, 01:53 AM
Ronie0309

Yes it is quite possible for you to join an engineering college directly into the 2nd year.
But for that to happen you must have good grades i.e high percentage in your diploma studies.
Not all colleges offer seats to diploma students especially the ones that are very well reputed like IIT etc.
Whereas most of the colleges do offer seats for diploma direct 2nd year students but the number of seats are very less as compared to the people opting for it.
Thus high marks are very important.
29th June 2016, 11:19 PM
shreenivas A
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh pilli View Post
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have completed my Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering. I like to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech directly now. Is is possible for me to do the B.Tech in 2nd directly?
With Regards-
Suresh
No first you should complete Be after Be you will get admission directly to 2nd year in b.tech
29th June 2016, 11:21 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

Yes it is possible to join b.tech 2nd year after completing diploma with electrical and electronics.

First you need to complete the diploma course then you can write the ECET entrance exam. In this exam you can qualify then you can join the b.tech second year directly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?