23rd June 2018, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in IAS exam for distance BSc(IT) graduate who didn't studied Maths in 12th Commerce?

Hello, I have completed my 10th and 12th without Maths. I have done 12th with Commerce then BSc in IT from distance education. I want to appear in IAS exam. So, I would like to know that am I eligible to appear in IAS exam?

25th June 2018, 11:32 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IAS exam for distance BSc(IT) graduate who didn't studied Maths in 12th Commerce?

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer you are required to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in Civil Services examination is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Marks and stream of academics at any academic level is not considered to decide the eligibility of a candidate for appearing in the Civil services examination.

Further, I would like to mention one thing here that having completed your bachelor degree course in distance mode you are eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination only if your university is approved by DEC and UGC for distance education.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
25th June 2018, 01:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IAS exam for distance BSc(IT) graduate who didn't studied Maths in 12th Commerce?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

It is conducted for recruitment of an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in age limit for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination but have to qualify in all stages ( Preliminary, Mains, and Interview ) of examination for final selection.
25th June 2018, 05:07 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed your graduation from distance education then you are eligible to appear in civil services examination. Mathematics is not compulsory to appear in civil services examination where in any graduate candidate is eligible to appear in civil services examination according to his subjects combination.
25th June 2018, 07:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S is Indian Administrative Service and to become an Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination but have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th June 2018, 07:46 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for Civil Service Examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, if you have passed degree from a recognised university then you are eligible to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in three stages.

If you will qualify in all three stages of examination you will become eligible for selection as an Indian Administrative Service Officer.
26th June 2018, 10:27 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear in IAS exam are given below.

=> Candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university.

=> The Candidates must have a citizen of India.

=> The minimum age of candidate should be 21 years.

As per your educational qualification, you are eligible to appear in IAS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?