22nd April 2016, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to clear IAS without having Maths in 12th standard?

Respected sir, I want to know that is it possible to clear IAS without having maths in 12th std. now I really want to do IAS and I am a commerce student. I am not intelligent in 12th std .I just give my 12th exams.from now I want to start IAS preparation. so is it possible.

22nd April 2016, 07:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to clear IAS without having Maths in 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir, I want to know that is it possible to clear IAS without having maths in 12th std. now I really want to do IAS and I am a commerce student. I am not intelligent in 12th std .I just give my 12th exams.from now I want to start IAS preparation. so is it possible.
Yes, you can clear IAS exam without having mathematics in 12th standard.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
22nd April 2016, 09:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can prepare yourself for IAS preparation after passing 12th without maths because the minimum qualifications required to qualify the civil services exam is graduation in any discipline from recognised universitiy with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories. Your age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories.
22nd April 2016, 11:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To become IAS officer you have to appear in the Civil Services Exam that is conducted by UPSC every year. Candidate must have completed graduation form a recognised universities to appear in the exam.
Yes definitely you are eligible to appear in this exam if you have not completed your 12th with maths.
22nd April 2016, 11:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer the highest post in the administrative field one needs to clear Civil Services examination.

-- > Civil Services examinations are held once every year by Union Public Service Commission. Also the examination comprises of three stages which includes Written examination, Mains and Personal interview respectively.

--> Also for appearing in the same examination for being an IAS officer you must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

As it is clear from eligibility criteria that there is no requirement of Mathematics or any particular subject for appearing in the same examination but being a 12th passed candidate you will have to complete your graduation degree first for appearing in the same examination.

For more details about the same examination, you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upscexam.com or www.upsc.gov.in.
21st October 2020, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

To be came an ias officer is there any restrictions in terms of physical body (feet /height /weight etc.. )
8th August 2021, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I want to ask that I was not having maths in class 11 and 12 . but I want to.become ias *So How To Prepare For.Upsc especially maths
2nd June 2022, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

I am not having maths in 11th class and I want to clear UPSC exam. is it possible to crack tha exam without maths In 11th and 12th standard?
24th December 2022, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir, does we need to study maths for upsc is it important
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?