19th April 2018, 07:47 AM
Atchibabu

Eligibility to apply in NDA entrance exam for 10th candidate?

Respected Sir, I want to appear in NDA entrance exam. Can I know about the eligibility criteria for applying in this entrance exam so that I will apply? I have given my 10th Board exam and waiting for my result. Please help me to know about this.

26th April 2018, 09:08 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in NDA entrance exam for 10th candidate?

No you are not eligible to apply for NDA entrance examination after completion of your 10th standard. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a Government recognised board. You should be an unmarried male candidate in the age range of 16.5 to 19 5 years to be eligible to apply for NDA examination.
26th April 2018, 12:03 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence service.

The required minimum qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. So, you are not eligible to appear for examination.

For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th April 2018, 03:02 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy and it is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence service. The eligibility to appear for examination is that :

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear.

The examination is conducted in two stages Written and SSB. So, you will be not eligible to appear for examination now.

For more detail about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th April 2018, 05:30 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not apply for NDA after 10th standard as the minimum educational qualification criteria for NDA is 12th standard.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried male candidate only having either appear for the final 12th standard exam or pass in any stream from a recognized board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Health.

Hence as you are interested for NDA, you should have completed 12th first in order to be eligible for NDA.

For more information you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th April 2018, 09:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA examination is conducted twice every year by UPSC. Candidates who have acquired minimum qualification of 12th or appearing for board exams can apply for examination.

The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years. At present, you can not apply for exam. You should do 12th to become eligible for NDA exam. You must select PCM subjects in 12th if you want to join Navy or Air Force.
26th April 2018, 11:31 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Examination conducting body: Union Public Service Commission.

Academic qualification: Minimum academic qualification of 10+2.

Physics and Mathematics are necessary for Indian Air Force and Navy.

Age limit: 16.5-19.5 years.

You can not apply for exam after secondary board examination.
27th April 2018, 09:59 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and NDA entrance examinations are held by UPSC twice in a year by UPSC.

* The basic qualifications required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

ii) Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th in any stream from a recognized board of education. In order to join Indian Navy and Indian Air force, you need to pursued Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level.

iv) You must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a Class 10th board examination appearing student you need to wait at least till your Class 12th for appearing in NDA entrance examination.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?