1st September 2011, 01:11 PM
Ahuja Nikita

Eligibility criteria to become an Income Tax Officer being a candidate of doing CA?

i m presently doing C.A. i wish to become an income tax officer. kindly guide me $ let me know the eligibility for it

1st September 2011, 04:27 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to become an Income Tax Officer being a candidate of doing CA?

dear friend ,

income tax officer is the post which is offered by the government after getting secured in the exam of IRS that is Indian revenue services this exam is conducted by the upsc.
the graduated student who have completed graduation from any recognized indian university and belongs to the age of 21 to 30 can attempt this exam.

to know more about this exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
13th October 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to become an Income Tax Officer being a candidate of doing CA?

Is there any possibility for a chartered accountant who want to work with income tax department at any relevent post ?
25th December 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

b.com final year can appear the exam
26th December 2011, 12:07 AM
Jenittarajashree

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria to become an Income Tax Officer being a candidate of doing CA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahuja Nikita View Post
i m presently doing C.A. i wish to become an income tax officer. kindly guide me $ let me know the eligibility for it
Eligibility to be an Income Tax Officer

1. Educational Qualification

To be eligible for becoming an Income Tax Officer one should hold a Bachelor's degree of any stream.

2. Age

The candidate must have attained the age of 18 years on 1st July of the year of examination and must not have attained 27 years of age on that date.

The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The upper age limit is also relaxed in favor of certain categories of employees working under the Government of India and Defense Services Personnel.

Process to become an Income Tax Officer

To be an ITO officer one has to follow the below given steps:-

Step 1

As a first step the aspirant has to procure the “Application Form” along with required information from the employment newspaper generally published in the month of April. sent the filled Application form to the regional centers as mentioned.

Note:- The notification for the examination with relevant details regarding rules and syllabus is published in the month of April in the 'Employment News' / 'Rozgar Samachar' , 'Gazette of India', and in some leading Newspapers of the country.

Step 2

Preliminary Examination

In the month of May or June the aspirants have to take the “Preliminary examinations” consisting of two papers. The papers are on:
  • General Intelligence and General Awareness (Part A), 100 questions for 100 marks
  • Arithmetic (Part B), 100 questions for 100 marks

Note:- This exam is just a qualifying exam for the Final exam and scores obtained in this exam are not added to make the final result.

Step 3

Main Examination

Those candidates who are declared qualified in the “Preliminary examination” are supposed to take the final exam.

Final examination will consists of two part .Part A will be of written examination and second Part B will be of Personality Test.
  • General Studies for 200 Marks
  • English for 100 Marks
  • Arithmetic for 200 Marks
  • Language for 100Marks
  • Communication Skill and writing for 200 Marks

Step 4

Personality Test

Once you are through the final stage is the interview. The aspirants are grilled in the interview to test their personality and mental ability. Then the final list of the successful candidates is prepared.
20th January 2012, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
Is there any provision for "c.a." to be a part of revenue department or custom house or any intelligence department ???
29th June 2012, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

i m in final year of b.com am i eligible for income tax officer???when wil the next xm b conducted
30th October 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

what %age is required to pass in preliminary exam & in main examination???? plz snd the ans to <[email protected]>
30th October 2012, 08:01 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Income Tax Officer Exam

Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

Educational Qualification: Those candidates have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible. If you are in final year of your graduation then also you are allowed to apply.

Age: Between 18 years to 27 years. The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Dates of Exam:

Notification: March, 2013
Exam Date: Within July,2013 and September, 2013

The examination Scheme

Written examination
Interview for Personality Test for such candidates as may qualify in the written test.
31st October 2012, 12:20 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

The examination which you will need to crack to become Income Tax Officer is known as combined graduate level examination and is conducted by Staff Selection Commission.

Income Tax Officer Eligibility Criteria:

Educational Qualification:

The minimum academic qualification Required is a bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age limit:

The eligible age to apply for the post of Income Tax Officer is between 18 to 27 years.

Selection Procedure:

Written Examination

Interview For Personality Test

Syllabus:

General Intelligence

General English

Arithmetic Ability

General Awareness

Referred Site:

www.ssc.org

All the best.
31st October 2012, 03:17 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

-You can become income tax officer through SSC CGLE exam.

-You should be graduate in any discipline from a recognised university to apply for this exam.

-The age limit is 18 to 27 years if you are general category.

-Age relaxation is available to SC/ST, OBC , Physically handicapped and Ex servicemen.

-The selection is based on three stages of examination.

-If you pass Tier I then only you will give Tier II . And in the end interview will be there for the post.

-You can apply for this exam through SSC website online.

BEST OF LUCK....
31st October 2012, 09:57 AM
SAM14U

Quote:
HELLO DEAR

candidates have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible
The candidate must have attained the age of 18 years on 1st July of the year of examination and must not have attained 27 years of age on that date.

The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

ALL THE BEST............
31st October 2012, 10:41 AM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Eligibility to be an Income Tax Officer(ITO):-

[B]1. Educational Qualification:-[/B
]
Candidate should hold a Bachelor's degree in any stream eligible for Income Tax Officer .

2. Age:-
Candidate age between 18 years 27 years.

*age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates. *

Exam Pattern:-
1.Preliminary Examination
2.Main Examination
3.Final examination
It will consists of two part .Part A will be of written examination and second Part B will be of Personality Test.
31st October 2012, 10:43 AM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Eligibility to be an Income Tax Officer(ITO):-

[B]1. Educational Qualification:-[/B
]
Candidate should hold a Bachelor's degree in any stream eligible for Income Tax Officer .

2. Age:-
Candidate age between 18 years 27 years.

*age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates. *

Exam Pattern:-
1.Preliminary Examination
2.Main Examination
3.Final examination
It will consists of two part .Part A will be of written examination and second Part B will be of Personality Test.
31st October 2012, 10:49 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..........

If you want to become a Income Tax Officer

First you can appear for CGLE Examination

CGLE stands for Combined Graduate Level Examination

This Examination is conducted by SSC ( Staff Selection Commission ) in yearly once

Eligibility Criteria for CGLE

** Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

** Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years

** Candidates should be a citizen of India

3 Stages are there for this examination

1. Tier - I

2. Tier - II

3. Personal Interview

if you are qualify in Tier-I successfully then you are eligible for Tier-II

after Tier-II stage you are eligible to attend interview..

all the best......
31st October 2012, 12:04 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

As You have stated that you are aspiring to Become an Income Tax Officer Then you should have to apply for SSC Exam.....

SSC Stands for Staff Selection Commission this exam is conducted for Joinig various Government Sector jobs.....

>> A candidate who have completed their Graduation Degree in any Discipline from Recognized Universities are eligible for applying it.....

>> Final year student can also apply for it.

>> Age of candidate should be between 20 to 28 years, Relaxation is available for OBC/SC/ST category as per Government Rule.....

Exam pattern:
  1. Written Exam
  2. Personal Interview

~#~#~~#~#~ Books for Reference #~#~#~#~#~#

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SSC Combined Graduate Level Mains Exam with Solved & Practice Sets (Tier-II)
by
Expert Compilations
Price: Rs. 188

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier-II Exam Practice Work Book
by
Kiran Prakashan
Price: Rs. 165

SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination
by
Sanjeev Joon
Price: Rs. 248

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
31st October 2012, 12:07 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,

ELIGIBILITY;-
***YOU MUST BE GRADUATE FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.

***AGE LIMIT IS 18-27 YEARS.

FOR OBC

18-3 YEARS.

FOR SC/ST

18-32 YEARS.

PROCESS;-
****WRITTEN EXAM

****INTERVIEW FOR PERSONALITY TEST

THANK YOU.......................
4th November 2012, 10:17 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hello friend....

If you want to become a Income tax officer first you need to crack the CGL examination this exam is conducted by the SSC once a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university of india in any stream

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Upper age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india

EXAM PATTERN:

SELECTION PROCESS:

1.Written exam

2.Interview

Written exam is conducted in two stages

1.TIER-I

2.TIER-II

TIER-I EXAM PATTERN:

This exam contains 200 marks

Reasoning

General Awareness

General English

Quantitative Aptitude

Candidate who are qualified in TIER-I exam those are eligible for TIER-II exam.

TIER-II EXAM PATTERN:

It contains two papers

1.Arithmetic paper-200marks

2.English-200 marks
5th November 2012, 07:37 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The job of Income Tax Officer is to collect taxes and take action against evaders. Inicome Tax Officer also keeps an eye on possible money laundering and could start legal action against the culprit.

Income Tax Officer works for IT Department which comes under the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). This office is fully controlled by the Ministry of Finance, India.

Income Tax Officers can conduct raids against possible evaders and see whether they have shown all the wealth in their I-T returns. If not then such people could face a strict action and their property is seized by the Income Tax Officers.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. A graduation degree in any stream is required.

3. Age limit is 18 to 27 years/

4. Age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

5. The age limit for SC/ST is relaxed by 5 years.

If you meet the criteria then appear for the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Income Tax Officer Exam.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Examination

3) Personality Test
5th November 2012, 08:56 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

To join as Income tax officer you need to appear CGPE(Combined Graduate Level Preliminary Exam) this exam is conducted by the SSC(Staff Selection Commission).

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete graduation from any recognised university.

Final year graduation candidates also be eligible but must be with in the age limit.

Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

The age limits are 18years to 27 years,

3years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection steps:-

Written test,

Personal test.

Best of luck.
7th December 2012, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

sir i m a C.A. student and i have completed my b.com fom correspondence , sir can i apply for income tax officer exam..??
11th January 2013, 12:48 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Bachelor degree course is the basic qualification to apply for Income Tax Officer Examination .. So, If your Completed Bachelor degree course than your eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer Entrance Examination ..

Income Tax Officer Examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission . This Examination is held every once in a year.

To appear in this Examination then you have to satisfy the eligibiilty Criteria,

Academic Qualification :-

The Applicant should be should hold a Bachelor's degree of any stream from recongized University .

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Age Criteria :-

>>> The Applicant must have attained the age of 18 and not have attained 27 years .

>>> The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The Selection Procedur for this Examination Written Examination and Interview .

The Information regarding this Examination may published in Employment Newspaper generally published during the Month of April.

The notification for the examination published during the month of April in the 'Employment News / Rozgar Samachar/Gazette of India .

The Preliminary Examination held during the Month of May / June and the this Examination consisting of two papers , General Intelligence / General Awareness /Arithmetic .

Final Examination Pattern :-

=English
=Arithmetic
=Language
=Communication Skill

Physical Standards :-

=Your Height should be 157.5 cms
=Your Chest should be 81 cms (fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cms)

30th October 2013, 11:55 PM
Krishna Maheshwari

i m presently doing C.A. i wish to become an income tax officer. kindly guide me $ let me know the eligibility for it[/QUOTE]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?