18th April 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for NET exam? How much is the percentage required for this graduation?

eligelity for net exam and how much percent required for this in graduation?

25th April 2012, 04:25 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for NET exam? How much is the percentage required for this graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by University Grant Commission, being a graduate is not enough and the percentage of marks scored in the same is also not taken into consideration, To be considered eligible for the test, you have got to complete masters degree program and score a minimum of 55% marks in the same. The required percentage of marks is however, relaxed upto 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
Qualifying National Eligibility Test is mandatory to apply for the post of lecturer in recognized universities and colleges anywhere in India. The test is also conducted on state level and is known as State Lectureship Eligibility Test (SLET). In order to take the test in a particular subject, you must pursue your masters degree program in the same.
For more information regarding the test, refer to www.ugcnetonline.in
25th April 2012, 07:55 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for NET exam? How much is the percentage required for this graduation?

You cannot apply for NET exam with a graduation degree. Post graduation from a recognized institute is necessary to apply for NET exam conducted by UGC. You should secure 55% marks in Post graduation level to attend this exam. You can apply via online for NET exam. If you qualify and obtain a good score in this exam, you can apply for lecturer positions in government colleges or Universities.
7th May 2012, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

what is the age criteria for Net examination
2nd September 2012, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my post graduation through distance mode.Am I eligible for NET?
14th November 2012, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

what percentage for net exam for graduate student
22nd December 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my post graduation with 53% marks my cast is obc am i eligibal for net exam
22nd December 2012, 09:58 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC two times a year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

There is no requirement of Graduation marks for application to NET as the minimum academic qualification for it is Post Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST candidate). There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but the candidate applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
23rd December 2012, 06:13 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I have completed my post graduation through distance mode.Am I eligible for NET?
YES, you are Eligible to give the UGC-NET exams

ELIGIBILTY FOR THE UGC-NET exams:
>> Post Graduation pass with minimum 55% marks for the General and OBC candidates
minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.

>> There are 94 subjects in which NET exams can be given.

Net exams are held in June and December
29th January 2013, 03:00 PM
pinewood
Senior Member+

hi,,,

Eligibility criteria for NET exam

1.YES, you are Eligible to give the UGC-NET exams
2.ELIGIBILTY FOR THE UGC-NET exams:
3.Post Graduation pass with minimum 55% marks for the General and OBC candidates
4.minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates
5.There are 94 subjects in which NET exams can be given
6.Net exams are held in June and December

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10th April 2013, 12:00 PM
nktpth

Question Re: Eligibility criteria for NET exam? How much is the percentage required for this graduation?

i have scored 50%marks in graduation, am i eligiblefor ugc net exam?
10th April 2013, 12:02 PM
nktpth

Question Re: Eligibility criteria for NET exam? How much is the percentage required for this graduation?

i have scored 50%marks in graduation, am i eligible ugc net exam?
2nd May 2013, 12:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

NET stands for National Eligibility Test .

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam but their is also some marks criteria.

There is not require graduation percentage marks in NET exam , only post graduate marks is required .

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Age criteria=>

JRF = Maximum 28 years old.
Lectureship/PHD = No age criteria

Now NET papers are fully objective type with no negative marking .But there is sectional and overall cut off so please prepare all 3 papers equally .

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
26th July 2013, 04:10 PM

My garaduation level i could not acquire honours mark but in msc i have got58% . So may i appear in net or slate exam in 2013. pls ans me.
30th July 2013, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Is masters degree from distance education valid for appearing the net examination. I am pursuing master of business laws from nlsiu bangalore. It is a distance course
31st July 2013, 08:28 PM
maruthidevi

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC two times a year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

There is no requirement of Graduation marks for application to NET as the minimum academic qualification for it is Post Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST candidate). There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but the candidate applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.
1st August 2013, 12:38 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

CSIR UGC NET also know as National Eligiblity Test is conducted by UGC Twice in a year.The examination is generally done in the month of June and December every year.

ELIGIBLITY

Those students who have got master’s Degree with 55% from universities recognised by UGC you can apply for the examination

Final year students are also take the exam.

Age limit ::

For Junior Research Fellowship - You should be not more than 28 years. A relaxation upto 5
years is provided to SC, ST and for OBC candidates.

For Lectureship - There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship.

Pattern of the examination :

This time the examination is of objective types .The Test will consist of three papers of only objective type questions .

The three papers will be conducted in two session.

Paper I :Will contain the following questions :

Reasoning ability

Comprehension

Divergent thinking

General awareness.

All the best............
1st August 2013, 10:34 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

This examination is conducted By University Grant Commission twice in a Year .The NET examination is held in the month of June And December Every year.

If You have completed your master's degree course with 55%aggregate,

then you are eligibile to apply for NET Examination . Final year candidates are also eligible for NET Examination.

No minimum age eligibility criteria to apply for Lectureship and for JRF,

Your age Should not be more than 28 Years.

All the best...............

1st August 2013, 01:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

For National Eligibility Test you should be post graduate and only the marks in post graduation are considered. Your graduation degree is irrelevant when applying for the National Eligibility Test.

The first thing I will recommend is to complete post graduation if you haven't already. You will even get to apply for the National Eligibility Test during the final year of post graduation.

The procedure for which I have mentioned little below. The National Eligibility Test is for lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. Due to which it is necessary that the candidate is post graduate to apply for it.

It is a national level exam which is conducted by University Grants Commission. Please do confirm that your college is recognized by the University Grants Commission before applying for the National Eligibility Test. If it isn't then I am afraid that you may not be able to apply for the National Eligibility Test.

If you are eligible then you can either apply for it in June or December. These are the only months in which National Eligibility Test is conducted. Now please check the criteria which I have mentioned below for more details.

NET Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen for NET exam.

2. Must be able to complete Master degree before applying.

3. You can also apply during the final year of Master degree.

4. In that scenario you will be asked to submit degree in 2 years or face disqualification.

5. You must be able to complete post graduation with 55 percent marks.

6. SC/ST will need to score 50 percent marks in post graduation.

7. The subject for NET exam will be determined by your post graduation course.

8. There is no limit to appear for this exam.

9. Age limit is 19 to 28 years for JRF.

10. The age limit is relaxed to 31 years for OBC.

11. Further relaxation makes upper age limit 33 years for SC/ST.

12. There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
1st August 2013, 01:53 PM
Jaynitkumar

Location: At-Lalmohan Nagar,P/o-Pahunsara,Block-Raniganj,Disttrict-Araria (Bihar) 854312

CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY :

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with disability (PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.

You cannot apply for NET exam with a graduation degree..
for more information kindly go to www.ugcnetonline.in
1st August 2013, 03:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The acronym NET means National Eligibility Test .University Grants Commission is responsible for conducting this TEST for the selection of candidates for Lectureship and Junior Research fellowship at national level.

This exam is held in the month of June and December of every year.

The eligibility criteria for the NET exam is discussed as below:

1.Educational qualification:

>>You must be a master's degree holder in any discipline from a recognized university .If you are in final year of post graduation then also you can appear for the exam.

So with bachelor's degree as academic qualification you cannot appear for the exam.

>>Minimum of 55% of marks is required in post graduation for every candidate except sc/st for them 5% relaxation in marks.

2.Age limitations:

The minimum age limit is 21 years and the upper age limit is 28 years for the JRF.However there is no upper age limit for the Lectureship.

3.You must be an Indian citizen.

The important dates for the December NET exams are about to come .But first of all you need to do your master's degree then only you can give this exam.Till then prepare with good heart and labour .

For any more details regarding this exam please visit www.ugcnetonline.in

Hope the information helps you .If you have any other query you can leave your message here.

All the best

aashisranjan784
1st August 2013, 10:57 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Full Form Of NET is National eligibility Test. This Test is conducted every year twice by the University Grants Commission [UGC].

The National eligibility Test is conducted for the selection of candidates for the below mentioned posts :

* Lecture Ship

* Junior Research Fellowship

The University Grants Commission has set some eligibility criteria for this exam in order to ensure that only those candidates can apply for the same who completely fulfill the required eligibility criteria.

The Required Eligibility Criteria For NET Exam are :

# Educational Qualifications :

>> The candidate must have completed post graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

>> Candidates in the final year of post graduation can also apply.

>> The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

>> SC/ST Candidates get a relaation of 5% marks.

# Age Limit :

>> For JRF - 21-28 Yrs

>> Relaxation of 3 years in upper age is given to OBC Candidates whereas a relaxation of 5 years in upper age is given to SC/ST Candidates.

>> For Lectureship : There is no age limit.

# Nationality :

>> The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

So , from the above mentioned , you can see that there is no value of percentage of marks that you have secured in graduation.

As , the percentage of marks secured by candidate in Post Graduation is main and it must be a minimum of 55%.

So , if you have not completed post graduation then you hsould complete post graduation first with a minimum of 55% marks in order to apply for the National Eligibility Test.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?