23rd June 2018, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate with 5 years of IT experience?

Hi, I am a female candidate and BE graduate with IT stream. I have a 5 years of worked experience in IT sector. I want to join Indian Air Force now. I would like to know that am I eligible to join Indian Air Force or not? Please let me know immediately.

26th June 2018, 08:56 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate with 5 years of IT experience?

Sorry, to save that being a female candidate, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force. To join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in NDA or CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC. As per the UPSC NDA/ CDS examination notification, only unmarried male candidates who are in the age range of 19 to 24 years are eligible to apply for CDS examination for joining in Indian Air Force. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to appear in CDS examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
26th June 2018, 07:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate with 5 years of IT experience?

The best opportunity to join Indian Air Force as an officer is through AFCAT ( Air Force Common Admission Test ) entry.

The examination is conducted by Indian Air Force. The required eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and age limit is 19-26 years.

Only unmarried candidates are eligible to appear in examination.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in written entrance test and Service Selection Board for final selection.

For more information visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
28th June 2018, 08:22 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

If your age is below 26 years then you can apply for Air Force Common Admission Test.

AFCAT is conducted twice every year by IAF for selection to different branch of Indian Air Force like Technical, Ground duty or Flying branch.

Unmarried male and female graduates are eligible to apply for this exam. Candidates who clear written test and SSB are eligible for final selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?