23rd December 2017, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Air Force as a girl after completion of 11th standard with PCM?

Sir/Mam, I wanted to join Air Force as a wing commander I am a girl I am in class 11th PCM what should I do in future to join Indian air force? Can you please give me the suggestions which I can follow to achieve my goal? Awaiting for the response.

24th December 2017, 07:46 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Air Force as a girl after completion of 11th standard with PCM?

No, girls candidate are not eligible to appear in examination for recruitment in Indian Air Force.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in AFCAT examination. The requited qualification is bachelor degree but candidate must have passed 12th with Physics and Mathematics as main paper.

The examination is conducted in two stages. It is necessary to qualify in each stage for final selection.
24th December 2017, 09:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Air Force as a girl after completion of 11th standard with PCM?

1. At senior secondary level, there is one entrance exam called National Defence Academy for joining Indian Air Force. But female candidates can not apply for this examination.

2. Female candidates who want to join Indian Air Force can apply for Air Force Common Admission Test and Combined Defence Services. The academic qualification required for both of these exams is bachelor's degree.

3. You can pursue Bachelor's degree in science or Engineering to apply for these exams.
24th December 2017, 09:48 PM
rachamallamanoj

Sorry to tell you cannot join air force after completing 11th PCM course. Being a girl you can join Indian air force only after completing B.Sc or B.Tech. After 12th NDA exam is conducted for giving admission in airforce but girls are not eligible for this exam.

After completing B.Sc or B.Tech otherwise being in the final year you can apply for CDSE exam. CDSE stands for combined defence services exam.

1. To appear for CDSE candidates must complete B.Sc or B.Tech for airforce
2. The age limit is 19 - 23 years and there is age relaxations given
24th December 2017, 10:37 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

As you are in 11th PCM, so you should continue your studies with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

While studying 12th with PCM, you should apply for engineering entrance exam like JEE Main, MHCET, etc.

After qualifying this exam, you can get admission to engineering college to pursue B.Tech or B.E.

Apart from engineering course, you can also pursue other courses like B.Sc. or BCA.

While pursuing final year of graduation, you will have to apply for AFCAT exam.

This will lead you to get entry in Indian Air Force at your desired post.
25th December 2017, 06:57 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

National Defence Academy entrance examination is conducted by UPSC for selection of candidates into different wings of Defence.

Academic qualification: Senior Secondary board passed from a recognized board.

PCM candidates are eligible for Indian Air Force but girls are not eligible for NDA examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?