31st May 2018, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(English) for a candidate with 47.5% in MA(English)?

Hello friends, I have got 47.5% marks in MA(English). I have done my Post Graduation from Himachal Pradesh University. Now, I want to do PhD in English. Kindly let me know about the eligibility criteria for studying this PhD.

9th June 2018, 09:53 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(English) for a candidate with 47.5% in MA(English)?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue PhD in English:

The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue PhD in English course is given below,

<> In general, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is Master's Degree from a recognized university. And for few subjects, M.Phil is mandatory.

<> You should have completed M.Phil course from a recognized university.

<> In some cases, candidates must have qualified All India Level National Eligibility Test (NET) for lectureship and this NET Examination is conducted by University Grants Commission.

<> Some of the colleges conduct their own entrance examination and conduct interview. Hence, the basic educational required varies from college to college in general.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?