26th February 2018, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam I need to write to become Aircraft Pilot after BE (ECE)?

I want to become an Aircraft Pilot after completion of my Engineering course in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Please tell me which exam I have to write to become a Pilot and after this which course I have to study for?

28th February 2018, 09:03 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam I need to write to become Aircraft Pilot after BE (ECE)?

After graduation, you can apply for either Commercial Pilot or Indian Air Force to be become Pilot.

For becoming Indian Air Force pilot, you will have to apply AFCAT or CDS exam.

While for acquiring Commercial Pilot License, you will have to approach Commercial Pilot training institutes.

They conduct three tests of every candidate for recruitment into their institute.
  • Written Exam (contains General Knowledge, Maths, English)
  • Interview
  • Mental Balance, Situation Handling, Medical Test
You must have a good eyesight of 6/6, familiarity with aeronautical machines, fluency in English to become Pilot.

After entrance exam, merit list will be generated on the basis of which candidates are offered admission.

Some of the popular Commercial Pilot training institutes are listed below.
  • Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy, Secunderabad
  • Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics, Ahmedabad
  • Government Flying Training School, Bangalore
  • Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Bareilly
  • West Bengal Flying Training Institute, Kolkata
  • Government Aviation Training Institute, Bhubaneswar
  • Coimbatore Flying Club, Coimbatore
  • Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai
  • Co-operative Flying Club Ltd, Jamshedpur
  • All India Institute of Aeronautics, (AIIA), Dehradun
28th February 2018, 10:03 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam I need to write to become Aircraft Pilot after BE (ECE)?

The best option to join the Air Force as Pilot is through AFCAT or CDS examination.

AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force , while CDS examination is conducted by UPSC.

You are eligible to appear for both the examination.

Candidates have to qualify in written, SSB and PABT for final recruitment.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.careerairforce.nic.in.
28th February 2018, 11:02 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after the bachelor degree in engineering you are eligible to appear for entrance examination for recruitment as Pilot in Air Force.

For final recruitment, you have to qualify in all the stages of entrance examination.

AFCAT.
CDS.

Both the examination is conducted for recruitment in Air Force. It is mandatory to qualify in written, SSB ( interview and medical ) for selection.

PABT is a special test for selection as Pilot in Air Force.

To get detail for the examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
28th February 2018, 04:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The full form of AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test. AFCAT is conducted twice every year by Indian Air Force for recruitment to different wings of Air Force:

>>Flying Branch.

>>Ground Duty Branch.

>>Technical Branch.

The age limit for Flying branch is 20-24 years. You will have to crack written test and Air Force Service Selection Board to join this branch. Bachelor of engineering candidates can apply for this exam.
28th February 2018, 04:52 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The name of entrance examination is Air Force Common Admission Test.

The different branches of Indian Air Force are;

Technical Branch.

Ground Duty Branch.

Flying Branch.

The qualification required for IAF Pilot branch is bachelor's degree in science or bachelor of technology.

Age limit is 20-24 years.

The stages of exam:

Written test.

Service Selection Board.
28th February 2018, 05:22 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become pilot in defence service ( Air Force ) you have to appear and qualify for CDS or AFCAT examination.

You have to qualify in all stages of entrance examination for final selection.

Yes, you have sufficient qualification to appear for examination.

But, if you want to join any commercial airlines, you have to go through various pilot training course conducted by the private institute.

Candidates after the proper duration of training will become eligible for recruitment as pilot in private airlines.
28th February 2018, 06:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You need to write Air Force Common Admission Test to become Pilot in Indian Air Force after Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering.

*The educational qualification required is bachelor's degree in science or engineering.

*The age limit is 20-24 years.

There are two stages of this exam, Written Test and Service Selection Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?