7th March 2012, 06:38 PM
ajay vangala

Which Exam should I crack for better Job Opportunities between GATE and CAT Exams?

about job opportunities
could yo suggest me which is the best exam GATE or CAT .?
iam above average in academics .
thank you (sir's).

7th March 2012, 07:04 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Exam should I crack for better Job Opportunities between GATE and CAT Exams?

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification. I suggest you to appear for the respective Entrance Exam in accordance with your highest level of academic qualification.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. CAT stands for Common Aptitude Test.

By cracking GATE Exam, a candidate will be given admission for M.Tech course and by cracking CAT Exam, a candidate will be given admission for MBA course in top B-Schools and IIMs.

To be eligible for CAT Exam, one should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category.

In order to be eligible for GATE Exam, one should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are also eligible to appear for this Exam.

Choose the course which you want to join and crack the respective Entrance Exam.

Both the courses of M.Tech and MBA are having its own career scope and job opportunities for the candidates.

Only thing is that the candidates have to make most out of the course in terms of subject knowledge and communication skills which will be very vital for the candidates to get a good job.

Try to get admission for any of these courses in reputed colleges so that you will have the benefit of campus placements.

Wish you all the best.
7th March 2012, 09:04 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Exam should I crack for better Job Opportunities between GATE and CAT Exams?

Hi Dear

Here i ask for 2 exam what you ask here for your career.

CAT and GATE both are two different fields exam section.

Because CAT Exam is for MBA study,
After clear CAT exam then you go for Study in some MBA colleges after that you placed own as executive post.

GATE exam is for degree engineering candidates after complete B.Tech then you can go for this study.
because after M.Tech you can make place as a good salary for your future reference.

So decission is yours.....

Good Luck.............
8th March 2012, 01:00 AM
er.skp.me

Thumbs up Re: Which Exam should I crack for better Job Opportunities between GATE and CAT Exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay vangala View Post
about job opportunities
could yo suggest me which is the best exam GATE or CAT .?
iam above average in academics .
thank you (sir's).
Dear friend
the minimum eligibility for these two exam is
50% in bachelors degree

CAT common aptitude test is the entrance exam through which a candidate gets admission in college for pursuing MBA

GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the entrance exam through which a candidate gets admission in college for pursuing ME/M.Tech

The eligibility for CAT
1. Bachelor's degree (in any stream, B.A./B.Com/BBA/BCA/BE) from recognized university
2. Minimum 50% marks in bachelor's degree

The eligibility for GATE
1. Bachelor's degree (in engineering only) from recognized university
2. Minimum 50% marks in bachelor's degree

Best of luck
11th April 2012, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Iam studying 2nd year B tech Geo Informatics in Andhra university college , vishakapatnam....My branch is very rare in India present only in Anna university chennai and my college itself in India.....I want to do masters in my branch..can any one suggest me whether GRE will help me out or GATE in Geology n Geophysics stream? A part from these iam also intersted to appear in CAT .....What is the future prospects of my rare branch GEO INFORMATICS in India and abroad....
2nd June 2012, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Hi.
I have completed B.E in mechanical engineering, currently working in a reputed compay from last one and half year. Now i am thinking to do higher education. I am very much confused in choosing next career level, whether to go for technical or management ( For management i have to take CAT entrance exam and for technical GATE). Please suggest me which exam i have to take.
If GATE then which subject has to take in Mtech in mechanical engineering ( whether to take Thermodynamics or design engineering )
31st July 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i have planned to do higher studies whether to go for CAT or GATE .. better job opportunities
2nd January 2013, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Im studying b.tech 2nd year and I am quite confused wat to do next as I'm an average student I need to plan it now so plz help me......I'm asking abt taking the coaching 4 gate exam or cat exam and when is the right Time for takings coaching of those exam....thanq sir's
24th June 2014, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I have planned to do higher studies whether to go for CAT or GATE .. better job opportunities?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?