1st July 2010, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Flying wing of Indian Airforce: Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern?

i am a engineer.n i want to join the flying wing of indian airforce.
can u please tell me about the required criteria and the exam pattern.
and the subjects in the examination..

2nd July 2010, 02:45 AM
gaurav goel

Default Re: Flying wing of Indian Airforce: Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern?

after graduation you can join air force.
n exam is based on aptitude
2nd July 2010, 03:02 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Flying wing of Indian Airforce: Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern?

Hello friend,
The minimum eligibility to join the Flying wing of Indian Airforce is a B.E. degree from a recognised university.
The candidate miust have attained the age of 19 years and must not be over 23 years.
To join the flying branch, the candidate needs to write the CDS examination which is conducted generally in the months of May and October by UPSC every year.
The duration of the examination is 2 hours.
The subjects for the written examination are English, General Knowledge and elementary Maths.
The CDS exam is followed by PABT (Pilot Aptitute Battery Test), which includes written test and Machine test .
After Successful performance in CDS exam and PABT, the candidate will require to undergo psychological test, Interview and Medical test conducted by the Air Force Selection Board.
2nd July 2010, 03:00 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
you have to sit in IAF exam for that, you just visit to these sites for further informations:
www.upscexam.com/...examinations/indian_defence_services_air_force/.
www.careerinairforce.nic.in
10th July 2010, 02:01 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend there are three processes to get into Air Force.

First is NDA exam which is written exam and you have to clear the exam first for getting call for SSb and there you can select any of post either army of air force.

Second is CDS it is also written exam but easy as compare to NDA and it also has same process as NDA.

Third is the form which come for graduates or for degree holders fill that form and then you will get call for GD and PI.These form you may akso see in newspaper.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!
29th July 2010, 02:18 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Mainly there are two branches of INDIAN AIR FORCE for which the student can apply for after his Btech .

The first one is Aeronautical Engineering Electronics branch and the other one is the Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical branch.

Eligibility criteria for joining the Indian Air Force:
You have completed your undergraduation in Electronics,Tele-communication, Electrical, Electrical Communication, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation, Computer Science & Engineering..

And your age is between 18 to 28 years.

All the best.
29th July 2010, 10:06 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hiu friend the eligibility for indian air force is B.E.degree and then you have to write a entrance exam.....if you wana know more about age limit ,qualification eligibility checkout this website.........
http://afterbtech.com/join-indian-ai...nment-job.html
regards
azhar
19th August 2010, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

CAN MECHANICAL ENGINEER APPLY FOR INDIAN AIR FORCE ?
22nd August 2010, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

I am doing electrical engineering and i want to join AIR FORCE ? how should i prepare myself ?
25th September 2010, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

i am appearing in diploma in engineering can i apply for air force
28th September 2010, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

what is the PABT test........?
30th September 2010, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

i am doing eloectronics engineering and want join AIR FORCE? hyow should i prepare myself ?
30th September 2010, 04:05 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can join in air force Flying wing.

you can get chance in air force in two ways

1.through UES. which exam you can appear in the final year of your btech.

2.through UPSC exam. this exam you can appear after your graduation course.

and minimum 60% marks in btech is required.

all the best.........
9th October 2010, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

. Hi, I am fascinated to have a career with IAF as a flying pilot.What are the criteria required for qualifying in Medical Examination. I wear glasses and have an eye sight of 0.5. Can I go for laser surgery..? Madhu
14th October 2010, 11:21 PM
mseetharamster

1.clear Combined Defence Services Examination (written test conducted by UPSC),
19 to 23 years*
marital status should be single
men only

2.apply for Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission
19 to 23 years*
Marital Status-Single
both men and women.
15th October 2010, 12:53 AM
vik111

Dear friend,

you have to sit in IAF exam for that, you just visit to these sites for further informations:
www.upscexam.com/...examinations/indian_defence_services_air_force/.
www.careerinairforce.nic.in

all the best
15th October 2010, 01:29 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Flying wing of Indian Airforce: Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern?

Quote:
dear friend,

it is advisible that please refer www.careerinairforce.nic.in this website for your total requirements.you will get full answer.

good luck.
15th October 2010, 11:23 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
. Hi, I am fascinated to have a career with IAF as a flying pilot.What are the criteria required for qualifying in Medical Examination. I wear glasses and have an eye sight of 0.5. Can I go for laser surgery..? Madhu
I think since your eyesight is not perfect you cannot join. For joining indian airforce you need to be physically fir and you have to qualify in medical exam.
for further details you can look into
  • (officer) Dish , publicity cell, air headquaters, motilal nehru marg, new Delhi
  • (airman) officer incharge, publicity wing, central airman selection board, BArara square, New Delhi 110010
  • www.indianairforce.nic.in
15th October 2010, 12:12 PM
aotiwari

Default Eligibility Criteria

The following are the three modes of entry for engineers to join the Flying branch

1) Combined Defence Services Examination (written test conducted by UPSC)
Educational Qualifications

Graduate ( Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) / BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) .
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog.
No Percentage Bar for CDSE entry.

2) National Cadet Corps Special Entry ( Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC )

Graduate ( Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semister.
NCC Air Wing Senior Division 'C' certificate.

3) Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission (For Men & women)
with Term of Engagement of 14 Years with no further extension

Graduate ( Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semister.
Upper age limit for Candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (india ) is relaxed upto 25 yeras*.
15th October 2010, 12:15 PM
aotiwari

Default When to Apply?

1)CDS
Advertisement Schedule:April and September Every Year

2)NDA
Advertisement Schedule:April and October Every Year

3)SSC
Advertisement Schedule:March and September Every Year

For more details check the website:
http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/career_opp/eng_fly_branch.html
15th October 2010, 12:23 PM
aotiwari

Default Exam Pattern and Syllabus?

The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level.

The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.

Please see the following syllabus for CDS exam which is one of the way of getting into IAF
http://www.upscexam.com/upsc_examinations/combined_defence_services_cds/UPSC-CDS-Exam-I-Syllabus.html
18th October 2010, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

iam a mechanical engineer so can iget job in air force
18th October 2010, 11:29 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
For flying branch u can enter the Indian Air force through NDA or SSC
NDA is done after 10+2 with an eligibility criteria of 60% in PCM
SSC is done after graduation with any graduaton course from any certified university and PCM is must in +2 with 60%.
Thank you
20th October 2010, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

IWANT TO KNOW i have glasses of 6,can i have any laser option as i want yo join army/airforce by UES entry.please suggest ...
28th October 2010, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Flying wing of Indian Airforce: Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern?

i will pass my engineering in 2011.When can i apply for the flying wing force.i m also interested in knwng about d eligibility,criteria n d date of submitting the application form for d same!reply as soon as possible
1st December 2010, 12:36 AM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

you can take-CDS UES SSC, after completing your graduation.eligibility-you should fall in the age 19-23yr.category.graduation,for more information visit-www.carrierairforce.nic
12th January 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

HELLO FRIEND CAN I JOIN IAF(FLYING BRANCH WITH 62% MARKS IN PCM
16th January 2011, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

what qualification is required to sit the examination after 2
18th January 2011, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

i have -2.5 glasses on both the eyes!!1 can i join indian airforce flying wing? is laser or any other surgery accepted?
5th February 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

i hav glassses of -2 on both eyes..i want to join as ground level officer. am i eligible?
11th February 2011, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

sir, i want to know about ssc and how can i apply for it?
12th February 2011, 09:28 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Flying wing of Indian Airforce: Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern?

Quote:
i am appearing in diploma in engineering can i apply for air force
yeah for diploma holder there are opportunity available in air-force for IAF Air Man.
In AIR man in technical field for that you have to clear initial screening and after clearing this they will assign you in different fields under category 'X','Y','Z'.

AND your work involves the maintenance and testing of aircraft and flying related equipment.
12th February 2011, 02:41 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

Every year Indian Air force selects various candidates of engineering in the Flying Branch. You are trained as a fighter pilot or helicopter pilot in the flying branch of Indian Air force.

Candidates doing engineering can join Indian Air force in flying branch through the Air Force Academy.
A candidate can apply for the flying branch in the following three modes:

1.Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
A candidate can apply for the flying branch in Indian Air force through the CDSE exam. The eligibility criteria required for CDSE exam is given below:

Education Qualification
1.Candidate applying for the flying branch should be a graduate first.
2.The candidates having degree of engineering are also eligible to apply for the CDSE exam.

AGE LIMIT
Candidates applying for the flying branch should have age between 19 to 23 years.

Advertisement Schedule:
The Advertisement for the CDSE exam is generally published during the month of April and September Every Year

2.Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission (For Men & women)
You can also apply for the flying branch through short service commission. The duration of service is 14 years when the candidate is applying through short service commission.

Education Qualification
1.Candidates who are graduates and have Physics and Maths up to 10+2 level are eligible to apply for this.
2.Candidates having degree of engineering or appeared in the final year exams of engineering are eligible to apply for this.

AGE LMIT
Candidates applying for this should have age between 19 to 23 years
If the candidate has CPL licence then 19 to 25 Years.

Advertisement Schedule:
The Advertisement for the above post is generally published during the month of March and September Every Year.

So you can join Indian Air force in the flying branch through the above mode of entry.

For more information log on to the carrier web site of Indian Air force.
http://careerairforce.nic.in

GOOD LUCK
1st April 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

i m pursiung MCA right now
Im A BCA and have commerce in 10 2 and want to join flying branch
can you please give me a right suggesion ...
16th September 2011, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

is physics and maths necessary at graduation my B.Sc group is physics statistics and computer science can i join the indian air force as a fighter pilot?
11th October 2011, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

LIFESTYLE OF INDIAN AIRFORCE
29th December 2011, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

My dob-02/10/1989
am i eligible to become wing man in Indian defense..
please help me
8th June 2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

still i am studying in b-tech and it's my final year and i would like to go for the air force where i can make my carrier but the problem with which i am suffering us that i have branch of chemical engineering will it be suitable for that ?
raghbendra kumar
chennai
3rd July 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B-Tech IT......can i join IAF?????
8th July 2012, 02:14 PM
Ashish sahrawat

I have done my diploma in branch of electronic and communication engineering. How can i do for join in IAF...?
please suggest me for my carrier..
Ashish sahrawat
30th December 2012, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

I completed B.B.A from smu(sikkim manipal university),can i join air force?
30th December 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

I completed B.B.A from smu(sikkim manipal university) can i join indin air force.
31st December 2012, 03:18 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
As you have completed your Engineering thus you will be Eligible to get jobs in Indian Air-Force.
There are two modes in order to get jobs in Indian Air-Force.
These are through :-
>>CDS(conducted by UPSC).
>>AFCAT(Air-Force Common Admission Test).

In order to appear in these Exam,you will require the following Eligibility:-

Educational Qualification details:-

>>You must be passed out in your Engineering.
>>You must have science stream with Mathematics & Physics in 10+2 level.
>>Your degree should be approved from the AICTE.

Marks details:-

>>Your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 60%.
>>English should be compulsory paper in 10+2.
>>Your minimum marks in Graduation should also be 60%.

Age details:-

>>Your minimum age should be 19 years.
>>Your age should not be above 23 years.

Physical Fitness Details:-

>>Your Minimum height should be 162.5 Cm's.
>>Your leg length should be minimum 99 Cm's and not above 120 Cm's.
>>Your Thigh Length should not be above 64 Cm's.
>>Your minimum vision should be 6/6 without Glasses and 6/12 with Glasses.

Exam Pattern:-

This Exam will conducted in three stages.Its details are as follows:-

STAGE 1 - Intelligence Test.
It will include questions from:-
>>Logical Reasoning.
>>Elementary Mathematics.

STAGE 2 - It will include:-
>>Psychological Test.
>>Group Test.
>>Interview Test.

STAGE 3 - Pilot Aptitude Battery Test.(All getting pass in all the above 2 stages you will be eligible to appear in this stage.)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf airforce 2013.pdf(104.1 KB, 92 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?