2nd August 2012, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CDS exam in Indian Airforce(Flying Branch)

dear sir , i complete my 10+2 with bio science , if now i complete maths under open university ,can i be able to apply for cds exam in indian air force (flying branch)

27th November 2012, 10:58 AM
exams1
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can I apply for CDS exam in Indian Airforce(Flying Branch)

To become a pilot, you need to join Air flying schools after completion of 10+2, they should pass the 10+2 exam with physic, chemistry, math. Minimum marks should be 50%.
You need to clear the entrance test exam of the flying schools in India, they also need to clear the physical fitness (Which is tough one). Only totally fit person can get opportunity to get admission in flying schools.

You should have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks in math and physics. Studying maths and physics is mandatory. You have to be a minimum of 18 years of age on the date the license is issued.

you have to join in a flying school approved by DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation). The DGCA is the the statutory authority overlooking aviation matters like personnel licensing and airworthiness in India.

Before joining the flying school you have to clear the medical tests at prescribed medical centers. Physical fitness and prescribed vision standards have to be met.

An entrance test has to be cleared before training to acquire a private pilot license (PPL). Thereafter, 60 hours of flying training should be completed and then the license must be secured by clearing four theory exams.

Once you have a PPL, you should complete again 250 hours of flying training to get commercial pilot license.

Also before the lapse of three years after your flying experience, you must again get a medical clearance from prescribed medical centers and appear for the exams on air regulations, aviation meteorology, technical planning and air navigation. They are held six times each year to obtain a commercial airline pilot license (CPL).
4th March 2013, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS exam in Indian Airforce(Flying Branch)

Hii sir
I hold an indian DGCA approved CPL..and i would like to join Indian Airforce...can i apply for it with my license...can u please help me witht this...
Thank you sir
regards
Renju Mathew
22nd April 2013, 10:47 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Combined Defense Service Examination

Indian Military Academy : Candidate should have passed a bachelor's degree examination in any discipline from a recognized university or pursuing final year of a bachelor's degree, Age should not be less than 19 years and more than 24 years for IMA Section

Indian Naval Academy : Candidate must posses a bachelor's degree in Engineering in any branch or specialization from a recognized university, age should be between 19-22 years for INA Section

Indian Air Force Academy : You should be passed a bachelor's degree with mathematics and physics as a compulsory subject and age should not be less than 19 years and more than 23 years for AFA Section

Dear as you have mentioned that you have completed B.Com with 49% marks then i would like to say that UPSC board does not ask for percentage marks in any class during selection process or online application form so that your percentage marks are enough for CDS examination but you may not apply for Air Force section means you can not prefer AFA as your section for job because you have not completed a degree with mathematics and physics which is compulsory so that you can only apply for IMA section between these following dates

Start date for online application - 25-05-2013

Last date for online application - 24-06-2013

Date for UPSC CDS Examination - 08-09-2013

So you should not worry and apply for IMA section and get the job in defense sector and IMA is also has broad future so that you may easily develop your future into this section

All the best
4th September 2013, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I claim for age relaxation of 3 months for CDS examinations?
I belong to general catagory
19th July 2014, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

i am a third year mechanical engineering student.. i am very interested in Air Force(Flying Branch).. how to prepare for cds exam .. what are the preparation should i start..
what are books should i refer.. is it possible to clear the exams.. kindly answer my following question..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?