12th February 2016, 06:42 AM
Unregistered

Can i choose Anthropology subject for IAS examination? If yes, then how should i prepare for that?

I am student of bba 2nd year. I am going to appear for the IAS examination. I want to choose Anthropology subject for IAS entrance examination. So tell me if i can do so? And if yes, then please tell me how should i start preparing for that?

12th February 2016, 01:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i choose Anthropology subject for IAS examination? If yes, then how should i prepare for that?

Optional subjects for Preliminary:-

• Agriculture

• Botany

• Chemistry

• Geography

• Geology

• Indian History

• Mathematics

• Mechanical Engineering

• Medical Science

• Philosophy

• Sociology

• Statistics

• Zoology

• Law

• Physics

• Political Science

• Psychology

• Economics

• Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

Optional subjects for Mains:-

• Indian Languages

• Botany

• Chemistry

• Mathematics

• Agriculture

• Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

• Commerce

• Economics

• Geography

• Geology

• Law

• Mathematics

• Management

• Philosophy

• Physics

• Public Administration

• Sociology

• Statistics

• Zoology

• Political Science

• Psychology

• Anthropology

• English

• Gujarati

• Hindi

• Kannada

• Kashmiri
12th February 2016, 06:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i choose Anthropology subject for IAS examination? If yes, then how should i prepare for that?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an I.A.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC and the eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university and age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

Yes, you are eligible to select the Anthropology as optional paper for Mains examination but you have to qualify in Preliminary examination first.

To get syllabus for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th February 2016, 07:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can select the Anthropology as optional paper for Mains examination. Main examination is second stage for UPSC Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university and age between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

But candidate first have to qualify in Preliminary which is first stage of examination to appear for next stage of examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?