5th March 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

How is AFMC different from other exams? Which subjects to attempt? What do they look in candidates in Interview?

How is the AFMC entrance exam different from the rest?? What subjects will i have to attempt? What do they look in candidates in Interview?

5th March 2011, 07:47 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How is AFMC different from other exams? Which subjects to attempt? What do they look in candidates in Interview?

AFMC is not much different from other medical exams. Its the same as others

only thing which is different is that they call the students for an interview once they get selected in exam which are then filled for just 25 seats.

Its quite tough to get into AFMC within those limited number of seats as you can see the number of students answering the exam is very high

You will have to attempt the subjects of 12th which you had option. Which are Physics, Chemistry and Biology followed by English.

They look the same in candidates what other candidates look out for which is "Are you fit for the degree" . If you prove yourself that you are fit in the course then surely you can get through
5th March 2011, 09:17 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Smile Re: How is AFMC different from other exams? Which subjects to attempt? What do they look in candidates in Interview?

Dear friend ,

Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) is a premier institute for medical education.This competition is really tough than others.

The students have to prepare hard to clear this entrance exam.AFMC has limited no. of Seats only.

So its quite tough to Qualify for the exam.

For more details you may visit-

http://entrance-exam.net/afmc-2009-mbbs/

Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!
5th March 2011, 10:36 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: How is AFMC different from other exams? Which subjects to attempt? What do they look in candidates in Interview?

the exam of AFMC is tougher then any other exam total number of seat is just 130 (For
boys: 125, For girls: 25)

Students doing their MBBS from this medical college have to serve at least 7 years in the armed forces.only then they can join some other medical center.

for more details www.afmc.nic.in
25th April 2011, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

minimum mark to qualify AFMC exam
30th April 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I am presently doing B.Sc., Physics (II year). I am planning to write AFMC entrance exam in 2013. I am very much interested in studying MBBS at AFMC. Give me some suggestions and ideas.
7th June 2011, 05:19 AM
pongapandit

Well,AFMC is a reputed institution of India and like most other institution it sets question unique in itself.!!
For instance in Jipmer Questions one finds 40 questions of English,40 questions of Physics,40 questions of Chemistry and 80 questions of Biology,but time alloted is 21/2 hrs.
Similarly in Aiims questions one finds 60 questions,60 questions of Chemistry,
60 questions of Biology and 20 questions of General Knowledge,but time alloted is 31/2 hrs.
AFMC like these sets questions which contains 50 questions each from PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY,BIOLOGY and ENGLISH LANGUAGE,but time alloted is only 2 hrs.
Why there is difference in time allotment??
Of course the answer lies in the level of difficulty.But what really matters in AFMC preparation is the "Time Management".

If you are 12th standard student then you may not find an extra time for preparation of ENGLISH LANGUAGE subject.The solution of this may be the extra effort you should put in to compensate the extra subject.But it can be dealt in other way also.You should read the newspaper from the day one for at least 15minutes.It may help you to develop a good command over English,besides it also provides to be a plus point when you are selected for the interview as the common questions nowadays in the interview are always from CURRENT AFFAIRS.

They probably look "how a student manages his/her 2hrs",that's all.In this 2hrs it is not necessary to answer all questions but to answer smartly,the question known to you.
Hope this may be helpful to you,
Thank You...!
28th July 2011, 07:35 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

AFMC is one of the most prestigious medical college where the students are selected after entrance exam followed by ssb and medical test.

You can have unlimited no of attempts for afmc exam within your age limit

Age limit

12 students - 17-22 years

bsc final year students - 17-23 years

bsc holders - 17-24 years

In the interview they are looking for the requirements needed for an army officer

they are

Leadership

Intelligence

Effective Power of Speech

Social qualities

Physical Fitness, stamina, determination and courage
4th December 2011, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

if i take part in afmc but unfortunetly i failed then can i get selected in 2nd atttempt
22nd January 2012, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

if i want to give AFMC in 2013 and in march 2013 i m completing my 17 years then can i give afmc in 2013 ????
13th April 2012, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

please recommend any book for the afmc interview.
12th June 2012, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

from which book we should prepare for afmc
2nd April 2014, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

my dream is to get into afmc is afmc difficult how many attempts can we do to get afmc
2nd April 2014, 07:17 PM

my goal is to achieve afmc. Is afmc a difficult exam? What is the qualifying mark in afmc?
How many attempts can a candidate generally face? What is the highest mark of last year?
25th October 2020, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Will an average student, who works hard, will be able to qualify for AFMC?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?