14th January 2012, 08:09 PM
abhishekpooja

What are the strategies to prepare for GATE Electrical entrance exam?

sir i am a student of B.E 2nd yr. my branch is electrical engineering.
i want to prepare for GATE. so i need your guidance and help to achieve my goal. Please suggest stategies in order to take my path in a proper manner.
hoping for positive response.

19th January 2012, 02:01 PM
ramkapr

Default Re: What are the strategies to prepare for GATE Electrical entrance exam?

I think that qualifying GATE becomes easy if you are good in Maths and Aptitute, so would suggest to give more stress to these 2 topics. I think you will join coaching when u will be promoted 3rd yr.
6th June 2012, 12:34 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the strategies to prepare for GATE Electrical entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkapr View Post
I think that qualifying GATE becomes easy if you are good in Maths and Aptitute, so would suggest to give more stress to these 2 topics. I think you will join coaching when u will be promoted 3rd yr.

Yes, you have a taken a right decision, but it is little bit late. You have realized the importance of GATE a bit later. It could have been better for you if You had attempted the GATE last time.

Anyway no problem. You attempt the GATE the next time. Meanwhile collect all weapons which are required for GATE exam in the form subject knowledge and good preparation with practice and attempt the exam well.

Now, you have completed your B.Tech. So, so much free time for you. Spend much of the time in preparing for GATE exam and practice previous papers and if you are not able to prepare on your own, join in some reputed coaching institute.

As per the time, one can not specify the exact time required to prepare for the GATE exam. It varies from one to another depending upon their time allocation for preparation in a day, and the fastness in understanding the studied aspects and some other parameters. At an average, 4-8 months will be more than enough to prepare for GATE exam

6th June 2012, 12:38 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Hi

You are absolutely correct in your decision. Just do your study the best way you can.

You are not too late for appearing at GATE. Yes,one can appear in GATE from 3rd year,but he/she should give enough time to be well prepared for the exam.

Without preparation how much one can expect from an exam where there is so much competition!

As you have completed your B.Tech you can totally devote yourself to the preparation of GATE.

It is good to know that you have already ordered for postal correspondence study materials.

Also look for study materials online and the previous year question papers. Get started to practice with them keeping the time factor in mind.

Here are some sites where you can get online study materials:

www.onestopgate.com,
www.gateforum.com

so prepare well ...wish you best of luck!

8th July 2012, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

i m student of btech(EE) 3rd year student plese guide me for the preparation of gate.is coaching center is necessary for the preparation...please guide me...
15th November 2012, 03:41 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir,
This is nand naik,i want to get a score around 750,could any one suggest me which topics of gate electrical engg subject I must focus more to get this score.please help me atleast with releavant reply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?