11th October 2012, 08:12 PM
parmar mahendra

How to become a bank officer if I am a 2nd year engineering student?

i am an 2nd year engineering student and want to become an bank officer.How can apply ibps examination and when?

18th February 2013, 10:55 PM
Shubham.Patel

Default Re: How to become a bank officer if I am a 2nd year engineering student?

You should first be a graduate then only you can apply for any bank exam! Since you are in 2nd year, so start preparing from today only and after graduation you can appy to any bank post forms. Forms are also availabe on UPSC site and the websites of the bank you are applying for. good luck
19th February 2013, 03:13 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Lightbulb Re: How to become a bank officer if I am a 2nd year engineering student?

You can become Probationary officer in Bank by qualify IBPS entrance examination.

Minimum Eligibility of IBPS Bank PO

Educational Qualification: Graduation in any discipline from a recognised College / University

Nationality: Candidate should be citizen of India.

Age: 21 to 30 years. (relaxation in age limit for OBC/ST/SC.)

You can also apply while you are in your Final Year of BE/B.Tech.

This examination is conduct by 19 banks together.

After qualifying the examination you will get the score card through that score card

you will be able to apply in 19 banks whenever these banks issue notification of vacancy.

Exam Pattern

Objective Test of English Language, General Awareness, Data analysis and interpretation, Reasoning - 200 Marks

Descriptive test of English Language -50 Marks

For detail Information Read

EMPLOYMENT NEWSPAPER

or

visit website -- www.ibps.in
19th February 2013, 07:37 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become a bank officer if I am a 2nd year engineering student?

To become a Bank officer one has to crack P.O.(Probationary Officer) exam conducted generally by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) for 19 Public sector banks.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years.

Hence as you are pursing 2nd year Engineering , you are not eligible to apply for bank P.O. exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
20th February 2013, 10:26 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmar mahendra View Post
i am an 2nd year engineering student and want to become an bank officer.How can apply ibps examination and when?
HI!
I am happy to inform you that after passing graduation you can apply for Bank P.O exam.

ELIGIBILITY FOR BANK P.O:-
> Pass graduation with any stream with minimum 55% marks from recognized board.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 50% marks is require.
> Age limit for bank clerk is 21-27 year.
> For ST/SC candidate 21-30 year.
> Candidate must be citizen of India.

Bank P.O Exam is conducted by:-
> I.B.P.S
> S.B.I

You have to qualify three step for bank P.O:-
> Written exam
> Group Discussion
> Interview

For more detail log on to http://www.ibps.in/

ALL THE BEST!
22nd February 2013, 03:24 PM

dear friend,

Educational requirements may vary slightly depending on the company, the area you wish to work and your previous work experience.

For most Banking Officer careers, the minimum educational requirement is the completion of a Bachelor's degree. However, there are some organizations who hire individuals with an Associate's degree in Accounting.

If you are interested in advancing your career as quickly as possible, then you may wish to earn an advanced degree such as an MBA with an emphasis in Accounting.

In a hurry? Request free information from some of the top online schools offering Master's or MBA programs in Accounting.

Beyond a quality education and the development of skills necessary to succeed as a Bank Officer, you will need to learn where to gain experience by finding career opportunities.

You will find some career opportunities on Banking Career portals such as CareerBank.com; however, you will probably have quicker results if you contact a local recruiter or begin contacting hiring firms directly. You may find Bank Officer openings under newspaper or online classifieds (Craigslist or Monster.com).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?