19th June 2010, 09:19 PM

How to become a CBI officer? Qualifications required to become join CBI?

i want to becom a CBI agent,how to do that???what are the qualifications??

13th April 2011, 08:11 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become a CBI officer? Qualifications required to become join CBI?

Hello,
Yes you can become an CBI agent. Generally high school qualification or graduate will be sufficient to write the exam. you have to focuss on the exam conducted for that, here is the information about exam-
-paper 1st (general test) duration 2 hr.-
*general intelligence and reasoning-50 marks
*general awareness-75
*numerical ability-75
TOTAL=200 marks

-paper 2nd (english language) duration-2 hr.
*language comprehension and communication/writing=200 marks

Ability test(physical).
For more information you can visit official site of CBI-www.cbi.gov.in
ok best of luck.
13th April 2011, 08:31 PM
n267747

Default Re: How to become a CBI officer? Qualifications required to become join CBI?

To become CBI officer you have to do MBA. After doing MBA you have to appear in civil service examination
13th April 2011, 09:29 PM
fetcia

Red face Re: How to become a CBI officer? Qualifications required to become join CBI?

how to become a cbi officer please reply me immediately sir
14th April 2011, 03:51 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
yes can join CBI primarily as an agent if you have completed your graduation with minimum 50%. Here is the exam pattern for the exam-
-paper 1st (general test) duration 2hr.
*general awareness-75
*numerical ability-75
Total=200 marks

-paper 2nd (english language) duration 2 hr.
*language comprehension, communication/writing=200 marks
Ability test(physical)
for more information you can visit the official site of CBI-www.cbi.gov.in
ok best of luck.
14th April 2011, 07:17 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetcia View Post
how to become a cbi officer please reply me immediately sir
Hi,

CBI recruitment is conducted by SSC.

Educational qualification to join CBI is candidate must have bachelors degree from a recognised university.

CBI recruits Sub-inspectors through the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), which publishes its recruitment notice in Employment News and other leading dailies.

CBI also inducts officers in the ranks of Inspector of Police and above from the State and Union Territory Police forces on deputation. Non-police officers are also taken on deputation in CBI.

The age criteria is 20 years wheras, the maximum age limit is 27 years with relaxation of upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

For recruitment and vacancy details you can visit http://cbi.nic.in/cbinews/index.php

or

http://www.ssc.nic.in

All the Best....
15th April 2011, 12:18 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To become CBI officer, you may appear for combined graduate preliminary exam, conducted by staff selection commission.
To be eligible for the exam, you must hold a bachelors degree (any stream), from a recognized university.
The minimum eligible age is 20 years whereas, the maximum age limit is 27 years with relaxation of upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.
For more information, you may refer to the official website of staff selection commission (SSC).
19th April 2011, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

hai sir, i finished b.sc physics in 2007. now my age is 26. i like to become a cbi officer. if any chance is there pls send full details to my e-mail id([email protected])
thank you
25th April 2011, 01:07 AM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 490170 View Post
hi friend,,

the basic qualification required for CBI are as follow.........

-->degree in any discipline for recognised universities with..........

-->50% marks in 12th (HSC exam) or
60% marks in 10 th

relaxation for sc/st/pwd--pass marks in 12th (HSC exam)or
50% marks in 10 th

-->age limit ; min-18 max--28 yrs
relaxation --sc/st -5yrs
obc- 3 yrs
ph--10 yrs

for more infirmation visit the given link...

http://http://www.careerquips.blogsp...ification.html

all the best...........
28th April 2011, 07:23 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I completed my Engg. later i did my MBA in 2008.Now i'm working as network Engineer from 2.5 years.I like to become a cbi officer. If any chance is there Please send full details to my E-mail ID: [email protected]

Thank you
29th April 2011, 11:10 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to become a CBI officer? Qualifications required to become join CBI?

Quote:
How to become a CBI officer?

A candidate can apply for the post of CBI through Combined Graduate Preliminary Examination. This examination is conducted by the SSC every year.
The Combined Graduate Preliminary examination is conducted for the posts of Assistants, Inspectors and Sub- Inspectors, Divisional
Accountants, Junior Accountants, Auditors in various governmental agencies like the Railways, Central Vigilance Commission, Central Excise, Income Tax, CBI, Central Police Organizations etc.

Qualifications required to become join CBI?

Education qualification
To apply for the post of CBI a candidate should be graduate in any
discipline from a recognized university.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply
for this examination.

Age Limit
For the post of CBI candidate age should be between 18 to 27 years.

For more information on CBI visit the below web site.
www.ssc.nic.in
29th April 2011, 11:14 AM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

for more infirmation visit the given link...

http://http://www.careerquips.blogsp...ification.html
29th April 2011, 02:05 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

A candidate can apply for the post of CBI through Combined Graduate Preliminary Examination. This examination is conducted by the SSC every year.

Basic qualification
degree in any discipline for recognised universities.

50% marks in 12th (HSC exam) or
60% marks in 10 th

Age Limit

thanks
29th April 2011, 06:06 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

To become CBI officer, you may appear for combined graduate preliminary exam, conducted by staff selection commission.

To be eligible for the exam, you must hold a bachelors degree (any
stream), from a recognized university.

The minimum age is 20 years whereas, the maximum age limit is 27 years with relaxation of upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

For more information,click here
29th April 2011, 06:39 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Crime Branch CBI (Central bureau of Investigation) is a specialized wing in many state police forces in India of their Criminal Investigation Department .

Other branches of the CBI are
  • State Crime Investigation Bureau
  • Finger Print Bureau
  • and Scientific Section.

To join in CBI you need to write the CGPE EXAM conducted by UPSC...!!
and minimum qualification for that is to be Graduate..

for that you need to have good physical strength also like any armed force..
29th April 2011, 07:06 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
What is the procedure to join as a CBI Officer? What are the criteria's that are necessary to become a CBI Officer? Please Explain me about the Preparation of CBI and IAS?
For CBI you need to be satisfied with below criteria.

Central bureau of Investigation i.e CBI is Government undertaking best Inquiring Agencies in India.

Joining into CBI is through CGPE i.e Combined Graduate Preliminary Exam which is Conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Board) Every Year.

This Exam is held Once a year which is in the Month of February.

Requirements for Joining CBI or Eligibility Critiera :-
Eligibility

Educational Qualification :-

You must be Graduation courses in Criminology For making Yourself Eligible For CBI.

For Graduation in Criminology in Different University in India you must be 12th passed.

Syllabus: The syllabus for a course in Criminology usually includes - Principles of Criminology, Psychology of Crime, Criminal Law, Police Administration, Forensic Science and Medicine, Juvenile Delinquency, Correctional Management and Rehabilitation of Criminals etc.

You age must be lie in between 18 to 27 years For Inspectors or CE and Div. Acctts or Auditors or UDCs,20 to 27 years for Assistant Grade & SIs in CBI and 20 to 25 years for SIs in CPOs

Pattern Of the Exam consists of Part I and Part II

In part I it consist of Paper I and Paper II which is of 400 Marks Total.General Test is 200 marks and English Language is of 200 Marks.

In Part II
it consists of Interview which is of 100 Marks Total.

In order to Get into CBI you need to Clear both the parts individually. CBI Official Website

*End*
30th April 2011, 05:11 AM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
Crime Branch CBI (Central bureau of Investigation) is a specialized wing in many state police forces in India of their Criminal Investigation Department .

Other branches of the CBI are

* State Crime Investigation Bureau
* Finger Print Bureau
* and Scientific Section.

To join in CBI you need to write the CGPE EXAM conducted by UPSC...!!
and minimum qualification for that is to be Graduate..
for that you need to have good physical strength also like any armed force..
thanks
3rd May 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am a student of bio .can i apply for cbi.
9th May 2011, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i am interest to CBI job.i am student of open university in ELIM.My mark in M.p. Ex is 60% & H.s. Ex is 50% can i apply in CBI job plz sir reply plz
11th May 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

is height necessary for all the brances of cbi. pls reply fast. thanku
14th May 2011, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED MY ENGG.. RECENTLY. I WOULD LIKE TO b'kom CBI OFFICER?WHAT MUST I DO?KINDLY DIRECT ME.THANK U
17th May 2011, 11:32 PM
sravani talluri

what are the tests among the physical strength are conducted..??
17th May 2011, 11:33 PM
sravani talluri

plzz reply me...
25th May 2011, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

how to became a cid officer
13th June 2011, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

i have done graduation and post graduation, so am i applicable for become a CBI officer?
15th June 2011, 08:26 AM
shekharrai

Hi dear,

The Combined Graduate Preliminary examination is conducted for the posts of Assistants, Inspectors and Sub- Inspectors, Divisional
Accountants, Junior Accountants, Auditors in various governmental agencies like the Railways, Central Vigilance Commission, Central Excise, Income Tax, CBI, Central Police Organizations etc.

Education qualification
for this examination.

Age Limit

www.ssc.nic.in
Thanks
18th June 2011, 12:08 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

A graduation from a renowned University is the qualification required for a CBI officer. The age limit ranges from 20-27 years. The SSC conducts a test for recruiting CBI officers. Minimum marks required to appear for the test is 50% marks in graduation. Written test and Physical test is also there for the selection.
18th June 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

i am graduate with chemistry can i apply cbi?
21st July 2011, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

i also don"t know.if u know that inform to me
21st July 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

To-
Sir or Madame
I am 14 years old and when I will grew up I want to become C.B.I or C.I.D and I want to know that what qualification is needed. And lastly I want to know to know that
what is the physical body maintenance is needed.
Please reply.
Thank you Sir or Madame for reading this question.
28th July 2011, 10:00 PM
rahulchs

hi dear,

Education qualification
for this examination.

Age Limit

www.ssc.nic.in

thanks
31st July 2011, 09:51 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

CBI recruitment is conducted by SSC.

Educational qualification to join CBI is candidate must have bachelors degree from a recognised university.

CBI recruits Sub-inspectors through the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), which publishes its recruitment notice in Employment News and other leading dailies.

CBI also inducts officers in the ranks of Inspector of Police and above from the State and Union Territory Police forces on deputation. Non-police officers are also taken on deputation in CBI.

The age criteria is 20 years wheras, the maximum age limit is 27 years with relaxation of upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

For recruitment and vacancy details you can visit http://cbi.nic.in/cbinews/index.php

or

http://www.ssc.nic.in

Thanks
3rd August 2011, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: How to become a CBI officer? Qualifications required to become join CBI?

hello sir i am perumal i am studying in btech 3rd year. what is the qualification for cbi officer.please reply for my email id: [email protected]
4th August 2011, 01:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

How to become a CBI officer -

To become a CBI officer, then you have to appear the exams conducted by UPSC. And This exams is held generally once a year for the post of Sub-Inspectors of Police in Central Bureau of Investigation and the application forms and other particulars are published in the Employment News in the month of October.

Eligiblity -*

If you have completed your bacholar degree, then you are eligible for appear in this exams. But your age is between 20 to 25 years.

All the best.
8th August 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

hi
when will be next exam for CBI.
15th August 2011, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

hi sir,
my name is uday kumar......i am pursuing charted accountancy .i want to become a cbi office and its my dream.please help me sir to fulfill my dream.
29th September 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Arrow Re: How to become a CBI officer? Qualifications required to become join CBI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n267747 View Post
To become CBI officer you have to do MBA. After doing MBA you have to appear in civil service examination
There are direct posts 1) Constable, 2) Sub-inspectors, 3) Dy.Superintendent of Police: Watch time to time employment advertisement.
28th October 2011, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi friends, i am a final year commerce degree student , i want to become a CBI officer, anyone can suggest whats the procedure to become a cbi officer . Is there any coaching centre
29th November 2011, 02:49 PM
tuntunia

Hello,
Yes you can become an CBI agent. Generally high school qualification or graduate will be sufficient to write the exam. you have to focuss on the exam conducted for that, here is the information about exam-
*general awareness-75
*numerical ability-75
TOTAL=200 marks

Ability test(physical).
29th November 2011, 11:15 PM
imcoolleone

Hi dear,

Education qualification
for this examination.

Age Limit

www.ssc.nic.in

Thanks
31st January 2012, 03:29 PM
drurv

31st January 2012, 11:50 PM
mani_baban

Smile Re: How to become a CBI officer? Qualifications required to become join CBI?

Hello,
*general awareness-75
*numerical ability-75
TOTAL=200 marks

Ability test(physical).
ok best of luck.
1st February 2012, 03:19 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Central bureau investigation

for joining CBI student must sit and score well in Combined Graduate Level Exam which is conducted by staff selection commission for recruitment of assistant, Sub-Inspector in CBI,and for income tax officer etc.

minimum eligiblility for the exam
Bachelors degree form recognized university any stream(arts,commerce,science)
AGE LIMIT
18 years - 27 years.

for more info visit
Visit:- www.cbi.nic.in/
13th March 2012, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

what is the benefits of ncc to join cbi?
24th June 2012, 07:35 PM
babu91

Hello,
*general awareness-75
*numerical ability-75
TOTAL=200 marks

Ability test(physical).
ok best of luck.
thank you
7th July 2012, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

m doing b.com 2nd year and i am 20 years old so will i b able to give CBI exam... ?
7th July 2012, 06:40 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria:

=>If you are a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university then you can apply for this exam.

=>Your age should be between 20-27 years.

Exam Pattern:

Physical Standard:

Official Website: http://www.cbi.gov.in
16th July 2012, 01:08 AM
gokuls1

hello dear,

Yes, you can become an CBI agent. Generally high school qualification or graduate will be sufficient to write the exam.
you have to focuss on the exam conducted for that, here is the information about exam-
*general awareness-75
*numerical ability-75
TOTAL=200 marks

Ability test(physical).
Best Luck..!!
26th September 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
please tell
19th June 2013, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

I wanna be a CBI agent,I want to know.,Speaking English is must.??
pls tell me...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?