18th February 2015, 05:24 PM
Mahesh Patidar1994

How to become an IES officer if I am a student of 3rd year mechanical engineer with 7.6 aggregate

Sir I am a student of 3rd year mechanical engineering and I have agregate 7.6 cgpa i want to become an ies officer please guide me Thanx

Related Questions:
21st May 2015, 06:53 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become an IES officer if I am a student of 3rd year mechanical engineer with 7.6 aggregate

You need to clear the exam conducted by the UPSC i.e. the Union Public Service Commission.
For becoming eligible, the conditions are-

1. Minimum 21 years as on January 1st of the year in which the exam is conducted.
2. Degree in Engineering from the recognized university.

You have mentioned your CGPA, but frankly speaking it has no use in the ES examination.
First of to be prepare for the exam, start the preparation from the 3rd year itself because the syllabus is very vast.

According to me, you should join coaching because there you will get a guided approach to proceed. You can join different coaching like
- Made easy
- Ace Academy etc.

Made easy has earned its name for quality coaching in ES.

Also, you should develop habit of reading and getting used to current affairs because general awareness is one such subject in which many students have a tough hand and if you get a command over that then definitely you will have an edge over other aspirants.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?