31st March 2017, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS Officer after 10th? How to prepare for it?

Hello sir, I am in 10th and my dream is to become an IPS Officer. What should I do after 10th to become an IPS Officer? How to prepare for this exam after 10th?

31st March 2017, 07:12 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS Officer after 10th? How to prepare for it?

I am pleased with your goal but to become an I.P.S Officer you also have to study hard and qualify in all stages of Civil Services examination before final recruitment.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

So, you have to wait till your bachelor degree to appear for examination but in between 10th to bachelor degree you can do preparation for examination.

* Go through NCERT books of 6th -12th std.

* THE Hindu newspaper.

For syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2017, 08:14 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC every year and is considered as mother of all other examination. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

So, to become an I.P.S Officer and let your dream come true you have to prepare for examination till you complete your bachelor degree and become eligible for appearing in examination.

So, start preparation for examination as according to syllabus of examination available at www.upsc.gov.in.

For current affairs you can take help of newspaper, Lok Sabha TV, Rajya Sabha TV, pib.nic.in.
31st March 2017, 08:20 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to make entry into IPS is by completion of Graduation from a recognized university.

The selection process will be as follows :
CSAT Exam (Preliminary)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

This is the common written exam for the candidates to make entry into variety of civil services like
-IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
-IPS (Indian Police Service)
-IFS (Indian Foreign Service) etc.

One should get top score in the written exam to be selected for IPS.

Since you are just in 10th standard, I suggest you to opt for the stream as per your interest in 10+2 and then Graduation with the relevant stream. Ensure at least one subject of your 10+2 and Graduation should be there in the list of optional subjects for Main Exam.

As per age criteria,
Candidates of General category can take this exam upto the age of 32 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

There would limit on the number of attempts for this Exam.
General category : 6 Attempts
OBC category : 9 Attempts
SC/ST category : No limit on number of attempts

There would be huge competition for this Exam. Hence I suggest you to start preparation for this Exam from a coaching institute from the very beginning of your Graduation.
31st March 2017, 08:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One can join Indian police for Group A and Group B officer i.e gazetted officer jobs through Indian Police Services (IPS) exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Eligibility for Indian Police Services (IPS) exam :-

Academic Qualification :Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age criteria : 21 years to 32 years . There is relaxation for reserved category.

Selection criteria :

Written test, Physical Test, Medical Examination and Interview.

Some reference books to prepare for the Civil Services Exam are

Indian History -India Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra; NCERT Books ( XI & XII )

Indian Politics - Constitution of India by Bakshi

Indian Economy - Plus One, Plus Two Books, Pratiyogita Darpan

General Science - Tata Mc Graw Hill Guide

Mental Ability - Quantitative Apitude by R.S. Aggarwal
31st March 2017, 08:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. After 10th, you should do 12th and then bachelor's degree to apply for Civil Services exam.

1. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC. The minimum age is 21 years for this exam.

2. It requires 2-3 years of rigorous preparation. Basics of preparation of this exam can be done from NCERTs and then you can read standard books. Read English newspaper, The Hindu is the best.

You can join any coaching after first year graduation for better guidance:

1. Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy.

2. Vision IAS academy.

3. Rau's IAS study circle.
31st March 2017, 09:06 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

There is a certain procedure in order to become an officer in Police Services department. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for becoming an officer is as follows.

>> You must have completed "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are pursuing 10th Class, you are required to pursue 12th Class after completion of 10th Class and then must pursue Graduation/ Bachelor Degree in order to be eligible.

>> Some of the best books for IPS Exam include,
* History of Medieval India by Satish Chandra
* Geography of India by Majid Husain
* Facts of Indian Culture by Spectrum
* General Studies Paper I and II by Arihant
31st March 2017, 09:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. It comes under Civil Services of Indian Government. A candidate who has done bachelor's degree and is of 21 years can apply for Civil Services examination.

How to prepare after 10th:

>>Start your preparation by reading books of Geography, History, Political science and Economics of NCERT and ICSE books from sixth standard to 12th.

>>Make your notes and solve exercises to test your knowledge.

>>Develop a habit of reading "The Hindu".

>>Once, you are done with standard books, you can refer to standard books, like Indian Polity by Laxmikant, Geography by GC Leong, History by Bipan Chandra etc.

>>Solve last 25 years paper of this exam for getting confidence.
31st March 2017, 10:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and for becoming an IPS officer one of the highest post in administrative field you need to compete Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

Further the educational requirement for becoming an IPS officer is a graduation degree in any subject from a recognized university.

As it is evident that for becoming IPS officer there is no compulsion of a particular subject at any stage of academics and hence you have the liberty to opt the subject according to your interest and strength as the subject becomes crucial when one select a subject for his/her optional subject when he/she appears in the stage second of Civil Services examination as in the same through knowledge of a subject is required for must.

For more detailed information regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2017, 11:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. A long way to go for Civil Services examination as you are at present in standard 10th. But its good thing that you have decided to go for this examination. It is a tough exam exam. If you study well in planned manner from now, you can clear it in first attempt.

After 10+2, your first step should be to pursue 12th and then bachelor's degree in any stream of your interest. Along with that, you can read NCERT books for History, Civics, Geography etc.

Newspaper is essential for this exam. You can read English Newspaper for vocabulary and current affairs. In prefinal year of graduation join any good coaching institute for standard books preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?