25th March 2011, 07:05 AM
Zhan nun thami

How to prepare to become an IPS officer? Requirements for joining IPS Academy?

How to prepare to become an IPS Officer? What do we require to join IPS Academy?

27th March 2011, 05:49 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare to become an IPS officer? Requirements for joining IPS Academy?

IPS is a civil service..

it is the service among the 23 civil services

for which UPSC conducts CSE(Civil Service Examination)

so by this you can get a picture that you have to write CIVILS for fullfilling your dream..

the eligibility criteria required for a candidate to become IPS officer

->you should have a degree from a recognized indian university.

->your age should be in between 21 and 30

specially for IPS

you should have a stunning physic..

you should have a good manly measurements

i mean a good chest size and all

with good eye sight

with healthy body and all

this is all stuff with me

regards

~aditya~
6th April 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare to become an IPS officer? Requirements for joining IPS Academy?

iam madhu. iam dng my ece 2nd year in pondicherry university. whether am i eligible to appear in ips exam r not?
27th April 2011, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare to become an IPS officer? Requirements for joining IPS Academy?

WHAT IS MAIN WORK OF AN I.P.S OFFICER
15th May 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

hi. myself Prince Nagal. i am doing my b.tech cse 2nd year from mdu. whether am i eligible to appear in ips exam or not ?? please reply me or contect me on my no. 9991070755 if it is possible.. i shell be thnkful to u for ths....
16th May 2011, 12:34 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

hi friend,
IPS is a civil service..

so by this you can get a picture that you have to write CIVILS for fullfilling your dream..

specially for IPS

with good eye sight

with healthy body and all.

Regards,
* GITA *
2nd June 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

for women what are the physical requirments required for ips?
3rd June 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

HAI THIS IS RAJASEKHAR IAM STUDYING B.TECH 4TH YEAR NOW IAM ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY THE IPS ENTRANCE OR NOT?
17th June 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

my name is Naresh Kumar i have completed b.b.m can i join i.p.s acadamey please inform good coching centers in hyderabad?
18th June 2011, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Is there any on choosing trade in B.tech if we want to appear in IAS exam
reply soon on
[email protected]
or contact on 8960372433
if u help me i'll really thankful to u
25th June 2011, 08:42 AM
sachin6

You write upsc exam for that ips service. They conduct exam in every year. The eligibilities are you pass one degree graduation and age limit should lies between 21 to 30.
29th June 2011, 03:04 PM
sayyed alfaraj

hello my name is sayyed alfaraj from surat i want i a s officer in my future pls send and advice
8th July 2011, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

hello iam sahil kumar iam study in BCA 1st year. so IAM ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY THE IPS?
6th August 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

i am nikhil. and i m dng my cse 1st year. so i am eligible to apply for IPS
28th November 2011, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

what a chance for enrollment Indian air force for a waiting list candidates who select for group Y post of airmen
7th December 2011, 06:04 PM
manojparte

Cool Reme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
iam madhu. iam dng my ece 2nd year in pondicherry university. whether am i eligible to appear in ips exam r not?
i am manoj parte i had passd out b.com
16th December 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

hello am santhosh doing b.tech mechanical engg in pondicherry university .i want to known the procedure to be became ips and wat all knownledge reqiured for ips
4th February 2012, 06:14 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

IPS is one of the three prominent All India Government Services. Other two services are IAS (Indian Administration Service) and IFS (Indian Foreign Service).

IPS exam pattern

The UPSC examination comprises of two successive stages. IPS exam is carried out by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and constitutes two stages:

1) The Preliminary Examination and

2)The Main Examination.

Preliminary Exam comprises multiple choice questions and is also a qualifying exam for appearing into second exam.

Main Examination which comprises a written exam and an interview.

Eligibility for IPS exam

1)You must be 21 years (minimum) and 30 years (maximum) at the time of taking exam. SC/ST/OBC and ex-servicemen are given exemption of 3 to 5 years in maximum age limit.

2)People belonging to general category can appear for IPS exam four times, while OBCs can appear for seven times but no limit has been set for SC/ST. keep in mind, even appearing in just exam is counted as an attempt.

3)You also need to meet physical standards mentioned in application form.

Preparation tips for IPS exam

1)For ‘General Studies’ read political and business magazines as much as you can but within limit.

2)For ‘General Knowledge’, you must read ‘Competition Success Review” and collect facts. Also, you can solve question papers of previous years’ preliminaries.

3)The best way to begin your exams preparation in above mentioned subjects is to start with NCERT books of 6th to 12th standard.

4)To prepare for optional subject, get the civil service exam syllabus. Cover all the topics and attempting all the related question papers simultaneously.
9th February 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 10th class.I want to know how to become an IPS officer
16th March 2012, 03:56 AM
Unregistered

I am studding in MBA at London. I am Indian. I want to become an IPS officer. So what I need to do now? If you have a better suggestion then let me know.

Many thanks..........
20th March 2012, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

which subject is best for doing graduation for i.p.s ?
22nd May 2012, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

hello sir , am namrata sandhu from uttarakhand and am doing b.com pass from kamla nehru college DELHI UNIVERSITY . SIR AM A First year student and i want to know that is it necessary to get into an ips coaching institute and if yes then please give me some suggestions of ips coaching in south delhi. one more question , sir i want to know whole of the procedure to be an ips officer .
21st August 2012, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/mam , i am sukanta ghosh from kolkata and m doing my b.com (honrs) from bhawanipore gujarati educational society college. CATCUTTA UNIVERSITY , SIR , i just came to 2nd year and i want to kno all the procedures to sit for the exam and to crack it, i want you to suggest me a coachin centre n south kolkata,sir i want to know whole of the procedure to be an ips officer . thank you
27th August 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

hello m shreyas .. m doing my bsc-it third year wil it b sufficient for me 2 appear for ips exams....
2nd September 2012, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

I am Biplab Mandal, a student of 3rd year , Bsc.(H), CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY. I want to kno all the procedures to sit for the exam and to crack it, i want you to suggest me a coachin centre in kolkata.
28th October 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Hai ,i am arun now i just study 12th standard . my aim is to become a IPS officer . so, after public exam which course i need to study
1st February 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

my name is shaik.nayab rasool and my question is,Bc-e cast peoples are eligible to write the i.p.s examinations.plz give me the reply for this.if there is a chance,there is any divisions
to give the marks plz reply me.
5th March 2013, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

HI, My name is keerthi... now i am doing my 2nd year under graduate course in ENGLISH..... i want to became an I.P.S please give me some important tips for fulfill my ambition......
11th April 2013, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

hi, i am bhupinder kaur from punjab and i want to become an IPS officer. i m doing b.sc(IT) from PTU Distence education program.sir please tell me i am eligible for IPS exam or not if not what i have to do? please tell me sir it is a request......
11th April 2013, 09:00 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Requirement for IPS, Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National.
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
-Should have possessed good Physical Fitness.

Regarding Physical Requirment for IPS aspirants, the Male candidate should be 165cm in Height and Female should be 150cm while SC/ST Male should be 160cm and Female 145cm.

The Chest for Male-84cm and Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three stages:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th April 2013, 12:17 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..........

If you are interested to become a IPS officer,

First you can crack the Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones....,,

Civil Examination is conducted for IAS/IPS by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones

For this Civil Examination some eligibility criteria's are required i.e. Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Nationality, Physical Standard etc.... if

If you are satisfy these are eligibility criteria then you are eligible for Civil Examination

Required Eligibility Criteri

>> Candidates have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university, final year students also eligible for this examination, there is no percentage required for this examination

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates, 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates, 3 years relaxation for OBC candidates,

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

Preliminary Examination

Mains Examination

Personnel Interview

No.of Attempts

Maximum 4 attempts for General candidates

Maximum 7 attempts for OBC candidates

No restriction for SC/ST candidates

13th April 2013, 01:34 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. This exam condcucted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

The candidate should be citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:

You should pass the Bachelor degree from any recognized university with any stream.

No percentage required for this exam.

Fina year pursuing candidates also eligible write this exam.

Age limit:

The min age limlit is 21 years.

The max age limit is 30 years.

Relaxation:

3 years for OBC

5 years for SC\ST

10 years for PH.

No of Attempts:

4 for General

7 for OBC

No limit for SC\ST

Selection Process:

PReliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

All the best
13th April 2013, 10:23 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services Examination is conducted by UPSC every year and if you want to become an IPS Officer then you can apply for this examination.

Graduates in any discipline can apply for Civil Services Examination.

The age should be between 21 to 30 years for General Category candidates.

Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC Category is available.

Civil Services Examination has following stages:

-Preliminary Examination

-Civil Services Mains Exam

-Interview

Those who pass Preliminary Exam are only allowed to appear for Mains exam and interview.

The marks in Mains and Interview will count in the merit list.

For IPS Officer post you also have to fulfill physical criteria then only you will be considered for it.

The number of attempts for Civil Services Examination for different categories in mentioned below:

General Category- 4 attempts

OBC Category - 7 attempts

SC/ST Category - No Limit

Hence be prepared for then examination because it is one of the most reputed examination of our country.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th April 2013, 02:40 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hai....

IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE this exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.

ELIGIBILITY:

Candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university of india

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Upper age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years

5 years for SC/ST candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

Written exam

Medical test

Personal Interview

For more information please visit the www.upsc.gov.in
13th April 2013, 03:53 PM
pratheep1580

Hi i'm pratheep doing B-Tech in Aeronautical engineering in Chennai.I want full details regarding IPS exam.Please message me @ 8608750546

email: [email protected]
18th April 2013, 05:10 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

In India Several IPS coaching institute are grooming the candidate and are producing successful candidate every year.they impart great presentation skills to the candidates which will be of great use to the candidate ti succeed in spite of the heavy competition

IPS Exam Eligibility :

**Candidates must be an Indian

**Candidates complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized university

**Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years for General Candidates

**Age relaxation as per govt rules
3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates
5 years age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates

IPS syllabus

Number of Attempts :

General Candidates : 4 Times

OBC Candidates : 7 Times

SC/ST Candidates : No limit

Selection Process :

Main Examination

Preliminary Examination

Interview

wish you good luck...........
20th April 2013, 04:45 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Zhan,

The acronym for IPS is Indian Police Services.

The IPS is primarily concerned with maintenance of Law and Order of our country.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts competitive examination for filling vacancies in the IPS.

The eligibility criteria required for the IPS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.

* Final year contenders are also eligible for this examination.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contenders.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Physical eligibility:-

30th July 2013, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

if i m just 5.4 fit can i be ips offer?
30th July 2013, 06:39 PM
maruthidevi

IPS is a civil service..

specially for IPS

with good eye sight

with healthy body and all

this is all stuff with me
8th August 2013, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

sir, i become a ips officer can i say somthing ips prepasion do? Please tall me sir/madam regards every time
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?