17th June 2012, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS Officer after completion of Engineering?

how can i become an IPS officer after engineering

18th June 2012, 12:29 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS Officer after completion of Engineering?

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidate to be placed in IPS is Graduation.

As you have completed Engineering, you are eligible to join IPS.

For this you should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The complete selection procedure that you need to crack to be placed in IPS is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

As you are fulfilling the required academic qualification, I suggest you to check yourself whether you will fall under required age criteria or not.

Here it is,
-You should possess an age between 21-30 years to take this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

One should opt for 2 optional subjects for Civil Services Main Exam while registering for this exam.

You did not mention your stream in Engineering.

I suggest you to opt for the subjects in accordance with the subjects that you have gone through in your Engineering course.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
18th June 2012, 01:19 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

Those candidate having Graduation Degree in any stream of education is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam. As you are pursing B.Tech. after completion of which you are eligible for this exam.

Apart from this the candidate must be an Indian National within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Those applying for IPS should have certain prescribed minimum physical requirements such as Height should be 165cm for General Male and 150cm for Female candidate where as for SC/ST Male it should be 160cm and for Female 145cm.

The chest should be 85cm for Male and 79cm for Female candidate expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection procedure is of three stages:-

CSAT - CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST-PRELIMINARY EXAM
CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM
PERSONAL INTERVIEW

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th June 2012, 01:21 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

Those candidate having Graduation Degree in any stream of education is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam. As you are pursing B.Tech. after completion of which you are eligible for this exam.

Apart from this the candidate must be an Indian National within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Those applying for IPS should have certain prescribed minimum physical requirements such as Height should be 165cm for General Male and 150cm for Female candidate where as for SC/ST Male it should be 160cm and for Female 145cm.

The chest should be 85cm for Male and 79cm for Female candidate expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection procedure is of three stages:-

CSAT - CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST-PRELIMINARY EXAM
CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM
PERSONAL INTERVIEW

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th June 2012, 01:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can i become an IPS officer after engineering

For this you will have to give Civil Service Examination. It is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

It consist of preliminary exam , Main exam and interview.

Preliminary exam
It is usually conducted in May. It is a qualifying exam which consists of objective type questions only. It consists of two papers one is of General studies and other one is of Optional subject as chosen by you.

You must start your preparations with NCERT class 6 to 12 books.
For the General studies paper you must keep yourself updates about the current affairs, and Politics. General studies questions are also from geography, history, Economy, Political Science, etc.

Main exam

It is conducted in October or November, Those who qualify the preliminary exam are called for it. It consists of 7 papers . there will be one paper on Indian language as chosen by the candidate, one english paper and one essay Paper. You will have to choose 2 optional subjects. there will be 2 papers of each subject.

Each paper will be of 300 marks except the essay paper which is of 200 marks. The standard of english and India language paper will be as per the matriculation level.

All the papers except the language paper will be in Both Hindi and English also every paper of main exam consists of conventional type questions only.

Interview

The number of candidates called for interview will be twice the number of vacancies available. this Interview part is of 300 marks.
18th June 2012, 05:10 PM
reena more

sir am completing diploma in mechanical engineering. can i able for this examination. if i have. how i take more detail.
18th June 2012, 07:06 PM
shalu1995

yes you are eligible
for being IPS officer you should at least graduate since you are done with your engineering then surely you can joint it
you have to crack UPSC exam
which has three section
aptitude test of UPSC(1st preliminary exam)
final exam
interview

thank you
21st June 2012, 08:51 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

HAI....

IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE the minimum qualification required for this exam is graduation from a recognized university this exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THIS EXAM:

1.Graduate students are applicable

2.Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

3.Candidate should be a citizen of india

4.Age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years

5.5 years for SC/ST candidates

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

1.Preliminary Exam

2.Main exam

3.Interview

For more information please visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST....

22nd February 2013, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

sir my name is kESHAB BORDOLOI. Now i am a 3rd year student of BE,branch-Electrical & Electronics Engineering. after completing my BE degree in EEE branch,can i apply for IPS??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?