16th August 2011, 01:45 AM
vivektarang

How to become an IPS Officer after the completion of 12th Science?

sir.i am vivek kumar of class 12th (sci).i want to become an ips officer.please inform me what will i do for m career?

16th August 2011, 09:07 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS Officer after the completion of 12th Science?

Minimum education criteria = Graduate
also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

So you need to do graduation.. and then apply... as you have taken science you can do Eng or medical or anything which is of your interest..........

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.

A general candidate can attempt Four times only.Where as Seven attempts of OBCs. And no limit for SCs/STs.
16th August 2011, 09:50 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs )

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination.

Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination
16th August 2011, 09:58 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IPS Officer after the completion of 12th Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivektarang View Post
sir.i am vivek kumar of class 12th (sci).i want to become an ips officer.please inform me what will i do for m career?

How to become an IPS Officer after the completion of 12th Science?

Eligibility criteria for Being an IPS officer
  • you must have at least Graduation degree so you need to complete your engineering if you have maths in 12th or medical if you have biology in 12th.
  • Age Criteria- For general 21-30 years as on 1st july of year of exam
  • For OBC - there has been a provision of 3 years age relaxation
  • For Sc/St- There has been a provision of 5 years of age relaxation.

Fees
Rs 100 for general category students.
No fees for sc/st/physically handicapped.

After completing all eligibility criteria ,you will have to crack an entrance exam for that.The entrance exam is conducted by upsc so if you want updated information about upsc exams then please visit the official website of upsc that is http://www.upsc.gov.in or read employement news regularly.

With Regards
rchauhan294
16th August 2011, 10:11 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

IPS Exam Eligibility
IPS stands for Indian Police Service and for joining in this great organization, the candidates have to succeed in the civil service examination conducted by the union public service commission. The eligibility criteria for IPS civil service examination are given below:

MINIMUM QUALIFICATION: graducate degree

Age requirement:

During the year of applying for the examination the candidate must have attained 21 years of age on 1st of August.
16th August 2011, 10:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

IPS exam conducted by UPSC . so the eligibility criteria for IPS exam is you must be graduate in any department.

The minimum age criteria is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years.

Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

General candidate attempts four times ,OBC candidate attempts 7 times and SC/ST candidate attempts many times.

After 12 th you are not eligible but after graduation you are eligible for IPS exam.

all the best
16th August 2011, 12:04 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IPS Officer after the completion of 12th Science?

Hi friend,

To become an IPS officer you must clear an conducted by Union Public Service Commission of INDIA. To apply for the examination the education qualification required is a all cleared graduation, Which means you must be a graduate to become an IPS officer and your age must be above 21yrs and below 30yrs.

So i can suggest you to do a degree course which you think you can clear all subjects easily. So that you can prepare for the IPS exam also at the same time.
17th August 2011, 01:49 AM
anil_kumar89

Sorry but you can not apply for the civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC for the different post .

eligibility for IPS :

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011,
35 years for SC/ST
33 for OBC .

education :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university.
19th August 2011, 02:12 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: How to become an IPS Officer after the completion of 12th Science?

Quote:
IPS is Indian Police Service and this exam is one of the Indian Civil Service exam and is conducted every year..

As you are interested in becoming a IPS officer,it is encouraging but becoming a IPS officer after +2 is not possible as the minimum qualification for appearing for the IPS exam is a degree from a recognized university,it might be from any discipline.

The other criteria's which have to be satisfied by the candidate who is appearing are that the candidate must be citizen of India and the candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years and for other categories like SC/ST it is 35 ,OBC it is 33 years.

If the candidates satisfy all the criteria's then he/she can apply for the IPS exam.
14th October 2011, 01:32 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in this exam is be a graduate from a recognized college, whatever may be the stream is.....

as you have just completed your 12th so you must go for graduation.after completion of your graduation you can apply for IPS exam, conducted by UPSC every years.

the age limit for the general candidate is 21-30 year.

the age limit for a SC\ST candidate is 21-35 year.

and the age limit for OBC candidates is 21-33.

the candidate must be citizen of india.

thanks!!
14th October 2011, 01:39 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in this exam is be a graduate from a recognized college, whatever may be the stream is.....

as you have just completed your 12th so you must go for graduation.after completion of your graduation you can apply for IPS exam, conducted by UPSC every years.

the age limit for the general candidate is 21-30 year.

the age limit for a SC\ST candidate is 21-35 year.

and the age limit for OBC candidates is 21-33.

the candidate must be citizen of india.

thanks!!
12th November 2011, 03:52 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

So you need to do graduation.. and then apply... as you have taken science you can do Eng or medical or anything which is of your interest..........

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:

OBC:

A general candidate can attempt Four times only.Where as Seven attempts of OBCs. And no limit for SCs/STs.
17th November 2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

i am study in engg.2year so how to prepare ips exam from current year
7th December 2011, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

sir i am Tareshwar. 10 2 pass with sciece stream. I am a middle student (not intellegent). I want to become an IPS officer. Plsease gudie me. Thanks
7th December 2011, 09:33 PM
akashcg02

Quote:
IPS Exam Eligibility

For getting selected to the IPS, there are two types of eligibility. One is that you should be eligible for appearing for the IPS exam and the other is that after clearing the mains and while appearing for the physical tests during the interview stage you should meet all the physical and other requirements as mandated. Let's discuss these in detail.

There are no special requirements for appearing for the IPS exam as it is part of the Civil Services examination. So if you fulfill the criteria for civil services exams you, by default, qualify for IPS exams as well. To be eligible for the civil services exams:

You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and not more than 30 years of age (various relaxations are available for different categories).
You must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Candidates who are in the final semester or have taken their final degree exam but are awaiting the results can also appear for the IAS and IPS Preliminary examination provided they furnish their proof of degree while filling the Mains form.

Special requirement for IPS and IAS:

For these two services a candidate MUST be a citizen of India. Whereas for other services the citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, a Tibetan refugee who migrated to India after 1st January 1962, or persons of Indian origin from the countries mentioned in the notification can also apply.
Special Physical Requirements for IPS

As mentioned earlier candidates appearing for the personality test on clearing the civil services mains exam have to meet certain physical requirements to be eligible for IPS.

Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm for Women (minimum height is relaxable to 160 and 145 cm for Men and Women respectively in the case of candidates belonging to ST and to races such as Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals etc.)
Min Chest girth fully expanded: 84 cm for Men and 79 cm for Women. Expansion of 5 cm for Men and Women.
Total amount of Myopia (including the cylinder) should not exceed minus 4.00 D and total amount of Hypermetropia (including the cylinder) should not exceed plus 4.00 D
Presence of Squint is a disqualification
8th December 2011, 12:55 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to become an IAS officer in future..
IAS is an administrative job.. The exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility for IAS exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.Age should be in between 21-30 years..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill..

As you have done 12th only, then go for graduation course.
After completion of graduation you can apply for IAS exam.

All the best.
8th December 2011, 01:09 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to become an IPS officer in future..

Then you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria..

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.
2.Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.. For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.
3.Final year candidate can also appear in IPS exam.
4.Candidate must be physically fit.

these are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you have done 12th , then go for graduation course first..After completion of graduation course you can apply for IPS exam.
All the best.
28th January 2012, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

my date of birht is01/01/1994 and eligibility date of NDA is 2 jan 1994. can i get relaxation in age to apply in exam
30th March 2012, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

sir i m average in 12th sci(bio) im become a ips officer how can i complite it..??
25th April 2012, 02:42 AM
srinivas933

after completion of 12th you are not eligible because the minimum educational qualification is graduation.
Eligibility;
Candidate must have
complete the graduation in
any trade.
Age limits is 21 to 30years.
12th May 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

i want to become IPS officer. my situation is too muchh criticaall..plss help me plssssssss
25th May 2012, 07:03 PM
josit mathew

sir.i amjosit mathew of class 12th (sci).i want to become an ips officer.please inform me what will i do for m career?
1st June 2012, 03:25 PM
mahesh chandra kushwah

Smile i want to become of ips officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmsri View Post
Hi friend,

To become an IPS officer you must clear an conducted by Union Public Service Commission of INDIA. To apply for the examination the education qualification required is a all cleared graduation, Which means you must be a graduate to become an IPS officer and your age must be above 21yrs and below 30yrs.

So i can suggest you to do a degree course which you think you can clear all subjects easily. So that you can prepare for the IPS exam also at the same time.
please sir tell me detail ki main kya karu ki mai ips officer ban sku? please sir my ID is [email protected]
please sir sent kar do ki mujhe kya karna chahiye?
27th September 2012, 10:12 AM

i am student of B.a 1st year what can i do sir in IPS examinon. i want to became ips officer how can i appy form
Attached Files
File Type: doc Bio data.doc(27.5 KB, 255 views)
28th September 2012, 04:02 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hello!!!
Dear!!!
Its really sounds good, you want to serve the nation, I appreciate it. But I would like to inform you, you are not eligible yet for this civil service examination, through which one can apply for IAS(INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) & IPS (INDIAN POLICE SERVICE).
This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year.

As the educational requirement for appear in this exam, you must have to complete your graduation in any stream, but from a recognized college.

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear-

1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW

CSAT exam pattern-

MAINS EXAM PATTERN-

Age limit-
21-30 years or the general candidate,
21-33 years for the obc candidates,
21-35 years for the sc\st candidates..

Physical requirements-

Thank you!!!
~~gamble
28th September 2012, 06:32 PM
tvidyasagar82

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs )

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination.

Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination

thanking you........
6th October 2012, 08:16 PM
suraj391

HELLO
brother in this way u can simple but u hvaae 2 work hard

To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year bu applying and appearing the examination.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IPS Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should maintain the minimum Physical requirements such as:-

HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm whikle SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-85cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The civil Service exam can be applied through both off line and on line mode by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on tohttp://www.upsc.gov.in
6th October 2012, 08:21 PM
suraj391

hi
hello
friends,
To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year bu applying and appearing the examination.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IPS Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should maintain the minimum Physical requirements such as:-

HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm whikle SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-85cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The civil Service exam can be applied through both off line and on line mode by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on tohttp://www.upsc.gov.in
26th January 2013, 11:45 AM
mayankt

Hi,
As far as How to become an IPS Officer after the completion of 12th Science is concern its doesn't matter what Stream you have the only thing matter and that is you should have graduation degree from recognised university
According to your qualification right now you are not eligible for this
But after graduation or even in final year you can apply for civil services exam
If you want to become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit
Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

Good Luck...
26th January 2013, 04:19 PM
SHARIB IZHAR

Hello dear,

To appear for the entrance test i.e., Civil services examination you must have a graduation degree. You can't take part in exam after finishing 12th board.
the candidates who are persuing degree course are also eligible.

The age of the the aspirant should not exceed than 30 years. For, OBC candidates, the limitation is 21-33 years and for SC/ST candidates it is 21-35 years.

For more information regarding this exam, kindly visit----
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck....
26th January 2013, 06:41 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA- Graduate (in any stream) , final year graduation students can also appear.

AGE LIMIT-
GENERAL- 21<aspirant<30

SC/ST:
relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
relaxation up to a maximum of 3 years.

ATTEMPTS- A general category candidate is given 4 chances, OBC's 7 and SCs/STs no limits.
26th January 2013, 11:14 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
For becoming an IPS officer, you will have to give the civil services paper. for this,first you’ll have to go into the college and get graduated because the eligibility of giving the civil services exam is that you should be a graduate in any stream from a recognized indian university and your age should be in between 21-30 years of age. The number of timmes you can attempt for the exam is 4.
This is the information for the general categry students.
For obc- age limit 21-33 years and number of attempts=7
for sc/st- age limit 21-35 years and there is no restriction for giving the exam,
for more details, you can go to the website
www.upsc.gov.in
gud luck
27th March 2013, 04:41 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

General category:

SC/ST:

OBC:

12th November 2013, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

which subjects should be taken during graduation for better results?
27th February 2014, 01:08 AM
Ishant nigam

sir.i am ishant nigam of class 12th (sci).i want to become an ips officer.please inform me what will i do for m career?
25th April 2014, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir, I am Anukool kumar of class 12th (science non-medical). I want to become an ips officer. I am no more intelligent. So what is a root for complete aim. Please sir reply fast.
15th June 2015, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,
I VIJEET RAUT, I m a 12th science student taken plain science (PCMB), now I m in 12th. After 12th my sir says that first do agriculture this will help your father because my father has a business of PEST CONTROL, and then do MPSC and UPSC.
I M confused
is this is correct way
plz tell
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?