23rd November 2012, 06:47 AM
Unregistered

How can I apply for Income tax officer? What is the syllabus? I am a civil diploma holder

helo sir m civil diploma holder then now i want a income tax officer so can i apply for income tex syllabus plz tell me the income tex course eligibity plz..............

3rd September 2014, 10:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Income tax officer? What is the syllabus? I am a civil diploma holder

For becoming an Income Tax officer you to need to apply for Combined Graduate Level Exam which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission.

You are not eligible for SSC CGL because you are just a Diploma holder and education required for this exam is Graduation in any stream from a recognized University. Hence, you should get admission int Graduation level course and after passing you will be eligible for Income Tax Officer exam which is Combined Graduate Level Exam.

The age limit for this exam is 18 to 27 years for General Category and there is age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for Physically handicapped candidates.

The selection is on merit and you have to appear for an examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission. The questions will be objective type in nature from subjects like Reasoning, English, Maths and General Knowledge. There will be negative marking for wrong answers. You need to attempt carefully to avoid deduction in marks.

For more information visit http://ssc.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?