28th October 2011, 08:57 AM
avdheshrajpoot

Can I appear for IAS Exam being a candidate of BE from IT?

i am a BE student it's from information technology can i prepare ias exam actually ias is my dream please give me an advice

28th October 2011, 12:16 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam being a candidate of BE from IT?

You did not mention whether you are a candidate of pursuing BE in Information Technology or completed BE in Information Technology. However, here is the eligibility criteria to appear for civil services exam through which one can become IAS.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation from a recognized university with any of the stream.
-Candiates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the results can also appear for this exam.
-There is no percentage criteriat at all in Graduation to be eligible for this exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

The selection procedure is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

If you fulfill this eligibility criteria, you can appear for civil services exam.

For this academic year, UPSC has conducted the civil services examination. If you are interested, you can appear for upcoming civil services examination which is going to be conducted in the next academic year.

Choose the optional subjects now itself and start preparation. Before that you need to crack CSAT Exam. So, concentrate on Aptitude, General knowledge and General Awareness to crack the exam.

For more information on CSAT Exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
upsc.gov.in
28th October 2011, 01:06 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
UPSC conducts exams for admitting the aspirants for the post IAS in areas of vacancies in India . To apply for the exam one need to satisfy the minimum requirement for the exam which includes the following
1. Bachelor degree in any discipline
2. Final year aspirant can also apply
3. The minimum age for applying for the exam is 21
4. The aspirant will be prevented from writing if the age is above 30. For the general category and the age is relaxable upto 33 for obc category and 35 for st, sc and ex servicemen.
If you are persuing your degree you can apply in your final year or if you have completed means you can apply now also .
Aspirant need to be have knowledge regarding the restriction in the number of attempts. No restriction for sc and st . General candidate can attempt only 4 times . For obc it is 7 times.
All the best
28th October 2011, 01:17 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam being a candidate of BE from IT?

Hi Dear
Yes, you could apply for IAS exam.

Criteria for IAS Exam:-

*Candidate pass graduation.
*Must be an INDIAN
*AGE-21 to 30 years
Age relaxation for SC/ST candidate =5years
OBC candidate=3 years

In IAS exam there is 2 section
1)Preliminary exam
2)Final exam

In preliminary 2papers are there like
1)General knowledge
2)Optional paper-choose by candidates from some selected paper that will give by UPSC.

in every year January the exam date is declraed you can see this website:-

[IMG]www.upsc.gov.in[/IMG]

Best of Luck.............
28th October 2011, 01:36 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdheshrajpoot View Post
i am a BE student it's from information technology can i prepare ias exam actually ias is my dream please give me an advice
Dear Friend,

The eligibility criteria for the IAS examination is that the candidate must be a graduate from a recognized institution and the age of the candidate must be between 21 years to 30 years.Age relaxation is given to the SC/ST and OBC candidate as par govt. rules.

You have not clearly mentioned whether you have passed B.E or you are pursuing B.E.

If you have done B.E then you are quite eligible for the IAS examination or if you are pursuing B.E then you will become eligible after completing the course.

Best wishes.....
28th October 2011, 03:04 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Of course ,
Sir,
you can appear for this civil service examination, conducted by UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION).
because, the minimum eligibility criteria for apply in this examination is , A candidate must posses graduation degree from a recognized college, what ever may the stream is ...

the age limit for this exam is,
21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,.

this civil service examination has three stages-
1.CSAT,
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW..

No. of attempts-
4 for the general candidates,
7 for the obc (non- creamy layer)
no such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,.
28th October 2011, 03:51 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Of course,you are eligible to apply for the IAS exam, usually known as civil service exam. A graduate in any discipline is eligible to apply for the exam.
The minimum eligible age is 21 years.
The maximum age limit is 30 years for candidates belonging to general category, 33 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 35 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St category.

To qualify the civil service exam, you will have to do well in every stage of the exam,which are as follows:
Preliminary exam also known as civil service aptitude test
Main exam
Interview
6th November 2011, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Can a candidate after completing BSCITLE from a recognised university appear for upsc exam.
6th January 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

after completing BSCITLE form a recognised like Punjab Technical University institution can we appear for IAS exam
5th February 2012, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

I am b.a. Final student my age 21 and i am obc catagry can i fullfil ias form
12th May 2012, 12:10 AM
Radhakrishna143

Hi Dear
Yes, you could apply for IAS exam. Criteria for IAS Exam:- *Candidate pass graduation.
*Must be an INDIAN
*AGE-21 to 30 years
Age relaxation for SC/ST candidate =5years
OBC candidate=3 years In IAS exam there is 2 section
1)Preliminary exam
2)Final exam In preliminary 2papers are there like
1)General knowledge
2)Optional paper-choose by candidates from
some selected paper that will give by UPSC. in every year January the exam date is declraed
you can see this website:- [IMG]www.upsc.gov.in[/IMG] Best of Luck.............
12th May 2012, 10:04 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for IAS exam being a candidate of Be in IT provided you are a Graduate with fulfilling other eligibility criteria.

IAS -INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer you have to appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST-PRELIMINARY EXAM

CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM

PERSONAL INTERVIEW

As you are a candidate of BE in IT after completion of Graduation you are eligible to apply for Civil Service exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th August 2012, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

I am final year student persuing my B.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering. am I eligible to give exam of IAS dis year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?