5th October 2012, 12:41 PM
ekta_sharma7777

How to be an IAS officer? I am a 1st year student

Sir/mam
i am a 1st year student..and i want to be an IAS officer..but i want to know that can i apply for IAS if am studiying from ignou...

8th October 2012, 06:24 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to be an IAS officer? I am a 1st year student

Graduation in any discipline is the minimum educational qualification for the IAS Exam. Those who have completed graduation from IGNOU are also eligible to apply for this exam. They have to apply for Civil service Exam conducted by UPSC. Minimum age for application is 21 years. The candidates have 4 attempts to clear the exam and also they have to clear the same before they turn 30 years.
8th October 2012, 08:15 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I have written about it many times earlier that completing graduation from IGNOU will not be the issue. It does not matter whether you have completed graduation from distance mode or regular mode, you can still appear for the Civil Service Exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The IAS officers play important part in implementing state government policies on the district level. Not only IAS officer implements the policies of state government but also ensures that everything is being done smoothly by consistently traveling to places where policy is being implemented.

IAS officer also has to ensure that public fund is being utilized properly. The IAS officer also has a say in matters related to the policy. In fact he/she helps government draft the policy. During the elections on Municipal and Panchayat level, it becomes the responsibility of IAS officer to ensure security arrangements.

Eligibility

1. You must be of Indian Origin.

2. A minimum of bachelor degree in any stream.

3. The age limit for IAS is 21 to 30 years as on August 1 of examination year.

4. The age limit for OBC is 33 years.

5. SC/ST are given 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminay Exam

2) Main Exam

Attempts

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - No limit

The details of the Civil Service Examination is published during the month of November and December while the Preliminay exam takes place next year in May.
8th October 2012, 09:42 PM
W.Daniel

Location: H.NO:-3-5-75-/A,sainik nagar,(vil)-sangareddy,(m)-sangareddy,(Dist)-Medak,(state)-Andhra pradesh
Smile Re: How to be an IAS officer? I am a 1st year student

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekta_sharma7777 View Post
Sir/mam
i am a 1st year student..and i want to be an IAS officer..but i want to know that can i apply for IAS if am studiying from ignou...
if u wanna become a IAS officer u must have a degree which is qualified by any university/board. after getting of your degree you should apply for the group exam to get eligibility into IAS. if you are sc/st religion than you must have the age limit of (21-23) years or if you are OBC catogery than u must have the age limit of 21-33 years.

If you are failed in the first atempt of IAS entrance exam than you can try for the another atempt (as per their categories)that is for general category there are 4 atempts, for obc category there are 10 atempts and for sc category there are unlimited atempts.

The civil services examinations may be published during the months of november and december.

"THANK YOU"
8th October 2012, 09:59 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekta_sharma7777 View Post
Sir/mam
ias stand for indian adminstrative service .which is conducted by upsc..union public service comission..
eligibility for these exam is condidate pass there degree course with minimum 55%. general candidate mostly appear only 4 times at the age of 30 years..obc sc st have 5 years age relaxation.and sc st have no limit.....
8th October 2012, 10:58 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
As you are interested to for IAS officer , I am providing you the details eligibility criteria for IAS exam:

*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs,
There is a relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.
*The No.Of attempt:
General category :4 times
OBC: 7 Times.
SC/ST : Unlimited.

The IAS exam Pattern :

For more details visit official website of UPSC ,As it conduct this exam.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.........
23rd December 2012, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

which institute is best for general studies coaching in delhi
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?