23rd March 2011, 01:05 PM
Vinay.R

How to become an IPS officer for 3rd year engineering student? Eligibility and procedure?

I am presently doing engineering 3year 6th sem. My aim is to become an IPS officier i wanted to no the eligibality and terms to be followed.

23rd March 2011, 01:39 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer for 3rd year engineering student? Eligibility and procedure?

Hello,

3rd year engineering student are not eligibile for IPS examination.

IPS (Indian Police Service or Indian Postal Service) examinations are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Educational Eligibility: -

1. Pass graduation / Bachelor’s degree in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivqlent from a recognised institute / university.

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply.

Age Limit for IPS Exam are as follows: -

1. For General Candidates = 21 Years to 30 Years
2. For OBC Candidates = 21 Years to 33 Years and
3. For SC / ST Candidates = 21 Years to 35 Years

NOTE: - For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in

Good Wishes & Good Luck
23rd March 2011, 01:40 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer for 3rd year engineering student? Eligibility and procedure?

IPS Exam Criteria In Brief !!!
To become an IPS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam. So lets see the Eligibility criteria in Details.

Educational Qualification:-
Must hold a degree of any Discipline from any Recognized University.

Age Limits:-
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.(This is For IAS 2011 & For Next year Exam it will be different )

Attempts:-
For General Category :- only 4 times.
For SC/ST:- Any Time under the Above age Limits.
For OBC:- Only 7 times.

Quote:
I am presently doing engineering 3year 6th sem. My aim is to become an IPS officier i wanted to no the eligibality and terms to be followed.
As seeing from above Criteria You are Not Eligible because as you have Not completed your Engineering. On 8th Semester you can Apply for IPS i.e Civil Service Exam.

Wait for just One year till that time Go for hard preparation, So that in a first attempt you will Crack it.

& You are Limited to only above Mentioned attempts for particular Category Only
23rd March 2011, 01:47 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

It is good that you want to become an IPS officer.

Look to become an IPS, you need to appear for the Civil Service Exam, conducted by the UPSC every year.

Eligibility Conditions:

1.Age Limit:

Candidate must have attained minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August of the year of the exam.

Also Upper Age limit is 30 years(relaxations for SC/ST,OBC accordingly to government rules).

2.Educational Qualifications:

A Graduate in any field can apply for the exam.
Also, students in the final year of the course which qualifies them as graduates can apply.

3.Maximum Permissible Attempts:

General:4
OBC:7
SC/ST:No limit.

However, Id like to inform you that the Civil Service 2011 examinations will be conducted on the 12th June,2011.
The last dates for applying was 21st March,2011.

So as you see the dates have gone by, hence, you cannot apply anymore this year.
However, you can apply next year if you fulfill the mentioned eligibility conditions.
23rd March 2011, 02:34 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To become IPS officer, you need to take the civil service examination conducted by UPSC. The examination comprises of three stages-
Preliminary exam (CSAT)
Main examination
Interview

You have to clear all the three stages and secure a good rank to make it to IPS.
Apart from the examination and interview, you will also have to clear an additional physical test.

The minimum educational qualification required for the exam is a bachelors degree from a recognized university. The minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years (with relaxation of upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC's)

The examination is held at various centres across the country.
For further information, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
23rd March 2011, 05:09 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts per year civil service exam for the selection of IAS/IPS.

Board selects candidate after interview.

Essential eligiblity for IPS

1.Educational eligiblity:-Graduation frm a recognised university.
2.age:-21 to 30
3.Minimum Physical Standard

The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc. I shall give a detailed a/c of this sometime.
Services are divided into technical and non-technical. Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization. The Medical standards for Technical Services are stringent.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

(Those can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)

Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.

(I know some people who have cleared this exam during the second Medical Test, i.e. after the Medical Exam conducted after the declaration of Final result)

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

You can apply either online or offline.
23rd March 2011, 09:01 PM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

Hi
Age Limit:21-30 Years
Degree With Any Discipline From Recognized University
Candidate Can Attempt Four Consecutive Attempts

Prepare Previous Solved Papers and Refer Competition Refresher and Competition Success Review

All The Best
23rd March 2011, 09:13 PM
SUNNY PRAKASH

Smile Re: How to become an IPS officer for 3rd year engineering student? Eligibility and procedure?

To become an IPS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.
You will have to appear in UPSC exam.

Age Limits:-
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.

ALL THE BEST................
23rd March 2011, 09:41 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

How to become an IPS officer for 3rd year engineering student? Eligibility and procedure?

You are not Eligible For Civil Service Examination.Wait

for just one year then apply for Civil service Examination.

Eligibility Criteria :

Age limits : 21 - 30 yrs.

The candidate must possess a bachelor's degree from any recognized

university.Those in the final year of a degree course can also Eligible.General

candidates for four attempts,OBC candidates for seven attempts and There is

no restriction on the number of attempts in the case of SC/ST candidates.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2011, 07:13 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to become an IPS officer for 3rd year engineering student? Eligibility and procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay.R View Post
Procedure to become an IPS officer

To become an IPS officer you have to give the civil service examination.
This examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. The candidate
should require the following eligibility criteria for the civil service
examination.

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
Candidate should require a degree in any discipline from a
recognized university.
Candidate appear in the final year examination are also eligible
to apply for the civil service examination.

AGE LIMIT
To apply for the civil service examination your age should
be between 21 to 30 years.

ATTEMPTS
The number of given to different category candidates
is mentioned below:

General Category :- 4 times.
SC/ST:- No limit.
OBC:- 7 times.
24th March 2011, 08:52 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

To become IPS officer,You need to give UPSC civil services exams conducted every year.
Educational qualification required for this is Graduation degree from a recognized University.

So as per educational criteria you should complete your graduation degree to appear for UPSC IPS exam.

Eligibility criteria in details for UPSC IPS exam:
Educational Qualifications for IPS :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, in which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts
04 attempts for open, 07 for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

Physical fitness criteria For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.
Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

For more details about UPSC IPS EXAM,please refer to the website:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2011, 08:53 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Eligibility Criteria For IPS Exam :
The minimum educational qualification for IPS exam is graduation in any
stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation student are also eligible for IPS exam.
Age Criteria :
For general category the age must be between 21 to 30 years.
For OBC category the age must be between 21 to 33 years.
For SC/ST/PD category the age must be between 21 to 35 years.
If you are studying in the 3rd year of Engineering then
you are not eligible for IPS exam. You can apply for IPS exam in the final year of B.Tech (8th semester). IPS exam is conducted by UPSC in every
year. If you want to get any more information then please see the official
website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2011, 10:26 PM
kunal4win

3rd year engineering student
are not eligibile for IPS
examination. IPS (Indian Police Service or
Indian Postal Service)
examinations are conducted by
UPSC (Union Public Service
Commission). Educational Eligibility: - 1. Pass graduation / Bachelor’ s degree in any subject or in any
engineering stream or equivqlent
from a recognised institute /
university. NOTE: - Final year appearing
candidates can also apply. Age Limit for IPS Exam are as
follows: - 1. For General Candidates = 21
Years to 30 Years
2. For OBC Candidates = 21 Years
to 33 Years and
3. For SC / ST Candidates = 21
Years to 35 Years NOTE: - For more details &
updated information visit
www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2011, 10:55 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

FOR IPS
Minimum education criteria = Graduate

He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.and there is exemption of 3 years of OBC and 5 years for SC/ST...

and even a student in final year student can also apply...
Yes,you can join for IPS exam as any Graduate from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS.
He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

UPSC conduct CIVILSERVICE exam for top service like IAS,IPS,IFS and for other government jobs.Even this onwards the pattern of exam also changed as it doesnot have any special subject and the paper will be same for all the candidates.

CSAT 2011 exams will be conducted on 12th June. and last date of applying for the same is 21st March...
24th March 2011, 11:17 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Hi,
3rd year engineering student are not eligibile for IPS examination.

IPS (Indian Police Service or Indian Postal Service) examinations are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Educational Eligibility: -

1. Pass graduation / Bachelor’s degree in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivqlent from a recognised institute / university.

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply.

Age Limit for IPS Exam are as follows: -

1. For General Candidates = 21 Years to 30 Years
2. For OBC Candidates = 21 Years to 33 Years and
3. For SC / ST Candidates = 21 Years to 35 Years

NOTE: - For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in
Thanks.
All the best.
24th March 2011, 11:18 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

To become an IPS officer you need to appear in CSAT(earlier it was called prelims exam), the first phase of civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

CSAT eligibility criteria is as follows:

Educational qualification - The candidate must have passed bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Final year candidates can also apply.

Age limit - A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August of the year of exam. The upper age limit will be relaxable in specific cases.

For more details visit: www.upsc.gov.in

Since you are in 3rd year of engineering degree course you are not eligible to apply.
25th March 2011, 05:50 PM
Niklesh92

The eligibility is that u ve to ve a degree..and den u have to write a civil service...xamz...and u shd b 21 - 30 yrs old..
15th April 2011, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

sir ..........
i am doing my enggineering..... but i am having arrera but i will clear... before result coming can i join in any institute for training.... please tell sir waiting for reply
15th April 2011, 10:15 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

IPS Examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

To appear in this exam you should have Graduation degree from a recognized university.

Eligibility criteria for IPS examination:-

Educational Qualifications for IPS :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely:
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science,
Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry
or in Engineering
or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit:

- 21 years must be completed and Maximum 30 on 1st August of the year, for general category,
- 21 to 33 years for OBCs and
-21 to 35 years for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts
- Four attempts for general category
- Seven for OBCs and
- No limit for SCs/STs.

If you satisfy above criteria than you are eligible to apply for IPS.

For Complete details about this exam Please visit official websit of UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in
19th April 2011, 06:21 PM
Manish Kumar Tripathi

If,you are 3rd year engineering student ,then also you can give IPS exam

To become an IPS, you need to appear for the Civil Service Exam, conducted by the UPSC every year.

Eligibility Conditions:

1.Age Limit:

Candidate must have attained minimum 21 years of age as on 1st August of the year of the exam.

Also Upper Age limit is 30 years(relaxations for SC/ST,OBC accordingly to government rules).

2.Educational Qualifications:

A Graduate in any field can apply for the exam.
Also, students in the final year of the course which qualifies them as graduates can apply.

3.Maximum Permissible Attempts:

General:4
OBC:7
SC/ST:No limit.

However, Id like to inform you that the Civil Service 2011 examinations will be conducted on the 12th June,2011.
The last dates for applying was 21st March,2011.

As you see the dates for filling up application gone, hence, you cannot apply anymore this year.
However, you can apply next year if you fulfill the mentioned eligibility conditions.
12th January 2012, 09:25 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

No, 3rd year Engineering is not possible for IPS graduation is required.

IPS(Indian Police Service) officer. The IPS exam is conducted by UPSC(union public service commission).

* Candidates should be the citizen of India.
* Candidates should complete graduation from recognized university.
* You should have age limit within 21 to 30 years.
* For OBC category age limit 21 to 33 years
* For SC/ST category age limit 21 to 35 years.
* Final year candidates are also eligible.

Attempts:

* For general - 4 attempts
* For OBC - 7 attempts
* For SC/ST - No limit

Procedure:

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview

Best wishes
13th January 2012, 01:30 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you are in 3rd year now, then you are not eligible for IPS exam wright now..

To appear in IPS exam , you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria first.

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.
Final year candidates can also apply for IPS exam.
2.candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years, and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

5.Candidate should be physically fit.
These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, first complete your graduation then apply for IPS exam.
All the best.
13th January 2012, 11:10 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear......
IPS exam eligibility criteria are as follows.............

For more details you can visit website of upsc.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck..................
13th January 2012, 11:18 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
After graduation/Engineering you can apply for I.P.S exam.
I.P.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam(Preliminary):- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)
Date of exam(Mains):- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?