3rd August 2013, 12:26 AM
jeeshanalikhan

How can I get placement for Deck Cadet?

sir i complited my dns course from indian maritime university,chennai,and i also complited gmdss course,now i have indian cdc so i am looking for job for deck cadet...just give me some help how to get placement as soon as possible,my gmail id is [email protected]

28th July 2017, 11:03 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I get placement for Deck Cadet?

You can apply for Deck Cadet after completion of courses DNS (Diploma In Nautical Science) and GMDSS. Many shipping companies and companies related marine services offer the job of Deck Cadet. Before finding jobs, You should prepare yourself for entrance test and interview. You need to understand the interview carried out to test your aptitude and abilities. Before going to interview, You should know everything pertain to merchant navy. You should know basics of marine technical knowledge, safety and prevention and have a good communication skills. You can also upgrade your knowledge and skills by pursuing higher study in B.Sc (Nautical Science).

How to Become Deck Cadet
- After DNS (Diploma In Nautical Science), You may get the job of training cadet in shipping company after successful selection.
- After getting 18 months of sea service period, You may appear departmental 2nd Mate Exam and can become a 2nd Officer after clearing it.
- After getting further sea service period, You can appear further advance tests and can become Chief Officer after clearing it.

Career Scope After DNS and GMDSS Courses
These are the very good job oriented courses. After completion of these, You can build your career in merchant navy sectors. You may also take up jobs in Cruise Ships as well.

Top Recruiters In India
- Gujarat Pipavav
- GE Shipping
- Shreyas Shipping
- ABG Shipyard
- Essar Shipping
- Marcator Ltd.
- Chowgule Steam
- Global Offshore
- Bharati Shipyard
17th March 2018, 07:19 AM
Somyarathore
Member+

Default Re: How can I get placement for Deck Cadet?

The Cadet Educational Programme provides you with comprehensive grounding for your work at sea, and for professional life within
Earth Ocean Shipping Pvt. Ltd. You will gain theoretical and practical insight into navigation, safety, cargo operations, leadership and management, swimming, physical drills, workshop training, rope and mast climbing, life saving, fire fighting exercises and ship visits etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?