31st January 2012, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

How can I give IPS Exam being a candidate having passed in 12th class?

I am in 12 exam passed an how can i am give the ips exam

31st January 2012, 11:39 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I give IPS Exam being a candidate having passed in 12th class?

There is no separate Entrance Exam like IPS Exam to be placed in IPS or to join as IPS officer. There is a single Entrance Exam by cracking which you can be placed in any of the civil services like
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Revenue Service etc.

The common written exam is civil services examiantion which is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The selection procedure which you have to go through to become IPS officer is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

The minimum academic qualification that a candidate need to have in order to be eligible for this exam is Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

So, you are not eligible to appear for civil services examination soon after completion of your 12th class.

But, I suggest you to prepare for this Exam from the first year of your Graduation. It would be better if you join in any of the famous coaching institute to prepare for this exam.

Try to be strong enough in General Awareness, General English and Quantitative Aptitude by the time you complete your Graduation.

Choose the optional subjects for civil services main examination in accrodance with your stream in the Graduation.

High level competition is there for civil services exam. So, you need to have strong preparation towards the Exam in order to overcome this competition. So, try to have good preparation.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
31st January 2012, 11:56 AM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

Default Re: How can I give IPS Exam being a candidate having passed in 12th class?

Eligibility Criteria :

1.Age limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year,

2.Qualification

you should be PG

3.Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.

The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.
31st January 2012, 12:11 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS- INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to be an IPS officer you have to complete your graduation degree course and appear for the Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age group of 21 to 30 years of age.

The selection is through three stages:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary exam comprises of all objective type of questions.

Civil Service Main Examination comprises of all subjective type of questions.

Personal Interview.

To crack Civil Service exam is tough very much hence as you are interested for IPS you should have started your preparation right now so that when you appear for Civil Service exam after graduation you will get ample time to prepare your self for the most prestigious exam.

For more information you may log on to the official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
1st February 2012, 12:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 12 exam passed an how can i am give the ips exam

Sorry to say that after 12th standard you are not applicable for IPS exam.The minimum qualification for IAS exam is graduate.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
Also you must be citizen of India.

EXAM PATTERN FOR IPS EXAM

PHYSICAL CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

For more details about IPS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
18th April 2012, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

hello...
I am presently working as sub-inspector of police in hyd. can i try for ips, and will thr any better chance of getting into that?
18th April 2012, 03:11 PM
Rajgour

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam--
Age- 21-30 year.
Qualification-graduation with any stream from any recognized university.
.Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.
24th April 2012, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

how can we apply ssc 12 after 12 class
24th April 2012, 07:40 PM
srinivas933

Hi.

IPS (Indian Police Service) the exam is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
=> The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.
=> Final year candidates are also eligible.
=> Age limits is 21 years to 30 years, 3 years age relaxation for the OBC candidates, 5 years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.
=> Candidate should be citizen of india.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :
* Preliminary exam,
* Main exam,
* Interview.

For more details check visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?