18th May 2012, 09:09 AM
KAMLESH JADHAM

How can I improve my English language?

i am very weak in english language & hw to i can improve it ?

16th July 2012, 11:23 AM
deepreddyk

Thumbs up Re: How can I improve my English language?

english is the basis of communication and hence it is very important to have good english speaking skills no matter what kind of job you do...english can be improved by reading english news papers daily,try reading good novels which will help you in your vocabulary,if your not interested in reading novels you can atleast watch english sitcoms in z-cafe and star world which will also help you...
2nd November 2012, 10:29 AM

Default Re: How can I improve my English language?

the following way you can improve your english
1) read news paper reguallary
2)watch english movie with sub title
3)read grammer books if u have time
4) try to know the meanig of things.. words etc
follow the above steps
its very usefull
thanks
2nd November 2012, 03:10 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

There are lots of ways to improve your English speaking power. If you are expensive for that issue, you can join any good institute to learn English or you can approach to any person that you know, who knows English very well specially accents for personal care of your English language. If you have money problem then gather good english magazine or books to read everyday at least 30 minutes with quality time. Try to store stock of words. Watch English good movie or documentary films and collect new words and store in your brain. It is better to talk with yourself in front of mirror in English even it is wrong. Try talk in english with your close mate even there are grammatical errors.

Try to write english essay or story. Try and familiarize yourself with the phonetic symbols of your dictionary. Look up the correct pronunciation of words that are hard for you to say. Listen to the music of English. And last but not least record your own voice and listen for pronunciation mistakes.
2nd November 2012, 07:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

The only way you can improve your English is through showing interest in English language.

Don't ignore English language if you want to improve your English.

Most of the people prefer reading Hindi newspaper over English if their English is not good.

But without reading English language you will not get use to English language.

You must make a habit of reading newspaper like times of India or Hindustan times everyday.

Listen to daily news bulletin on a good English news channel.

Whatever you read should be in English language . If you know Hindi then you you should now learn English and for that develop interest in English .

You can have a practice book in English like "Word Power Made Easy" . This book will increase your vocabulary if you practice it everyday.

Try to write a diary entry in English every day in the night about the things that happened with you.

Writing a diary entry will improve your English writing skills.

These things were told by my English teacher when i was in school .

BEST OF LUCK....
2nd November 2012, 09:12 PM
admin1234*

Thumbs up Re: How can I improve my English language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMLESH JADHAM View Post
i am very weak in english language & hw to i can improve it ?
Hi Kamlesh, My first recommendation for you would be to read as many newspapers and english magazines you can. Secondly, to practice your pronunciation, look at english news daily. Try reading the headlines that come at the bottom of the screen and also, listen to the way their pronounce. A way of increasing your vocabulary is to check any five random words in the dictionary, their meanings and pronunciations. It definitely helps even the best of english speakers. Before all this, try to sit with a friend who is fluent with basic rules of grammar or try taking an english class so that you get familiar with the subject first and follow these steps to better your english. All the Best..!!
3rd November 2012, 11:34 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Improve English Language :

Observe the month movements of those who speak English well & try to imitate them

Until you learn the correct intonation & rhythm of English , sllow your speech down

Listen to the Music of English

Use the Dictionary

Make a list of frequently used words that you find difficult to pronounce & ask someone who speaks the language well to pronounce them for you

Buy books on tape

Pronounce the ending of each word

Read aloud in English for 15 to 2 min every day

Record your own voice & listen for pronunciation mistakes

Be patient

3rd November 2012, 11:37 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend......

There are many things that you can do to improve your english. which ones are best for you will depend on things such as your current English skills, where you live and whether English is your first language.

You can take English clasees in may parts of the world, and there are many other learning toolls such as audio and video recordings, computer programs and books, that you can purchase or even find for free.

One of the best things to do, however, is to read, write and speak English as much as possible. The more your practice the language, the more likely you are to improve your English.

I guess that the best way to improve your spoken language is to practice it. You would ask me how to practice English. I would say try to speak English as much as possible.

try to find and make friends who speak English. For Example, you may find a friend of yours who is interested in English. Do not miss such a chance and never hesitate to ask him or her to speak in English whenever you are together.

Besides, Nowadays one of speaking tips you can do that (making friend) easily by using some internet programs.

all the best.............

Regards........
Tash
15th November 2012, 12:40 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
Do not worry about it. Being weak in any subject is quite natural. Constant practice is what you need to master the subject. Let me give you some steps that you can follow to be good in English language.
1) Buy Rapidex books on learning English. You will learn the basics as to what is the correct way to speak and what are the incorrect formats in English Language.
2)Buy quite a few English Classic novels. The English sentences there are very authentic and it will make your vocabulary even strong.
3)Follow English News Channels very minutely, to know the correct accent to speak and the correct pronunciation to speak.
4)Last but not the least practice speaking the language yourself to correct your own mistakes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?