30th June 2011, 11:59 PM
mobin0001

How can I improve my English Language skills for SBI PO exam?

hello sir/madam how can i improve my english language skills for sbi po exams?

4th November 2011, 01:58 PM
swapan100
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I improve my English Language skills for SBI PO exam?

dear friend,

if you are really interested to improve your English then try to read newspaper daily ,
talk with your friends and your family in English,
try to create a Environment of English then you can Easily learn English if you are serious in these things within 2 months
so
best of luck.
4th November 2011, 02:00 PM
swapan100
Senior Member++

dear friend,

if you are really interested to improve your English then try to read newspaper daily ,
talk with your friends and your family in English,
try to create a Environment of English then you can Easily learn English if you are serious in these things within 2 months
so
best of luck.
4th November 2011, 08:20 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
In bank PO recruitment, english is the most important issue.
*Prepare for english language from recognised books like R.S.Aggrawal(non verbal and verbal).
*Read daily english newspaper that will improve your reading skill.
*To improve grammer and vocubulary you can prefer book written by 'Wren & Martin'.
*To understand language skill you should communicate with your nearer in english.
*You may prefer GRE barrons guide,for grammer understanding.
Ok,Best of luck.
24th March 2012, 11:54 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai..
To prepare english for the bank exams you need to follow the below steps.

Read daily news papers and magazines.

Prepare books like R.S.Agarwal book for english, and also search for the good books and prepare well.

Watch english channels to speak well in english

All the best.
13th June 2013, 03:26 PM
Paliyal79

Hi friend
if you want to learn and speak english,then you have to follow these steps, by following these steps,you can speak english within 2 or 3 months.
1.read any English newspaper daily and note the words and try to translate in Hindi. By reading the newspaper,your grammer and vacubulary increases.
2.try to talk in English. You can speak English with the Customer care to increase your confidence.
Purchase a good quality Dictionary.
Oxford's english to hindi is good.
Read the English words and then translate them in Hindi.
GOOD LUCK
5th August 2020, 10:16 PM
deepikapandey9999

OnePlus 8 5G series on Amazon Prime Day.
Hi, firstly lets quit rating our English. For Indians, English is not a native language so its okay to not have solid verbal or communication skills. Feel proud and happy that you are investing time and energy to learn and master this language.

Going back to your questions, I would highly recommend that you start improving your vocabulary. Rest should follow automatically - confidence, sentence construction, word choice, comprehension, grammar etc.

Here are few regular activities you could do to improve your vocabulary;

1. The humble newspaper or televised news - The newspaper offers a great source of vocabulary. When you locate a word which strikes your interest, read the sentence and understand the context in which the word was used. Then google it to understand the meaning and its usage. And dont limit yourself to words alone, try to look at phrases, idioms, etc. All these can also help improve your vocabulary.

2. Repository - You need to write these words down in a notebook or word document along with the meaning so that you can refer when in doubt and familiarize yourself.

3. Practice - Now is the time to test the waters. Lets say you identified 10 words today. Try to use a couple of them in your daily conversations. This will boost your confidence, improve your conversational skills and make this learning even more exciting. Now move on to use these words in your emails or written communication.

4. Cue Cards - You can either borrow them from a friend who has attended GRE/ TOEFL/ CAT examinations. Training institutes usually provide cue cards for different sets of vocabulary ranging from level medium to very high. If you havent got a friend, try reading them online or seek help from any local institute.

5. Games, Puzzles, Quizzes - As silly as it sounds, trust me when you make learning fun the results are amplified as your brain is better engaged. Try playing word building games, solving crossword puzzles, playing Scrabble. All these are efficient in enhancing the potential of your vocabulary. Its also a great exercise for the mind. You can also note down the new words you will learn from these games.

6. Online or Book Thesaurus/ Dictionary - Keeping this handy always helps you to instantly refer to the word and know the meaning right away.

I dont know what level you are at currently, but the above mentioned activities should help you not matter which level from start from - Beginner to Intermediate to Advanced. This curriculum helped me a lot since I was a kid and continues to help me. Please remember that your sentence construction, diction, vocabulary and word choice can really help you during a difficult conversation, debate, group discussion, official meetings or negotiation. Thats how you can make your point heard across the table and be noticed for being the star. Time to get started.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?