18th August 2017, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

How Can I Join IAF after Completing my B.A.?

I am In The Final Year Of my Graduation (B.A.),And I further wants to join IAF.I Just Want To Know That If I'm Eligible For AFA Through CDSE as I've Completed my 10+2 with PCM Branch and in the notification they've mentioned "any degree with Physics and Maths in 10+2"?

18th August 2017, 07:40 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How Can I Join IAF after Completing my B.A.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am In The Final Year Of my Graduation (B.A.),And I further wants to join IAF.I Just Want To Know That If I'm Eligible For AFA Through CDSE as I've Completed my 10+2 with PCM Branch and in the notification they've mentioned "any degree with Physics and Maths in 10+2"?

If you want to join Indian air force after completing graduation, then best procedure to apply for Air force is through CDS(Combined Defence Services) exam carried out by UPSC twice in a year. Here below are details regarding CDS exam:-

Eligibility Requirement:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for CDS exam is graduation from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks.

>> Age limit to apply for CDS exam is 20 to 23 years.

>> Both male and female candidates are allowed to apply for CDS exam.

>> Applying candidate should be unmarried.

>> Applying candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

>> Applying candidate must have good eye sight and free from any kind of eye defect like night blindness and colour-blindness.

>> Applying candidate must be Indian citizen.

Branches to Join in Indian Air Force after CDS exam:- As a arts student you can apply for ground duty branch in air force and there are three sub branches of ground duty branch and are as follows:-

1). Accounts Branch.

2). Logistics Branch.

3). Administrative Branch.

>> For more details and apply online please visit www.indianairforce.nic.in.
18th August 2017, 08:42 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How Can I Join IAF after Completing my B.A.?

IAF refers to Indian Air force and to join IAF ( Air force Academy, AFA ) through CDSE ( Combined Defense Services Examination ) you need to have completed your bachelor degree course with Physics or Mathematics or any engineering stream as main subject from a recognized university. So being B.A. degree holder you can not join IAF through CDSE.

But you can join Indian Army ( Indian Military Academy ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ) as for these wings of CDS there is no requirement for a particular stream/subject at any level of academics.

Further as you have mentioned that you have completed your Class 12th with Mathematics and Physics then you can join IAF through NDA but for that you need to be an unmarried male candidate with age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

For more details regarding CDSE or NDA examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
18th August 2017, 11:12 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To join Airforce after graduation, aspirant must have completed graduation in any discipline but it is necessary that candidate must have studied mathematics in his or graduation.
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to join Indian Air force through CDS exam.
You are only eligible to appear in CDS exam if you have completed your BA with mathematics.
18th August 2017, 11:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in CDS examination conducted by UPSC. UPSC examination is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in examination for recruitment in Air Force is candidate must have passed bachelor degree with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 or have Bachelor in Engineering.

The age limit to appear in examination is 20-24 years.

So, if you have above qualification you can appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages Written and SSB. Candidates after qualifying in both stages will be eligible for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th August 2017, 07:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

--> The minimum criteria required for joining Air force Academy ( AFA ) through Combined Defense Services examination ( CDSE ) are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 23 years.

* You must have completed your Bachelor degree with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects in Class 12th from a recognized university. Students having engineering degree are also eligible.

* You must satisfy the Physical fitness requirement of the service for sure.

So having completed your Bachelor's degree with Arts stream and having Mathematics and Physics in your Class 12th you cannot join AFA through CDSE. Apart from this, you can also join Indian Air force ground duty jobs through AFCAT ( Air Force Common Admission Test ).

For details and updates regarding AFCAT you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in where as for details regarding CDSE you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd August 2017, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa ka pyaar View Post
Yes, you are eligible to appear in CDS examination conducted by UPSC. UPSC examination is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in examination for recruitment in Air Force is candidate must have passed bachelor degree with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 or have Bachelor in Engineering.

The age limit to appear in examination is 20-24 years.

So, if you have above qualification you can appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages Written and SSB. Candidates after qualifying in both stages will be eligible for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

I've Completed my B.A. from BHU This Year and Have Completed my 10+2 with Physics and Maths as my main subject from CBSE.And According To Your Information I'm Eligible.Thanx for Helping I was Confused as few people told me that i have to be a science graduate atleast to apply for AFA in CDSE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?