14th May 2015, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Merchant Navy having Diploma in Mechanical?

Iam mdiploma holder mechanical egg. I wont to joing marchand navy i am 22year old . my final year % in diploma is 65 in 6th sem. So,please give how to joning marchant navy

14th May 2015, 07:50 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Merchant Navy having Diploma in Mechanical?

You can join Merchant Navy after having diploma in Mechanical. Diploma is considered as equivalent to 12th standard.

You must consist 50% in your diploma. Your diploma must be approved by AICTE.

Maximum age is 28 years.

Career in Merchant Navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck).
you can go for some Government institutes which are listed below, they are world renowned.
14th May 2015, 11:30 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

It is good to know that you are keen to join merchant navy as your career. Actually, the profession of merchant navy is most lucrative, adventures and joyful. This profession provides the opportunities to go for long voyages across the world. Despite from the long absence from family the popularity of this profession is gaining momentum day by day. As a general rule, the required educational qualification for course in merchant navy is intermediate in any stream. Moreover, candidate must be in the age group of 17 years to 25 years. Both male and female candidates are equally eligible.

Best merchant navy institute are:

* Meritime Engineering Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai
* TS Chanakya, Mumbai
15th May 2015, 01:57 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How can I join Merchant Navy having Diploma in Mechanical?

Merchant Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iam mdiploma holder mechanical egg. I wont to joing marchand navy i am 22year old . my final year % in diploma is 65 in 6th sem. So,please give how to joning marchant navy
Passionate candidates those who aspire to join in Indian Merchant Navy should posses few criteria in terms of educational qualification and age limits. Their responsibility for Indian government is through the ministry of Surface transport.

Eligibility Criteria:
Those candidates who have passed their B.Sc degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering can apply for Navigational and Engineering fields. As you have done Diploma in Mechanical engineering then you can apply for this post. Otherwise those students who have passed only 12th with PCM as subjects can go for Deck cadets.

Regarding Navigating officers, they will be trained in T.S. Chanakya institute. And those who will be able to pass from here will complete first certificate of competency of second Mate and need to go another 3 years of training in Nautical science followed by 1 year of practical training on merchant ship.
15th May 2015, 05:09 AM
shekhartyagi50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No there is only exam for graduation students only

Otherwise all the entries are on the basis of 12th class only

After 12th you can get engineering degree of 4 years or simple training course in merchant navy they offer you all the important need accordingly

And than you might be able to get good salary in merchant navy job opportunities
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?