6th January 2015, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hello Sir/Mam,

I have passed diploma in mechenical engg. Is there any post available for me in Merchant Navy? How to get the job?

Related Questions:
9th January 2015, 07:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

As a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering holder you can undergo Pre-Sea training of 2 years duration to become a Class IV Marine Engineer. After passing this training you will be eligible for job as a marine engineer in various merchant naval ships.

You must have very good physical fitness with good eyesight and color blindness in not acceptable in this field. If you want job in a government merchant naval ships then you have to pass various written and physical tests with pre-sea training.

You can also join B.Sc Nautical Science or B.Tech Marine Engineering courses through LEET (Lateral Engineering Entrance Test). After completion of these course you can apply as Marine Engineer in merchant navy.
9th January 2015, 08:24 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

As you have mentioned that you have passed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and and wish to join Merchant Navy, it will be best for you if you go for 2 years of Pre-Sea Training for Diploma in Marine Engineering.

After passing this exam you can avail a job as a Marine Engineer in various Merchant Navy ships.

For more information regarding Eligibility criteria, course fee, career scopes, open the link mentioned below:

http://http://www.navigatorships.com/mesecondyear.php
9th January 2015, 08:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned that you have passed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and and wish to join Merchant Navy, it will be best for you if you go for 2 years of Pre-Sea Training for Diploma in Marine Engineering.

After passing this exam you can avail a job as a Marine Engineer in various Merchant Navy ships.

For more information regarding Eligibility criteria, course fee, career scopes, open the link mentioned below:

http://http://www.navigatorships.com/mesecondyear.php
9th January 2015, 08:56 PM
coolshaaz

Since, you have completed your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you can join the Merchant Navy by fulfilling the following criteria:

1. You should have passed your diploma course with minimum of 50% marks from any recognized University.

2. You have to appear in Entrance Exam.

3. You need to clear JEE Main and JEE Advanced to go for Merchant navy.

4. You can also appear for the entrance exams that various Maritime Institutes conduct for the intake of candidates.

5. The admission process consists of interview and an entrance exam.
9th January 2015, 08:57 PM
coolshaaz

Since, you have completed your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you can join the Merchant Navy by fulfilling the following criteria:

1. You should have passed your diploma course with minimum of 50% marks from any recognized University.

2. You have to appear in Entrance Exam.

3. You need to clear JEE Main and JEE Advanced to go for Merchant navy.

4. You can also appear for the entrance exams that various Maritime Institutes conduct for the intake of candidates.

5. The admission process consists of interview and an entrance exam.
10th January 2015, 12:15 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam,

I have passed diploma in mechenical engg. Is there any post available for me in Merchant Navy? How to get the job?
Yes, of course you are eligible for the direct entry in the Marine Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. After completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you can apply for Deck Cadet job for which you will have to go through pre-sea training. This training is organized by the respective company and You must have qualified in Training course to get the Deck Cadet Job.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

-Students should complete their diploma with a minimum percentage of 50% from a recognized Institution.
-Students studying college should be approved by the AICTE.
-Students age limit should not be above 26 years.

Physical Eligibility for joining Merchant navy:

Applicants should be physically fit.
Eye sight: 6/6
Height: 167 cms
Weight: 50 kg
Chest: 77 cm (Normal)/ 82 cm(Expanding)
6th August 2015, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Sir, can i jion merchant navy after diploma in mechanical engineering but I have only 45 marks in English subject in 12th
27th August 2015, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I have passed 3 year diploma in mechanical engineering after 10th.
can I join merchant navy???? or it needs BE ????
9th September 2016, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

20th September 2016, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering. Where should I visit for information regarding entrance of merchant navy ?
7th February 2017, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/madam I have done diploma mechanical engineer
Please regarding to best course of merchant navy
this is a my gmail id [email protected]
Please informed to my gmail id
Plz plz
Plz
21st May 2017, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir i am done my diploma in mechanical engineering with 70% after 10th pass so can i take admissions in merchant Navy
23rd May 2017, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I have completed my 10th 12th and three year diploma in mechanical engineering.

sir.
now what I can do?
30th September 2017, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th in 44 percent, 12th in arts was 37 percent and three years diploma in mechanical engineering 75 percent.

sir,
now can I have a good job in merchant navy?
30th September 2018, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Is there any opertunities for diploma mechanical engineers in marchant navy with out any additional course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?