5th November 2014, 02:27 PM
karishma.shaik

How can I prepare for GATE exam?

help me friends how to prepare for my gate exam please answer me

9th May 2015, 12:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for GATE exam?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering and the examination is conducted by the IIT Kanpur. The candidates who want to pursue higher degree ( M.tech ) from IIT , NIT and other government institute can apply. Many of the PSU also offers jobs on the basis of GATE score or rank.

The eligibility criteria for the examination is candidates who have passed or pursuing B.tech from any recognized university can apply. There is no limitations on number of attempts. The examination is conducted only in online mode.

The question in the examination are generally from the Reasoning , General Knowledge, Mathematical Ability and major number of questions are from your own stream topics.

The cut off for different stream is different. Gate score are valid for three years.

So the best way to crack the examination is by revision of your previous studied topics.Give attention to this from 3rd year only. Also solve previous year paper.
9th May 2015, 07:24 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering. This entrance examination is conducted for seeking admission for master in engineering course at top engineering institutes in India. Few public sector units also consider gate score for recruitment.

Few preparation tips for gate examination

Explore the examination pattern and syllabus.

Take mock tests regularly.

Understand the topics and learn.

Do not study anything with assumptions and doubts.

Refer best available books for gate examination. Solve previous year question papers and try to manage time.

Be aware of negative marking applicable.

If you want to take up coaching for this examination, you can join gate forum, career forum, I gate, ies academy, etc.,
9th May 2015, 07:24 PM
Parshantsingla

Hello Friend..

First of all i want to tell that the syllabus for GATE exam is comes from your Previous study doing in between your graduation.
And you also can take books for gate exam preparation. So you can get easily syllabus from that books. A lot of author books are available in market.

And there are some books with there author name and according to your trade. You can just visit below link.
gate.examsavvy.com/.../best-gate-2014-prep-books-with-authors-names....

Best of luck..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?