5th November 2016, 05:02 PM

How can I prepare for Income Tax officer exam after completing class 12th?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I want to prepare for Income Tax officer exam. I want to know how can I prepare for Income Tax officer exam after completing class 12th? Please answer as soon as possible.

6th November 2016, 04:26 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I prepare for Income Tax officer exam after completing class 12th?

No, after completion of 12th standard you are not eligible for Income Tax Officer examination.

Income Tax Officer exam is conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Commission).

Eligibility Criteria

You should have a bachelor's degree from any recognized university i.e. B.com.

Age Criteria

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC & 5 years for SC/ST.

Physical criteria

Height 157 cm

Chest 81 cm

Exam Stages

Preliminary

Mains

Interview
6th November 2016, 09:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for Income Tax officer exam after completing class 12th?

No, you are not eligible for recruitment as Income Tax officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidate have to qualify in all stages for final selection

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university The age limit is 21- 32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you have to wait till bachelor degree to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?