14th November 2016, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after completing class 12th to become an Income Tax officer?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing I want to become an Income Tax officer but I don't know what should I do. Please tell me what should I do after completing class 12th to become an Income Tax officer? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th November 2016, 11:06 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do after completing class 12th to become an Income Tax officer?

If you wish to become an Income Tax officer then complete the graduation first. Only those candidates are allowed to apply for this who have completed their graduation from a valid university in any faculty. SSC conduct Combined graduate Level Exam for the different posts & one of them is an Income Tax Officer. So, first of all complete your graduation.
15th November 2016, 01:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completing class 12th to become an Income Tax officer?

No, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for entrance examination for recruitment as an officer.

For recruitment candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in age limit for reserved category. So, after appearing and qualifying in examination you will be eligible for final recruitment for service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 03:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to become Income tax Officer is bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

You are not eligible to become Income tax Officer with 10+2 as academic qualification. First of all, you need to pursue bachelor's degree in any desired discipline then you can apply for entrance examination of Income Tax Department.

Either you can apply for Civil Services examination or SSC CGL examination after bachelor's degree to join Income Tax Department as an officer.
15th November 2016, 04:44 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

After 12th you have to pursue bachelor degree in any discipline to appear for Civil Service entrance examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.F.S, I.P.S, I.R.S etc. Officer's. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in this examination you will be eligible for recruitment as an officer in Income tax department.
15th November 2016, 08:06 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for becoming Income tax officer:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates are also eligible to apply for entrance examination of Income tax officer.

You cannot apply for income tax officer examination after 10+2. You should first pursue bachelor's degree then only you will become eligible for Income tax officer examination.
15th November 2016, 11:38 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an Income tax Officer, you first must meet the required eligibility criteria. The minimum educational qualification required to become an Income Tax Officer is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree from a recognized university. As there is a Graduation required, you are required to pursue Bachelor Degree in order to be eligible. Just pass in 12th Class is not at all required in order to be eligible. I suggest you to pursue Graduation either B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ B.A/ B.Com/ BCA/ BBM/ BBA or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university based on your interest in the academics to be eligible.
15th November 2016, 11:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing I want to become an Income Tax officer but I don't know what should I do. Please tell me what should I do after completing class 12th to become an Income Tax officer? Please answer as soon as possible.
No, 12th standard candidates are not eligible for Income Tax Officer exam.

To become a income tax officer exam, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam. So if you once completed SSC CGL Tier I and II and interview exam then you are eligible for Income Tax Officer post .

Minimum qualification required to apply for SSC CGL examination is completing a degree course from a recognized University. Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
15th November 2016, 11:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

After 12th you have to pursue bachelor degree and then you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination for final selection.

After qualifying in all three stages of examination you will be recruited as an Income tax officer.

So, from now you need to start preparation for examination as according to syllabus for examination.

To get syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?