29th June 2016, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after 12th Commerce to become an Income Tax Officer?

Sir,
I am in 11th class and pursuing Commerce stream. I want to become an Income Tax Officer. So, can you suggest me what I will do after 12th class so that I can become an Income Tax Officer?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?
  2. What should I do further to become an Income Tax Officer if secured 64% in 12th Commerce?
  3. Details of becoming Income tax officer for physically challenged student after B.Com?
  4. Stream required in 11th and 12th standard for becoming an Income tax officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?
  6. How to become an income tax officer after completing my 12th standard from Mumbai University from commerce stream?
  7. Which subjects to choose to become an Income tax officer?
  8. What should I do to become an Income Tax Officer? Which degree would be helpful after 12th?
  9. How to become an Income Tax officer after completing my 12th from Mumbai University from commerce stream? I am a BSc IT 2nd year student
  10. What is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department?
  11. What are the vacancies for income tax/sales tax officer
  12. How can I apply for income tax/sales tax officer?
  13. What steps should be taken after BBM in order to become a Sales tax or Income tax officer?
  14. What steps should I follow to become an Income Tax Officer? Which exam do I need to write to become an Income Tax Officer? -- [New]
  15. How to get Income Tax Officer job?
  16. How to become an income tax officer after completing B.Com?
  17. Whether B.Sc(IT) pursuing candidate is eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer entrance exam?
  18. Information regarding Entrance Exam and Procedure to become Income Tax Officer?
30th June 2016, 04:27 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do after 12th Commerce to become an Income Tax Officer?

You can not become Income tax officer after completing 12th. To become that you must complete graduation from a recognized University. You have to face Combined Graduate Level Exam which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission. This exam held every year where millions of candidates apply. I have attached the advertisement for the same which will help you in understanding.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSC CGL Advt 2016.pdf(261.4 KB, 150 views)
30th June 2016, 05:17 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do after 12th Commerce to become an Income Tax Officer?

If you want to be a Income Tax Officer first you need to complete graduation with any stream from recognized university.
Then after that you need to apply for SSC Graduate Level Exam.

SSC is Staff Selection Commission.
The SSC conduct exam for different exam for different posts.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

Should have a graduation degree in any stream.
There is no minimum marks needed.
Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
Age Limit- 18-27yrs in general category,for OBC relaxation of upper age limit by 3yrs and for SC/ST by 5yrs.
Should be Indian citizen.

SELECTION PATTERN:-

Tier I
Tier II
Interview.

For detail check www.ssconline.nic.in
30th June 2016, 07:57 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can become Income tax Officer either through UPSC Civil Services examination or through Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level examination.

But for these examination, minimum qualification required for these examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from recognized univeristy.

You can apply for these exams after bachelor's degree and crack to become Income tax officer exam.
30th June 2016, 09:18 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

First of all you have to complete graduation from any of the recognized university. You are free to opt any stream and there is no bondage of subject selection.
After completing graduation you have to qualify UDC entrance exam. It comes under SSC. It is held every year one time. You need to qualify that.
30th June 2016, 09:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am in 11th class and pursuing Commerce stream. I want to become an Income Tax Officer. So, can you suggest me what I will do after 12th class so that I can become an Income Tax Officer?
After completion of graduation degree, you can apply SSC CGL exam which is conducted for Income Tax Officer exam.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
30th June 2016, 10:04 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear it is not possible to become an Income tax officer with your qualification. And also you should have minimum graduation as qualification. For further classifications about Income Tax officer you can see the below information.

Ways to get into Income Tax department :

>> Civil Services

>> SSC CGL

For both ways you should have graduation from the recognized university.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years for Civil Services and 21 to 28 years for SSC CGL examination.
30th June 2016, 10:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification required for Income Tax Officer is bahcleor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. There are two entrance exams conducted at bachelor's degree level through which a candidate can become Income Tax Officer. First examination is Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC. You need to clear all stages of this examinaton and age limit is 21-32 years to join Indian Revenue Services.

The second examination is SSC Combined Graduate Level examination, for this exam age limit is 18-27 years, in this exam also, there is three stages, Tier I, II and interview to clear this exam and become IT officer.
30th June 2016, 11:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you have to take admission in degree course because minimum qualification is degree in any discipline to become eligible for these posts.
There are exams like SSC CGL and UPSC civil services exam through which you can enter the income tax department. Selection will be based in performance in written exam and interview.
1st July 2016, 12:11 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

At present, there is no examination through which you can become Income Tax Officer. Even after 10+2 there is no examination to crack to become IT officer. The entrance examination for Income tax officer is Civil Services examination or CGL examination.

The academic qualification required for both examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply. You must pursue first bachelor's degree then you would be eligible for these exams.
1st July 2016, 12:26 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to become Income Tax Officer:

*Minimum academic qualification required is bachelor's degree.

*Age limit for UPSC exam is 21-32 years and for SSC CGL exam for Income tax inspector is 18-27 years.

You are not eligible for either of exam after 10+2. You will be eligible for both exams after bachelor's degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?