26th January 2012, 09:11 PM
jha saurav

How can I start preparing for CAT exam? I am in 11th commerce stream with Maths as an optional subject

i am in 11th class commerce stream with math as an optional subject.how can i start preparing for my c.a.t entrance exam from class11th?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better to study as an Optional subject among Maths, Economics and IP in 11th Commerce? -- [New]
  2. Options available to me after 11th and 12th with Economics and Accounts as optional subjects?
  3. Which is the best optional subject to take up with Medical stream in 11th? Best option between Maths and Psychology/Sociology/Physical Education
  4. What are the optional subjects in 11th with Humanities?
  5. Which subject will help me to prepare for IAS? I have passed 12th from commerce maths stream
  6. Which subject will help me to prepare for IAS? I have passed 12th from commerce maths stream
  7. From which board should I study 11th Commerce among CBSE and HS Boards to appear in CPT? Optional subjects enlisted in 11th Commerce?
  8. How to get admission in commerce after passing SSC exam? What is the scope for commerce without having Maths as one subject in 11th and 12th?
  9. Which books should I refer for CAT entrance exam? How to start preparing for upcoming CAT entrance exam?
  10. Which optional subjects should I choose in 11th commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. List of schools which offer admission in 11th Commerce with Maths in Pune?
  12. Which subject is a better choice in 11th class between Computer, Physical Education and Maths along with Commerce to do MBA course?
  13. How to apply for IAS after completing BSc?
  14. When should I start preparing for CAT entrance exam?
  15. How can I make Maths as my 4th subject (optional) in WBCHSE Board?
  16. How to become more proficient in Quantitative section for CAT exam?
  17. How can I start preparation for GRE being a 11th Science student? For which subject I should apply? Suitable books for preparation?
  18. How to take B.Com in graduation without having maths in 11th? Can I become CA without Maths?
26th January 2012, 11:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I start preparing for CAT exam? I am in 11th commerce stream with Maths as an optional subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha saurav View Post
i am in 11th class commerce stream with math as an optional subject.how can i start preparing for my c.a.t entrance exam from class11th?
I have pasted some books for CAT exam so you can prepare well to all questions.

BEST BOOKS FOR CAT EXAM

CAT Topic-wise 17 Year Solved Papers
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)

Quantitative Aptitude
by
R. S. Aggarwal
Publisher: S.Chand Publishing (2010)

Verbal Ability For CAT
by
MBAGuru
Publisher: cengage Learning (2011)

Verbal Ability For The CAT
by
Sujit Kumar
Publisher: Pearson (2011)

I have attached the MBA question paper so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cat-2007-Paper-Set-222.pdf(61.1 KB, 236 views)
File Type: pdf Cat-2007-Set-222-Solution.pdf(61.1 KB, 144 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-2008-Analysis-by-Career-Launcher.pdf(61.1 KB, 134 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-2008-Analysis-by-TCYonline.pdf(60.9 KB, 141 views)
27th January 2012, 12:08 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I start preparing for CAT exam? I am in 11th commerce stream with Maths as an optional subject

Hi dear........
CAT exam details .

For this you can also choose coaching which will benefit for you to crack the exam.

Good luck.......
27th January 2012, 12:20 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How can I start preparing for CAT exam? I am in 11th commerce stream with Maths as an optional subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha saurav View Post

How To Prepare For CAT

CAT (Common Admission Test) is conducted mainly for admissions to IIMs,IMT Ghaziabad,IMD Gurgaon,FMS Delhi,etc..

CAT will mainly test you on the following things :-

Quantitative Aptitude

Data Interpretation

Data Sufficiency

Logical Reasoning

Vocabulary

Reading Comprehension

For appearing in CAT..you must clear your graduation in any stream with at least 50%

So you still have a lot of time to go but in the meanwhile you can improve your English and Vocabulary by reading a lot of novels and newspaper..

Know the meanings of the difficult words and practice the basic maths of 7th - 10th

I have also attached some of the previous year papers for your reference so that you get an idea of the exam pattern and the level of the questions..

For more information on CAT you can Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx CAT Exam 2012 Syllabus.docx(12.3 KB, 111 views)
File Type: pdf CAT2008_Question_Paper_With_Detailed_Solutions.pdf(1.32 MB, 224 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-2007_Exam.pdf(217.4 KB, 139 views)
File Type: pdf cat2006.pdf(342.1 KB, 97 views)
File Type: pdf cat2005.pdf(1.42 MB, 108 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2004 Paper.pdf(721.7 KB, 134 views)
27th January 2012, 01:51 PM
PRADIP PAUL

Post Re: How can I start preparing for CAT exam? I am in 11th commerce stream with Maths as an optional subject

you should to good in vocabulary english,communicative english.you to prepare in mathematics of class 11th & 12th.because i know that there has some problem which are coming from class 11th & 12th.you also prepare general technic of mathematics to solve the problem shortly because in there time is a main factor.
7th March 2012, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

I am in class 12th commerce stream with math as additional subject and i somehow want to get into army.what are the necessary steps or the entrance exams available for me?how can i start the preparation for it?
8th April 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

I AM IN CLASS 12th commerce with maths as an alternative i want tO know the process of CA AND STREAMS OF MATHS COMMERCE?
24th April 2012, 11:30 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

CAT will mainly test you on the following things :-
Quantitative Aptitude
Data InterpretationData SufficiencyLogical Reasoning VocabularyReading ComprehensionFor appearing in CAT..you must clear your graduation in any stream with at least 50%
you still have a lot of time to go but in the meanwhile you can improve your English and Vocabulary by reading a lot of novels and newspaper..
2nd May 2012, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, i am in class 11 and opted physics ,chemistry ,maths stream with economics as an optional subjects.Please,tell me what should i do for the preparation of CAT exam.
4th October 2012, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

respected sir..
i am a bba student of 1st year & pass out 12th with 75% .. can i passout CAT surely... or which time i start preparations for CAT & what r the steps for me as a normal student...
prajal agrawal
mathura..
28th December 2012, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

i am in 11th commerce not at all intrested in mathematics i wna kw about the courses i can go for n how to prepare myself for cat?
3rd June 2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

what is the basic step I can take as a commerce student of class 11 to prepare for the C.A.T. ?
25th April 2014, 03:34 AM
Unregistered

When to start preparing for CAT?is it after 11th and 12th or can it be done while studying on 11th nd 12th?Can you suggest any good coaching classes that would help me prepare for CAT in 11th?
17th June 2015, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I am 11th commerce stream student with optional subject maths. Should i start preparing for CAT exam from now as my aim is to go in IIMA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?