9th August 2012, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

How to do engineering degree from IIT after passing 2nd year diploma engineering

I m 2nd yr diplaoma engg. student , I want to do my engg. degree (B.tech) from IIT. I want to know that when I will be applicable for the entrace exam of IIT, after diploma or this year i.e. 2nd year.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in IIT for degree in mechanical engineering after passing diploma?
  2. Is there any way to get a degree after diploma except engineering? Why diploma isn't considered as degree?
  3. How can I go for degree in electrical engineering after diploma in electrical engineering?
  4. How to take admission in first year engineering course after passing diploma in engineering?
  5. Fees difference between diploma and fresh candidate for degree in Electrical engineering?
  6. How to join diploma in Automobile Engineering after passing 10th?
  7. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma
  8. How to get admission in B.E. in an engineering college of Gujrat after diploma in CSE from G.T.U.?
  9. What can I do after passing Civil Engineering diploma?
  10. How to do degree after passing 12th or diploma in civil engineering
  11. How to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering? Procedure for diploma in Aeronautical Degree?
  12. Admission procedure from Diploma to degree engineering in Pune?
  13. What should I do after passing diploma in civil engineering?
  14. How to apply for engineering degree after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get a job in a company after passing computer engineering diploma? Or Can I do diploma after MCA degree?
  16. What is the cut-off required for diploma to do Engineering degree? -- [New]
  17. Procedure to get admission in direct 2nd year engineering degree course in Gujarat after scoring 64% in Diploma?
  18. What is better Diploma after 10th or degree after 12th?
10th August 2012, 07:07 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do engineering degree from IIT after passing 2nd year diploma engineering

You will become eligible for admission in B.Tech. at IITs after completion of diploma in
engineering.
Diploma in Engineering is considered equivalent to 10+2 for admission in B.Tech. at IITs.

Though there are many private and some government colleges that conduct separate
entrance exams for diploma holder candidates so as to allow their admission directly
into the 2nd year of B.Tech. but there is no such provision in IITs.

The admission procedure for admission in B.Tech. courses is same for both diploma
holders and 10+2 passed students as well.

Presently, the selection procedure of IITs is doubtful to highest extent.
Till this year IITs have been conducting their own entrance exam but government is
planning to conduct a single entrance exam for all government colleges of the country.
If this plan is implemented then the selection process could be completely different.

For you (diploma student), the selection process is tougher in comparison to your
peer 10+2 students because use do not study the Physics, Chemistry and Maths of
10+2 syllabus. There will be some part of PCM in diploma also but that's not good enough
for engineering entrances. Therefore, you will have to study separately for IIT entrance
exam from 10+2 PCM syllabus.
As you are not studying 10+2 syllabus into your college so I would suggest you to take
help from some coaching or private tuition providers for your preparation.
10th August 2012, 08:18 PM
EALPExpert

Default Re: How to do engineering degree from IIT after passing 2nd year diploma engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m 2nd yr diplaoma engg. student , I want to do my engg. degree (B.tech) from IIT. I want to know that when I will be applicable for the entrace exam of IIT, after diploma or this year i.e. 2nd year.
::: Engineering Degree from IIT :::

IIT stands for indian institute of technology and this is inviting the applications every year for admission in graduate and postgraduate courses through various entrance exams like LEET and GATE and AIEEE and IIT JEE and etc..

According to your mention information you are studying the diploma 2nd year and after completing this interested to B.Tech degree in IIT's and then you don't worry you can get admission in IIT's through LEET entrance exam or GATE entrance exam.

After completing the diploma degree or final year students are eligible to apply for LEET and GATE entrance exam. These are announced the admission notification in daily news papers or official website.

IIT is conducted the entrance exam and interview for admission in B.Tech courses and you are diploma student and then you can get the directly 2nd year of B.tech courses.This institute is offering the many courses and also this is providing the stipend and scholarship.

~~ Regards
EALPExpert
11th December 2012, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

do IITs consider leet for diploma students entrance?
10th May 2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

i wanna knw can i get iit college after doing diploma...if no den pls suggest me various kind of degrees n courses i can apply..i have mechanical branch...
and if yes den hw much % required dere for diploma holder...
3rd September 2013, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is in Diploma first year (ECE). She completed her 10 class with 89.2% in 2013 April. Can you seggest me what she can do for iit exams.
4th September 2013, 01:25 PM
B.Srikanth Yadav

Thumbs up Re: How to do engineering degree from IIT after passing 2nd year diploma engineering

Hi brother,

1.You can do Engineering after Diploma,so first complete your diploma.

2.After completion of Diploma Write Entrance exam (EACET),To do Engineering from 2nd year onwards.

3.If you want to do Engineering in IIT's and IIIT's, Get good rank in EACET entrance exam.

4.Otherwise Join in Private colleges, which will provide seat for you.

Thank you.
19th May 2014, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

i want admission to B.E 1st year I.T ...i failed 3rd year diploma in computer sci. but i wann admission to B.E
29th July 2014, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma second year mechanical engineering student will I be eligible for writing jee
1st May 2015, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma engineering student I completed my diploma in private university so I can take admission in 2nd sem of B.E in IIT?
1st May 2015, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma engineering student I completed my diploma in private university so I can take admission in 2nd sem of B.E in IIT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?