13th December 2012, 09:54 PM
santoshpradhan310

How to get admission in lateral entry IIT while studying diploma

Dear SIR,
I am santosh.i am now studying diploma.plz sir info. That after diploma,i ll get admission in lateral entry iit

7th January 2013, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get admission in lateral entry IIT while studying diploma

can i wil take admission to IIT after diploma(msbte full time ) then procedure tell me

18th January 2013, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in IIT college 2nd year directly after completing diploma in civil engineering? what is the procedure of getting admission?

19th January 2013, 11:59 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

My friend you will not get admission in Indian Institute of Technology after completing diploma. Unfortunately there is no provision in Indian Institute of Technology to offer lateral entry admission to diploma holders.

As you may know that diploma holders are eligible for admission through lateral entry scheme. Which means that they can take admission into the second year of B.Tech course. This is unfortunately not possible in Indian Institute of Technology.

The admission procedure for IIT is as following. The candidate has to first compelte 12th standard with PCM subjects and then apply for the entrance exam. Till last year IIT-JEE entrance exam was conducted to offer admission into Indian Institute of Technology.

From this year onwards, ISEET entrance exam will be conducted for the same. The requirement to appear for ISEET is as following:-

1. Must have completed 12th standard from recognized board.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th standard.

The diploma holders are not eligible to appear for ISEET entrance exam for IIT-JEE. The diploma course is not considered equal to 12th standard. Therefore it is simply impossible to take admission in IIT through lateral entry scheme.

The same is the same for National Institute of Technology (NIT), in case you are planning to take admission in it. You will have to appear for same ISEET entrance exam for admission in National Institute of Technology.

However such rule is not applied to other engineering colleges. They accept candidates through lateral entry scheme. For which you will have to appear for Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET). You must have minimum of 60 percent marks in diploma to appear for LEET.

20th January 2013, 05:53 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

[CENTER]
Dear There,

The acronym for IIT is Indian Institute of Technology.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible to get admission in IIT through lateral entry; because there is no provision of lateral entry admission to diploma holders in IIT.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

21st January 2013, 06:24 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

IIT Stands for Indian Institute Of Technology.

Candidates get admission in IIT for various under graduate technical course like B.Tech / B.E. / B.Arch.

The IIT Conducts a joint entrance examination every year for the admission of candidates for the above mentioned courses.

The Qualifications that you should have to be eligible for the IIT JEE are :

* you must ahve completed your 12th with PCM as your main subjects from any recognized board.

* you must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in 12th.

* your age must not be less than 14 years.

So , from the above mentioned , you can see that there is no way for diploma holders to get admission in IIT through lateral entry scheme.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

25th January 2013, 10:08 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology.

Sorry but you cannot get admission in lateral entry IIT while studying diploma.

The educational qualification regarding with IIT admission are below mentioned:-

* A candidate must have completed 12th with PCM with 60% marks from a recognised board.

* Age criteria- The age of a candidate is more than 14 years.

Thanks.

25th April 2013, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir/mam
I have completed diploma in Architecture and now
I want to do Barch, plz tell me collages name
And rule of admission plz
Thankyou

6th July 2013, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

I m 12th passout of 2010 session with 50% marks. Now can i appear in IIT JEE OR AIEEE next year.

12th July 2013, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in IIT after complete diploma .

17th October 2013, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

what is leet? Is it compulsary for lateral entry in all colleges? What is the syllbus of it and when it will be conducted? I have done diploma in computer science with 79.11% what college is best for me! Plz help...

26th April 2014, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

I have not done 12th but I have completed my diploma...can I eligible for IIT entrance exam?

26th April 2014, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

i m doing bsc (Hons) Forensic Science and in 1st year. After completing bsc i wnt to take admission in b tec civil in iit delhi.Can u plzz tell me the whole procedure of getting admission and i had completed my 12 with science side in 2012 with 82%.plzz help??????

8th August 2014, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Dear SIR,
I am santosh.i am now studying diploma.plz sir info. That after diploma,i ll get admission in lateral entry iit

25th September 2015, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/ mam
I am Aman Chauhan. I am now studying diploma in civil Engg. Please sir information that after diploma , I'll get admission in latral entry IIT Delhi.

26th September 2015, 01:35 AM
RRAL

One can get the admission directly in the second year of engineering if he/she has successfully completed the diploma degree by the lateral entry scheme.

But IITs does not allows this scheme.If you wish to get admit in the IITs then yiu have to appear in the JEE mains as well as JEE advanced entrance exam which are conducted by the IIT itself.If you successfully clear both the exam, then the rank which you will opt, that will decide your admission in which college.

29th May 2016, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Can we do any engineering courses out of state after completing diploma from MSBTE??

2nd May 2017, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to get admission in lateral entry IIT while studying diploma

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryan5107241 View Post
Dear Friend,

IIT Stands for Indian Institute Of Technology.

Candidates get admission in IIT for various under graduate technical course like B.Tech / B.E. / B.Arch.

The IIT Conducts a joint entrance examination every year for the admission of candidates for the above mentioned courses.

The Qualifications that you should have to be eligible for the IIT JEE are :

* you must ahve completed your 12th with PCM as your main subjects from any recognized board.

* you must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in 12th.

* your age must not be less than 14 years.

So , from the above mentioned , you can see that there is no way for diploma holders to get admission in IIT through lateral entry scheme.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dear sir, I have recently seen in a brochure of IIT regarding provision of entry towards IIT....... it is not possible for Lateral entry but it is possible to join in the 1st year through JEE please provide me Valid information regarding this.....
Awaiting reply....
feel free to mail me at [email protected]

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?