23rd January 2018, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

How to get transfer directly in 3rd year of B.Tech to other city due to transfer of father's job?

I am studying in 2nd year of B.Tech and I want to change my college as my father is getting transfer to other city? Is it possible to transfer my college in that city directly in 3rd year? To whom should I apply for it?

24th January 2018, 08:10 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get transfer directly in 3rd year of B.Tech to other city due to transfer of father's job?

Sorry, to say that it is not possible to transfer directly to 3rd year of B.Tech course in another college. To get B.Tech degree certificate, you have to pursue complete duration of the B.Tech course from the same college/ university where you have secured admission. You can't pursue first two years B.Tech course from one college and another two years from another college. So, you have to pursue your remaining two years B.Tech course from your present college as it is not possible to get transfer directly to B.Tech 3rd year in another college.
24th January 2018, 09:21 AM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: How to get transfer directly in 3rd year of B.Tech to other city due to transfer of father's job?

There is no provision of changing college directly into third year of B.tech even if it is under same university. There is no rule regarding this you have to complete your B.Tech from the same college you took admission to. There is a provision of lateral entry into 2nd year but only a few colleges/universities allow students of B.Tech 1st year to take admission to. It will be better if you complete your B.Tech from the same college else shifting to new college will make your two years to zero.
24th January 2018, 12:24 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Since you are already pursuing 2nd year of Graduation in B.Tech, it is difficult to get admission in other college of other city into 3rd year of B.Tech course.

No college will agree for that since you have completed half of the course already.

Some colleges will accept admission but they charge huge donation. That too, if they have any vacant seats available.

In addition to that, you need to pay amount to your college also for leaving the college in the mid of the course.

Some colleges will not allow you to transfer even if you are ready to pay amount also.

Another possible scenario is, mutual transfer. If there is any candidate from the other college is ready to come to your college, you can go to that college.

Again you need to get permission from both the colleges for this to happen.

My suggestion would be to continue in the same college where you are pursuing B.Tech now.

It would be just 2 years that you stay away from your family.

You can visit your family in the holidays.

After completion of the course, you can look for the job opportunities in the city where your father is doing the job.
24th January 2018, 06:08 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot change your college in 3rd year.

According to the government rules you cannot change the college after completing your 1st year degree.
You can change the stream after 1st year, that is possible only under some conditions.

What ever may be reason you cannot change your college after 3rd year. You need to complete your 4 years degree or you need to study your bachelors degree from 1st year.
24th January 2018, 09:44 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Yes it is possible , you need to follow below factors
>> If you have pass mark sheet of 2nd year without any backlog then you can apply in 3rd year in any city on direct admission basis.
>> Admission on direct basis is done after allotment of seats in regular and self finance quota.
>> You also need to obtain migration certificate from current university.
>> You can apply by obtaining form from different colleges and mention direct admission or as told by staff.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?