29th October 2011, 10:57 AM
timeto

How to improve my english speaking and writing skills?

My english speaking was very poor. I m not able to talk in behind of some one in english. I done my education in marathi medium. So i have much more difficulty in my college level for talking with others. So give mi some suggestions.
Thanking you.

18th February 2012, 03:40 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to improve my english speaking and writing skills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeto View Post
My english speaking was very poor. I m not able to talk in behind of some one in english. I done my education in marathi medium. So i have much more difficulty in my college level for talking with others. So give mi some suggestions.
Thanking you.
To improve your ability of English Speaking you can follow some regular exercises which will help you gain confidence. To start with you can join in any institute which offers courses in English speaking. Make sure the course is of basic standard. Since you are little weak in this language you have to understand what your instructor is guiding you with. Try to improve your vocabulary by speaking in English with very close friends who have a good knowledge about the language. Don't feel shy or embarrassed while speaking. By regular speaking you will improve your speaking quality.
You can improve your writing skill by regular reading. To write properly you need to know how to write. Work on your spellings, grammar, sentences. Read as much as you can in presence of a good personal who can correct you when you are committing mistake. There is no short cut, you have to be patient and work hard on your weakness.
18th February 2012, 05:16 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You need not worry regarding this problem as you can make your English better through constant practice. Firstly, it is important for you to make your basics in the English language strong. You can join some spoken English classes as part time. These classes will help you to improve your language. Reading is another important point. You should read many English books which will give you more knowledge. In order to improve your writing skills, you can take up small topics and express your views in writing. Also important for improving your language skills is to talk in English itself with others. This will improve your confidence level and also may help in correcting your mistakes.
18th February 2012, 06:27 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Improvement of English speaking and writing skill needs a great patience and perseverance and above all confidence to over come the weak points in this. To improve English speaking skill you have to read English news paper and magazines in regular basis. You have to watch television news reader minutely particularly their lip movements during news readings or a TV talk along with hearing the sound carefully every day or whenever you get any time during every day. Besides that you have to practise the reading with normal sound standing before a mirror and watch carefully when you are speaking. You should also try to speak in English with your near and dear or friends or whenever you get an opportunity to do so and in this way you can drive away hesitation, if any, to speak English.

In order to improve your writing skill in English please follow some good books on English vocabulary and regularly using those new words which you learn every day in your writing can improve your writing skill. Don't be hurry as practice makes a man perfect, be patient and watch and alert to your effort of improving the skill every day. You will definitely be successful in course of time.
18th February 2012, 06:32 PM
priyanka_22

Dear ,

Speaking and Writting skills of any language can be improved only if you use the language more n more. Try doing that moreover i will counsel you to read news papers and try to learn new words out from their.

There are a lot English news papers and websites but DNA uses very easy manner.

Best Luck
18th February 2012, 07:26 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Every new book, short story or article you read
teaches you new words, new ways to formulate
sentences, and more natural ideas on how to use
the language. They go to your subconscious and
slowly start becoming more natural to you, until
one day you notice that you start to think in English and know that you’re on the right track.
30th May 2012, 06:19 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

To improve your speaking and writing skills ,you have tyo follow these steps:

-->>Know the english grammer and cover the topics such as Tenses,prepositions,articles and question tags etc.

-->>You can also improve by going to the spoken english classes.

-->>Read the English novels,stories and try to understand.

-->>Practice the sentences what you have read.

-->>listen to the news casting,movie casting in TV.

All the best....................
30th September 2012, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Which one is the best Spoken English centre in chennai?

Sri....
5th October 2012, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about regarding speaking stratigies?
4th November 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I have a big problem with my english, I'm a Phd research student , my writing and speaking are under level..I was try to every thing
but there is no any hope .. please I need some help
Thanks
Wee jun
5th November 2012, 08:15 PM
azhardon

hi,
To improve your ability of English Speaking you can follow some regular exercises which will help you gain confidence. To start with you can join in any institute which offers courses in English speaking. Make sure the course is of basic standard. Since you are little weak in this language you have to understand what your instructor is guiding you with. Try to improve your vocabulary by speaking in English with very close friends who have a good knowledge about the language. Don't feel shy or embarrassed while speaking. By regular speaking you will improve your speaking quality.
You can improve your writing skill by regular reading. To write properly you need to know how to write. Work on your spellings, grammar, sentences. Read as much as you can in presence of a good personal who can correct you when you are committing mistake. There is no short cut, you have to be patient and work hard on your weakness.
6th November 2012, 08:29 AM
Realstarsajjad

Post Re: How to improve my english speaking and writing skills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
I have a big problem with my english, I'm a Phd research student , my writing and speaking are under level..I was try to every thing
but there is no any hope .. please I need some help
Thanks
Wee jun
Hi,
English is the global language. If you don not know English you will not know connected the world. As this is one of the language, which spread in all over the world.
Here I give you some tips to learn English :

1. Read English daily newspaper. (Telegraph, Statesman, The Hindu etc)
2. Watch Hollywood movies and try to understand the speech.
3. You could get admission on the spoken English class,
4. Surf internet. If you brows internet you will very much able to write English in proper forms.
5. You could bought any English course book.

You could lean and speak English by this ways. Lastly, English is not a hard language to learn. Just try it from your heart.
6th November 2012, 02:26 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Go through my attachment for improvement..

Good luck..

Attached Files
File Type: docx Becoming fluent in speaking and writing English.docx(11.5 KB, 126 views)
6th November 2012, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

what should i opt for to get courses in english? Any special exam?
6th November 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

please provide gate previous question papers
6th November 2012, 10:53 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

Practice is the Key of good preparation...so the first thing you need to do is Practice.

Knowledge in English language can be improved by increasing your reading habit.
Pay attention to the grammatical mistakes as they can change the meaning of the sentence. It is advisable that the candidate spends some time in learning the usage of grammar.
you should make a habit of reading English newspaper on a regular basis especially the editorial part as it helps in improving comprehension skills and better understanding of the language.

All the best...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arihant-general-english-for-bank-po.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	121989  
Attached Images

7th November 2012, 01:12 PM
AAI ..

HELLO SIR..........

Improve your speaking and writing skills ,you have tyo follow these steps:You can also improve by going to the spoken english classes.Read the English novels,stories and try to understand.Practice the sentences what you have read.listen to the news casting,movie casting in TV.

ALL THE BEST..............
7th November 2012, 04:32 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

See, English speaking is not your weak point rather you feel fear to speak English with some one. Every time you feel that, if any one make joke with your poor English. Please don't fear to talk in English with your close mates even it is wrong. If there is grammatical error in your English speaking that is not an issue in modern speaking English language.

It is suggested that, read good story english books or watch english good movie with sub-titles that can improve your english speaking power. Try to gather new english words and try to use when you talk in english. Read english news papers everyday in morning time with some loud voice. Try to write diary or short essay / story of your everyday experiences.
7th November 2012, 07:24 PM
jhontyrathod

Dear friend,
I would like to advice to read English newspaper enen though you don't understand fully. Just try and try and continue to read .Remember every day some new words and use it.
Most critical thing is to use english language in your usual life.Make a group and talk in english with each other. Don't hesitate while speaking english even you are wrong. Every day mistakes will make you perfect.
15th November 2012, 01:14 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeto View Post
Thanking you.
Hi,
Well this becomes a problem, if you do not come from English medium. But do not worry, it is never too late. What I see from your query is that you will require a book on English Grammar. Please buy Oxford's book and Murphy's book on English Grammar. Also buy some English novels like MOBY DICK or David Copperfield or Ben Hur to get a knowledge on the usage of English words correctly in a sentence or while conversing. Since you mention that your writing skills also need to be brushed, please practice writing in English. Maintain an English copy and write the things that you learn from the Grammar books that I mentioned. This will help you a lot.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?