16th December 2010, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

How to make Mathematics interesting to study?

While doing maths i forget formula and feel bored to do it give some tips to make it interesting

17th December 2010, 10:29 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to make Mathematics interesting to study?

hi,
mathematics is an very interesting subject the thing is that you should start using the formulas in practical life
don't see the it as any other subject and start mugging up the formulas,just try to understand them and apply in the problems
all the best
17th December 2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
While doing maths i forget formula and feel bored to do it give some tips to make it interesting
u should give more time ti math.. u should solve maximum problems . in that way u will find it easy and intresting..
17th December 2010, 10:58 AM
Kilakila

Quote:
You just wind up all the formulas daily once and then do the problems of respective formulas.......by doing this u wil not forget any formula..
To make it interesting do one easy problem first if u have done it then u feel very happy and proud and with tat spirit try to do other problems too...
17th December 2010, 11:50 AM
shivaramakrishna

Quote:
first of all make a chart of all formulas chapter wise and carry out it in your pocket.mug up the formulas when ever you get free time.practice them repeatedly. important thing is to apply them by practising a number of examples provided in text book.
17th December 2010, 01:03 PM
lavanyaratala

hey try to solve the problems in a different and innovative way........then you can get interest on it.......
17th December 2010, 01:13 PM
jansie

different people understand and learn things in different manners
the first step should be analyzing the way in which your mind accepts it readily
if you have problem in learning formulas then you can try writing them seperately and then learn them not by cramming but by relating them with things or incidences around you(you can do it by giving funny names to different words or by learning some special codes for some formulas)
also you can refer to the derivation of these formulas so that you can get an idea to formulate them yourself whenever you get problem while applying them
i hope these tips will help you
17th December 2010, 02:15 PM
sihal.sihal.a

u know that maths is an intersting sub
to make it more intersting just find out intersting quotes of no:
17th December 2010, 04:16 PM
sdeepika.b

mathematics is the main subject that covers in all the subjects. for example while studying physics, mechanics u find many derivations which was the basic of mathematics
If u r well in arithmetic(+,-,*,/ etc u need to do nothing u r well with that subject.
-*never try to mug up the formulas(exception- Trigonometry) U need to understand the question and try to evaluate from it what is necessary
-*never fear about mathematics
-* WE use it frequently in our daily life and get practiced to it
-* try to work out mental mathematics daily that help ur neurons the thinking capability
-* vedic mathematics is the best solution for u as i think
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vedic Maths-1.pdf(647.3 KB, 122 views)
17th December 2010, 06:12 PM
sindhusweety

how we are remembering the picturesstories and other unrelated topics which are useless to you because we are concentrating and keeping our mind on that particular issue only.In our mind passive neurons and active neurons are present.passive neurons are those that store information which can erase itself and active neurons are which store information that which we do not forget always, the topics which we are always concentrating,practicing are stored in active neurons .so my suggestion is always keep practising the formulas everyday as we know that practise makes man perfect and if you focus your mind on the maths it will become very interesting .every morning you should practise the formulas.bye
17th December 2010, 08:03 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

The best way to study maths is to practice as many times as you can and better to practise during late evening or night. It would be better to learn formula before practising maths and recall all the formulas too. Better to clear all your doubts.
Good Luck
18th December 2010, 12:35 AM
nishant1110

I faced the same difficulty a few years ago. Here's how I worked it out, for different levels of formulae advancing in difficulty.

1. What's the formula? Does it contain many variables? How many? OK, say 3. Can we arrange them in alphabetical order and rewrite the formula? Oh yes I can. Does it make mugging it a little easier? In some 20 cases, I found it does.

2. Does arranging the variables in a circle help? Yes, it helps you to jump from one variable to another in the correct sequence.
e.g. (x+y+z)^2 = x*x + y*y + z*z + 2(xy+yz+zx): x to y to z, back to x, then y, y, z, z, x. Does it help? In another 20 cases, I found it does.

3. What does the formula look like? An elephant with a long trunk? (Integration!) or some horse galloping along. Replace the boring log|x+a| by the actual log of wood with x and a written on it on the same side. Does it help? In yet another 20 cases, I found it does.

4. Can you find some association between the LHS & RHS. Like, say, Both have a^2 at the numerator, or, say, LHS has 3/5 while RHS has 4/5 (3, 4, 5!). Can rotating the numerator of LHS, or mirrorring it fetch some part of the RHS? Does it help? In still another 20 cases, I found it does.

This has been my experience. You can try it too.

Regards
nishant1110
18th December 2010, 08:04 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

see maths is best and interesting subject from all other subjects we read this subject when we feel bore and after studying this subject our boredom goes but i think this is different with you!!

To make it interesting first you have to stop feeling about its long formula and boredom !!

and second thing stop remembering formula apply logic and derive the formula than to remember it!!

and study it when you are full of energetic and full concentration!!

best of luck
18th December 2010, 08:17 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

maths is interesting subject.

some subject are bored but maths is easy to understand.

you have more formula.daily workout one formula and understand formula
clearly.

then next once see formula and study another formula.it will take 10min.

do like this u can learn more easily formula.
18th December 2010, 10:37 AM
ruchika4989

dear friens,
first of all i want to tell u that maths is real fun .u first open up your mind ,to do this to need to apply maths to simple things around you .n regarding formulas i will suggest you that if u have problem in remembering formulas just make a chart of it n paste it at a place there u can frequently see it
it really help to remember formulas
18th December 2010, 12:25 PM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
Maths is very intresting subject you could make it more by solving most of the tough question .It is unnecessary to learn formulae in maths , you should do practice only ,formulae will automatically fit in your mind. go and try it.
18th December 2010, 12:45 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

math is very interesting subject.I am providing you some tips that would make math interesting for you. Tips are as follows:
1.You make the list of formulas on a chart paper and hang it in front of your study table. Daily see those formulas and after 10 or 15 days you will find comfortable with those formulas.
2.Cram the table up to 20.
3.Practice different types of math again and again.

I hope these tips will be helpful to you and math will become easy and interesting subject for you.

Best of luck
17th February 2011, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

DEAR FRIENDS

maths is interesting subject.just u have to work hard a little bit my practicing it daily for 1hour
1st August 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

i really want to know how to develop interest in the field of mathematics rather than finding methods to learn the methods
17th August 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

if i do not able to solve the sums i become nervous and do not able to do any of maths problems
19th May 2012, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Maths is very interesting subject.
If u want to keep all the formulas is an easy way.
first take ur syllabus & then write each formulas u have based on the topic in a paper.
Then workout one sum in one model.
During examination just take this paper and read .it saves ur time& pressure .
All the best
26th December 2012, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

why math is a very exciting subject to learn?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?