9th August 2017, 11:23 PM
POOJA. SHARMA

How man years will it take to become an IAS officer after completion of graduation?

How many years will it take to become an IAS officer after completion of graduation? Can you please tell me the minimum time it would take? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me with the details soon. Thank you!

10th August 2017, 08:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How man years will it take to become an IAS officer after completion of graduation?

If you have completed your graduation from a recognised University and now you want to become an IAS officer then you need to appear in the Civil Services Exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. All graduates are eligible to appear in this exam and if they qualify then they have to appear in JEE mains exam after that you need to qualify the personal interview and if you qualify it also then you will be selected as an officer. This is a difficult exam so you can also go for coaching or any external help for more or 1 year.
10th August 2017, 08:57 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: How man years will it take to become an IAS officer after completion of graduation?

IAS is Indian Administrative Services. The selection of candidates for different services like IPS, IAS, IRS, IFS etc is done on basis of rank in Civil Services examination. As per rules and regulation of it, candidates with bachelor's degree and meeting minimum age requirement of 21 years can apply for Civil Services examination.

The number of years taken to become IAS will totally depend upon your hard work, determination and dedication towards your goal along with a bit of luck factor also. Some candidates have even cleared this exam at age of 22 years in very first attempt itself and some has even taken 4-5 years to become IAS officer.
10th August 2017, 10:03 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Civil Services examination is exam for this service. Any person who has done bachelor's degree and attained minimum age of 21 years can apply for Civil Services examination.

After graduation, it totally depends upon your hard labour to crack this exam. If smart study is done for 2 years after bachelor's degree, you can definitely clear this examination.
10th August 2017, 10:37 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Officer and for recruitment candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The required qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed or final year appearing candidate from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, if you have passed bachelor degree and after qualifying in all three stages of examination will be eligible for training at LBSNAA, Mussorie, Uttarakhand.

So, it depends upon your preparation and number of attempts you will take to qualify in examination for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th August 2017, 08:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to give you the exact time required to become an I.A.S Officer after graduation degree.

It all depends upon the preparation for examination as well as better luck while appearing in examination.

Sometimes candidates who have done hard work also not able to qualify in the examination due to some silly mistakes during examination.

So, if you want to appear in examination you just need to give your best and leave the rest on god. To get syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th May 2020, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

I am BBA 1st year student for distance education
So I am applying IAS entrance exam in 2021 year
4th July 2020, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

I am degree final year i can apply for the is exam
And which materiel study them
6th July 2020, 08:44 PM
Meekaat

It depends on your preparation. UPSC is a exam of personality. It depends upon you how much time you are going to clear this exam. In my point of view 2years are more than enough to complete the syllabus. But you have to utilise these 2years with full efficiency and hardwork
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?